Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

ORBX EU Netherlands TrueEarth released

On 4/29/2018 at 7:56 AM, GSalden said:

Hi Dylan,

This is ASCA Full Dynamics .

Could you try flying over The Hague , coming flying over the sea, towards Delft - Rotterdam ?  That is the stutter part. At this moment I am trying the same , but now with MSE Netherlands as phot real underground.

Hi Gerard,

I did get wide fps fluctuations when I tried that leg, so you may be on to something (a bit further north and I'm hitting EHAM traffic...).

Other areas are quite stable, though I'm only running a single 43" 4K screen, with 8xMSAA + MFAA and settings dialed back just a tad from max - don't have your or Rob's monster systems 😉

Edited by DylanM

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'd be happy to show you XP11 running at 7-8 FPS (with less multi-core usage) with about 60% less AG in the same area with Ortho4XP and all XP11 setting maxed out with AI traffice and weather (same as I  have it in my P3D sample video)?  But I was hoping (foolishly) this thread wouldn't turn into a X vs Y debate and I'm certainly not going to jump to the conclusion XP11 has an issue with it's rendering techniques.

It is not my intention to turn this into a X vs Y debate, but rather to compare the solutions currently available in the market in order to make a purchase decision. I have multiple Orbx add-ons for P3D and I am definitely a potential costumer for this new TrueEarth series. Fact is that I also have an XP11 set-up with multiple TB of photo-real scenery and I have never, ever found myself in a situation where the simulator is running at less than 20 fps. 

Granted, I do not run XP11 at max settings, particularly because I fly exclusively in VR. But the same applies for P3D and nothing indicated that the other users that bought TrueEarth for P3D were running it at max details as well.

From what I`ve read, it seems clear that P3D struggles a bit more with PR scenery, reason why I pointed out that it may be up to LM to attenuate most issues discussed on this topic (esp. blurriness and low performance) and not Orbx.

In the end, you have reached pretty much the conclusion as I do:

You know I can't say what is "in the works" but yes PR is a weakness in P3D, hopefully that changes.  PR is a weakness in all the platforms, just more so in P3D.

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

The only time I get a serious struggle in the scenery seems to be with various levels of AI. turning that down quite a bit lets me maintain what many say is a quite acceptable 30fps, but then, I'm only running at 2k.

Still, I find flying over a populated ortho much more satisfying than over landclass, so I would be willing to put up with a few things for that pleasure.

Fortunately, as long as you balance things to the requirements of your particular system, I think this is a worthy candidate for purchase.

None of these test pictures below ever fell under 30fps

jEHQiw.jpg

NyzzJI.jpg

cm7YpS.jpg

7fDN7F.jpg

09umL9.jpg

x8gNgO.jpg

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

But that is a pretty light plane. How does it perform with the FSL A320?

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

5 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Aiiigghhhhh!!! 😿

I have no tubes compatible with V2. (they kind of bore me)

Know of any cheap/free ones?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Highly Study level sim airplanes was never intended in ORBX/Region lands.

Two sides of simming which should be treatet as two products.

Thanks

Michael Moe  

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

42 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks

Michael Moe  

You have a link for that?

ZORAN

2 minutes ago, zmak said:

You have a link for that?

Its in every manual i came across by ORBX Regions (at least between the lines)

They always work hard towards a Visually and VFR like style which is an oppossit simming approach vs Highly detailed resources airplanes.

Never the less , its hard to enjoy there work single handed in a 747 from PMDG or simular anyway

Michael Moe 

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Double post...

Edited by Guest

Double post...

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

if one can't compromise their simulator (fly with a blind eye), then one's road forward in this type of market is going to be difficult to accept.

Very true, so I found out yesterday. After some posts of Nick Cooper on the Orbx forum I decided to give TrueEarth another try, this time with quite lower settings and less addons but with all scenery sliders full right (terrain and scenery objects, mesh at 5). Turns out I can actually enjoy a smooth flight (yes, even at 26 fps, so I discovered...). What’s also nice, I can even use 8xSSAA now which makes a world of difference: no shimmers at ALL anymore!

So yes, I had to compromise quite a bit but I can now fully enjoy TrueEarth in all its glory! Very happy with that!

Read more about my findings here:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/153802-holy-cow-thank-you-nick/

11 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks

Michael Moe  

Well, I have always used complex airplanes in Orbx regions (In VR, which pushes even more pixels) without significant issues. That includes not only the PMDG birds, but also the FSL. Of course, you need a pretty high-end machine to do so, but saying that those products are not intended to be used together is something I have never heard of.

The same applies for XP11. I have no issues whatsoever using, for instance, the FFA320 over ZL15 or 16 photo-real scenery with auto-gen.

Being that said, I am still interested to know how the FSLA320 performs over TrueEarth Netherlands using moderate settings on a high-end machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

I have always used complex airplanes in Orbx regions (In VR, which pushes even more pixels) without significant issues.

64 bit simming has certainly made this possible. 

I will certainly be flying PMDG airliners over ORBx TrueEarth scenery regions when they become available (and I have upgraded to a new PC). That's because I like to fly them low down so that I can appreciate good quality scenery whilst flying good quality aircraft.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 4/30/2018 at 10:21 AM, Rob Ainscough said:

I have no problem finding what works to my FPS and making the necessary compromise and still be able to enjoy the experience ... it's not because I set the bar low, it's because I understand the limitations of hardware

Roger that... I'm excited that we are now finding reasons to complain about scenery being "too much" for our systems.  Sure beats the constant struggle to stay away from the edge of an OOM collapse of our world.  I swapped a new Micron 2TB SSD (cheap) for the 500 GB data drive I was using for all my scenery addons (and flight simulation downloads, and FSGU mesh) and created a symbolic link for Orbx to remove that 225GB to the larger data drive.  Took U-Verse 8 hours to download True Earth NL, then another hour to follow the Orbx compatibility instructions and to grab the missing FT elevation stub (belongs in <p3d>\scenery\world\scenery).  After all that was done I loaded P3D with the default BE-58 at EHAM and looked around.... wow. Pretty impressive.  I then took off due South at 3000 and enjoyed the scenery observing about 50-60 fps.  I am using the default terrain size exp setting but will play with the =10 setting to see out the 1080Ti SLI handles it..... I noticed totat GPU load was 30-ish with 3.7 GB VRAM indicated.

I take the hassles involved with getting FlyTampa and others to work with Orbx with a grain of salt.  It's really nice when someone like Taxi2Gate includes scenery options for Orbx compatibility.

Dan Downs KCRP