Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

ORBX EU Netherlands TrueEarth released

4 minutes ago, Heathrow to Dublin said:

The FPS is probably awful with the FSLABS A320 if people have issues with simple planes like the NGX. 

How is the NGX a "simple plane"?? Just curious...

@J van E - have you reported your findings to the ORBX forum?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

It's simple compared to the FSLABS.  That's my benchmark.  The 737NGX doesn't require the kind of resources that the FSLabs product demands.  That's what I mean when I say simple.  Simple as in complexity of the software in comparison to the more advanced birds.  Not that the NGX is a basic plane, it just runs far easier on complex scenery without crumbling to a depressing 19 fps.

Edited by Heathrow to Dublin

2 minutes ago, Heathrow to Dublin said:

The FPS is probably awful with the FSLABS A320 if people have issues with it with simple planes like the NGX.  I have a hard time with just Orbx LC/Vector and Fly Tampa Amsterdam.  My machine is 2 years old (haswell e + 1080) and getting acceptable frames now requires me to turn down the settings to low or medium.  I'm hesitant to buy since I fly that bird a lot.

Same policy for me. PMDG I use photo scenery eg mega scenery earth regions, cities etc. I have a lot of ORBX  but thats for non PMDG and that works well.

ZORAN

5 minutes ago, zmak said:

Same policy for me. PMDG I use photo scenery eg mega scenery earth regions, cities etc. I have a lot of ORBX  but thats for non PMDG and that works well. 

I have mega scenery earth but I don't like the look on approach and takeoff without decent autogen.  Also, I'm too lazy to download tons of custom autogen for every country i visit.

I'm interested in seeing this product's performance with the A320 because that's my bird.

1 minute ago, Heathrow to Dublin said:

I have mega scenery earth but I don't like the look on approach and takeoff without decent autogen.  Also, I'm too lazy to download tons of custom autogen for every country i visit.

Their latest hi res cities look good on approach. its a trade off i guess for better FPS. Im retired so downloading huge files is the high light of my day 😀

ZORAN

I downloaded some of that custom France autogen freeware to use with some freeware French photoscenery that was posted here on the forum.  I was disappointed with the result.  Too generic.  Also, the problem with Orto4XP is that the autogen is very generic too and the cities lack identity, otherwise it is  a fine solution if you use that sim.  Orbx will at least show places that bear a decent resemblance to reality even if it doesn't match perfectly in actuality.

Performance is pretty garbage for me, at the moment, even with sliders tuned way down from my normal settings. Maybe I need to disable some check boxes in the Orbx configuration settings. I'm not disappointed in my purchase by any means, as the scenery is beautiful, but when I usually get 40-60 fps range in traditional Orbx regions, 10-15 fps is a little disappointing. I guess my 2700K and 970GTX has finally met its match. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

18 hours ago, zmak said:

Its odd. I live in Thailand a developing country with fast internet and UNLIMITED GB and all for the silly price of $20/month

When I moved to Thailand from Australia it was like moving from Third World to Fully Developed Nation as far as Internet is concerned.

• Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

2 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

Performance is pretty garbage for me, at the moment, even with sliders tuned way down from my normal settings. Maybe I need to disable some check boxes in the Orbx configuration settings. I'm not disappointed in my purchase by any means, as the scenery is beautiful, but when I usually get 40-60 fps range in traditional Orbx regions, 10-15 fps is a little disappointing. I guess my 2700K and 970GTX has finally met its match.  

That is not good for me.  I don't think I've got the machine to run my favorite birds (fslabs a320 and pmdg 747) with this scenery, given that normal Orbx regions bog the frames down a lot without turning down the settings far to the left.  Oh well.  I am guessing this will require a monster machine to run complex aircraft and complex airports well.

Does  it come with a configuration panel?

ZORAN

Yes, I'm experimenting now. The control panel has tertiary, and secondary road traffic enabled by default. Disabling to see if that makes a difference. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

SolRayz, I am interested in your findings. I also get bad performance with TrueEarth NL, especially around Rotterdam and Amsterdam. I use no addon airports and only the A2A C172. I have a computer that normally handles Orbx stuff ok.

Disabling secondary and tertiary road traffic may have helped a bit. At EHAM, with or without Fly Tampa, forget it. Still hovering around 10-15 fps with 99% GPU utilization and any landing attempt in a PMDG tubeliner would be comical at best. Most everywhere else is very acceptable performance and quite smooth.  I will experiment more, but alas, I must work in the morning. 

Edited by SolRayz

I am from the Netherlands and was waiting for something like this.

I left FSX & P3D v4 after many many years and started with Xplane 11 with Orthophoto scenery, simheaven europe, etc...  and the combination is amazing also the performance still ok and nice. 

I have I7-4,2, with GTX-1080 and SSD drives and 64gb ram, tuned well but still it gives max 30fps and not all sliders wide open, but even then nice and amazing.

When I use P3D v4 and also nicely fine tuned and using ORBX Vector, Global, etc.. and Amsterdam  aerosoft, NL2000 and Activesky, Rex.  Using PMDG planes, GA planes from Carenado. But forget it.... sliders needs to go to the left.  Fps dropping a specially when it is bad weather or when you fly from another country to Amsterdam. Or when flying with GA from Rotterdam airport to Amsterdam. You get frame drop or stutters.

Point is: Telling that you get 40 -60 fps is nice for this wonderful and amazing new ORBX software (i love it also), but please tell us in a nutt shell also what your "secret" is. What are your specs and what have you done to get there with extra fine tuning or maybe double GTI-1080 cards, etc...  That makes more sense as review and give people a better idea.  Because my frustration with FSX and later with P3D, I always need to do fine tuning. Which is sometimes ok, but finally it turns out for me to switch to Xplane 11, with nice Ortho and autogen on top of it, flying is great.  (and it brakes my heart, because I love P3D with PMDG planes and many many many addon scenery.)  

(this is not a discussion about P3D or Xplane, because I like P3D as well and still have it running)

And please have fun with the new ORBX scenery.  It looks great!! Even my born hometown nijmegen....wow....nice...with the bridges and the new river part.