Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

ORBX EU Netherlands TrueEarth released

47 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Any reports about performance on EHAM (FlyTampa) approach with PMDG birds?

For me it's actually great! When I'm on C6 (looking towards Amsterdam) I used to get around 25 fps. Now I have 30 

1 hour ago, Maikel van der Heijden said:

Hi Marinus,

First thing I did before starting up the sim. How are youre ditches looking arround runway 36L? I've noticed this topic on the ORBX forum, maybe I can try some more: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/153456-eu-netherlands-trueearth-and-flytampa-eham/

Maikel van der Heijden

I have no issues there......

52 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Any reports about performance on EHAM (FlyTampa) approach with PMDG birds?

No significant decrease in performance for me flying the 737NGX 

Marinus.

Anyone tried a flight form the Netherlands to the South of France with FranceVFR installed or Autria with Austria HD installed ?

This is because of the Autogen folder inside the main P3Dv4 folder . Regarding the black buildings or not appearing buildings

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

22 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Anyone tried a flight form the Netherlands to the South of France with FranceVFR installed or Autria with Austria HD installed ?

This is because of the Autogen folder inside the main P3Dv4 folder . Regarding the black buildings or not appearing buildings

autogen configuration merger (ACM)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

19 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

autogen configuration merger (ACM)

Of coarse , totally forgotten . Thanks Kevin.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

People waiting for the GTX1180 might buy a cheap second card ala GTX970 if they are limiting the FPS by for instance setting the refreshrate of your 4K TV/Monitor to 30 or 25 hz,

I am on this so,  and i can achieve pretty nasty things in 4K@25HZ with alot of shadows down the road.

Dynamic lighting is still a no go btw. (in all combination respects)

But SLI can make visual improvements for sure

(The downside is still the 4GB VRAM all though i cant get this right in SLI, People with 11GB must have a blast ?) But i find videos out there simular to my SLI ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

PS!

Download speed in Denmark is about 2-3H

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

5 hours ago, Maikel van der Heijden said:

Issue is a big word but the trenches look rather deep...

Maikel van der Heijden

Orbx has pinned a topic to the top of their FTX forum just for customer feedback on things they see that don't seem right and other items that need attention, this is to give the developers one place to look for sqawks and not a place for discussion.  I think it's a good idea and if used properly will be of value to all users.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Orbx has pinned a topic to the top of their FTX forum just for customer feedback on things they see that don't seem right and other items that need attention, this is to give the developers one place to look for sqawks and not a place for discussion.  I think it's a good idea and if used properly will be of value to all users.

Done: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/153573-netherlands-trueearth-ft-eham/?tab=comments#comment-1352046

Kind regards,

Maikel van der Heijden

Okay, so I finally had the time to give TrueEarth another try. This time I did NOT fly low and use slew to compare what I saw to real world pictures but I simply flew. That was wise decision number one.

Wise decision number two was that I also lowered a LOT of settings: both autogen density settings to Dense (which is quite low for me), autogen distance to High (but leaving Scenery complexity at Extremely Dense), water detail off and all reflections too, apart from clouds, all shadows off apart from in the cockpit, trees + buildings on receive only and clouds on, AA at 2xSSAA (instead of 4x) and well, this time performance was a lot better! I flew from Hilversum to Eelde and performance was above 30 almost all the time, topping at 45 to 50.

And I have to say that things looked totally awesome despite my lower settings! And that at a cruising altitude of 3.500 feet (in the A2A Comanche). Things looked crisp almost all the time apart from some obvious texture loading here and there. I didn't even miss the extremely dense autogen: forests look great and cities too, even though they sometimes looked sparse: but at 3.500 altitude it also sometimes looked better because too much autogen isn't alwasy good, making things look too cluttered compared to the real world. 'Handmade' cities still looked extremely dense (thanks to scenery complexity) and with all shadows off etc. performance stayed good even there. I also flew over the city of Groningen (unfortunately the king had left already) and it looked great even without shadows (although it would have looked even better with them) and performance stayed good too, fps was near 40 there! (Advantage of CityScape scenery...?)

All in all I am very happy with it. You just have to lower some expectations AND some settings. 😉 I will enjoy TrueEarth Netherlands in P3D for quite some time the coming months! (Although I also am curious to see how it will perform in Aerofly FS 2!)

Oh, and btw in Groningen I actually could see a former home of mine...! 😎

Here is a picture of Groningen, looking pretty awesome, even with my lowered settings:

2018-4-27_19-42-15-813.jpg

Nice view of my hometown Jeroen!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Just finished a trip from Amsterdam to Eindhoven via Haag and Rotterdam on the west coast . Dawn time at present and using SLI GTX970´s the VRAM was pretty much around 3.5-4.1GB. 20-25fps was as expected with the A2A 250.

Very good scenery i have to say .

Looking forward to the reviews of that GTX1180 when it arrives

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

8 hours ago, J van E said:

Okay, so I finally had the time to give TrueEarth another try. This time I did NOT fly low and use slew to compare what I saw to real world pictures but I simply flew. That was wise decision number one.

Wise decision number two was that I also lowered a LOT of settings: both autogen density settings to Dense (which is quite low for me), autogen distance to High (but leaving Scenery complexity at Extremely Dense), water detail off and all reflections too, apart from clouds, all shadows off apart from in the cockpit, trees + buildings on receive only and clouds on, AA at 2xSSAA (instead of 4x) and well, this time performance was a lot better! I flew from Hilversum to Eelde and performance was above 30 almost all the time, topping at 45 to 50.

And I have to say that things looked totally awesome despite my lower settings! And that at a cruising altitude of 3.500 feet (in the A2A Comanche). Things looked crisp almost all the time apart from some obvious texture loading here and there. I didn't even miss the extremely dense autogen: forests look great and cities too, even though they sometimes looked sparse: but at 3.500 altitude it also sometimes looked better because too much autogen isn't alwasy good, making things look too cluttered compared to the real world. 'Handmade' cities still looked extremely dense (thanks to scenery complexity) and with all shadows off etc. performance stayed good even there. I also flew over the city of Groningen (unfortunately the king had left already) and it looked great even without shadows (although it would have looked even better with them) and performance stayed good too, fps was near 40 there! (Advantage of CityScape scenery...?)

All in all I am very happy with it. You just have to lower some expectations AND some settings. 😉 I will enjoy TrueEarth Netherlands in P3D for quite some time the coming months! (Although I also am curious to see how it will perform in Aerofly FS 2!)

Here is a picture of Groningen, looking pretty awesome, even with my lowered settings:

Hi Jeroen, how does your previous home look? Is it real? Better with a comparison pic. :)

LOL 👀

Just found the world famous Dutch national treasure, the permanently berthed passenger liner "SS Rotterdam" covered over with a squatting oil tanker in Rotterdam harbour. That is like having an aircraft carrier covering the Queen Mary in Long Beach.

https://ssrotterdam.com

Other than that, not sure what to think when weighing the pros and cons after over 24 hours download and all that expensive new SSD real estate.

After close to 500GB of P3D installed, I really am not sure I want a lot more photo real stockpiles like this for my own considerable Orbx collection. However, there are impressive amounts of everything, everywhere in the Netherlands. Maybe...

Orbx is on new ground here.  One thing for certain, there is lots and lots of stuff!.That is good, yes? maybe... It is what it is, whatever it is. I think I like it... 😎

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer

Edited by SpiritFlyer
Confused in my old age and staying up too late!

11 hours ago, J van E said:

Here I am having a love/hate relationship with TE NL.

I am used to having AG set to Dense, water High , Cloud Shadows on and Terrain/Objects Receive Shadows.

With those settings I can fly everywere.

Now I also have to “downgrade” my settings. Either no shadows and water off to fly with AG Dense or AG to Normal with shadows/water over rural terrain or even sparse over a city like Amsterdam. Those lower AG settings still show a lot of AG.

If I now make a flight with “downgraded” settings from Amsterdam to another country , that other country has almost no AG compared to TE NL .

I already suggested to make a less dense AG set to start with , but I presume that that won’t happen.

So I am testing with other NL AG packages and using the NL2000 3D objects instead of the TE NL objects.

I probably will end up with either the new to release NL2000 V5 or TU NL photo real scenery + NL2000 3D objects + a less dense NL AG package.

That is a pity as I like the TU NL houses and trees a lot as they are placed very accurate and look very realistic.

If only Orbx would consider a less dense AG set or a set with the current  AG for rural terrain and an option to choose less dense AG for large cities.

JustMy2Cents

regards , Gerard

Edited by GSalden