Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Carenado C90B Mod v1.0 Released

I am ready to release a modification to the Carenado C90B that incorporates both the original -21 engines and the Blackhawk STC for -135 engines.  Summary is below.

-   ITT measurement and display

-   Prop Deice and loadmeter

-   Surface Deice and pneumatic pressure gauge

-   Electrical system including generators and battery loads

-   Bus Sense Test

-   Gen Ties Test

-   Pneumatic pressure indication

-   Autopilot

-   EFIS

-   Performance (Power, airspeed, torque, fuel flow, ITT, N1)

-   Night lighting of instrument panel

-   Gauge changes to coincide with PT6A-135 engines

-   Annunciator panel corrections

-   Oxygen pressure indication

-   Inverter power indication

-   Fuel valve correction

-   Auto-ignition during start correction

-   Start logic (normal, hung start, hot start)

-   Engine fire logic and extinguishing logic

-   Idle control

-   Autofeather and autofeather test

-   “Cold and Dark” and “Ready for Taxi” system modified

-   FDE changes

-   Contact Point changes

-   Incorporation of external power

Those on the mailing list will get a link soon. 

Anyone else wanting to try the mod can send me a PM.  If you want to be included on the mailing list for updates and future mods, include an email address in the PM.

Regards,

Bill

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Bill! Downloaded your mod and will install it later when time allows for me to do so.

Raymie

Currently flying the C90 with the -135 installed from KBNA to KAND. Only one thing that may be worth looking at. The torque seems to be slow to respond in comparison to what I have seen flying C90As. Granted, I do not have time behind the -135 engines but just stock older King Airs so it is quite possible this is how the -135s act. Other than that very minor detail, no defects noted!

Thank you for your time you have put into this. It is easy to see that a lot of hard work went into it.

EDIT: On the way back from KAND to KBNA we had an EFIS failure which was corrected by recycling the EFIS Power selector. If these are failures you have modeled in, THANK YOU! Put me on my toes for a minute since I knew I was about to descend into IMC for the approach. 

2018-4-25_6-5-46-780.png

Edited by dscott3984

3 hours ago, dscott3984 said:

Currently flying the C90 with the -135 installed from KBNA to KAND. Only one thing that may be worth looking at. The torque seems to be slow to respond in comparison to what I have seen flying C90As. Granted, I do not have time behind the -135 engines but just stock older King Airs so it is quite possible this is how the -135s act. Other than that very minor detail, no defects noted!

Thank you for your time you have put into this. It is easy to see that a lot of hard work went into it.

EDIT: On the way back from KAND to KBNA we had an EFIS failure which was corrected by recycling the EFIS Power selector. If these are failures you have modeled in, THANK YOU! Put me on my toes for a minute since I knew I was about to descend into IMC for the approach. 

2018-4-25_6-5-46-780.png

The EFIS failure is not something I did.  I'll look to see what may have caused it.  The torque response is totally FSX/P3D.  It has always been screwed up and is one of the biggest bugaboos in the simulator. 

Edited by whamil77

1 hour ago, RobertBernardK said:

Bill this mods only works on the V2 of the C90B? not the older V1 version?

Redgars

RB

It should work with either one.  I tested it in P3Dv1 with the older version.

Hi Bill,

Just a HUGE thank you - for all you do - much appreciated - sir...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Bill,

Once again your knowledge and talent has provided us with a C-90B that brings flying this King Air near complete reality.

Thank you, Bill.

Russ Tucker

Hi Bill, great work on this! Thank you!
I've carefully followed every step on the instalation guide, but I'm not seeing the -21 on the selectable aricrafts in sim (P3D v4). The -135 shows up.
Have I missed something?

Mauricio Brentano

39 minutes ago, MauB said:

I'm not seeing the -21 on the selectable aricrafts in sim (P3D v4). The -135 shows up.

If this one is like some of Bill's other modes you might have to change the model to -21 in the aircraft.cfg file, pick a paint you like and make sure the model is -21? If not I'm sure Bill will be along shortly.

Cheers

Martin

Bill, your mods are changing my Carenado fleet to something super. Thank you!

8 hours ago, whamil77 said:

The EFIS failure is not something I did.  I'll look to see what may have caused it.  The torque response is totally FSX/P3D.  It has always been screwed up and is one of the biggest bugaboos in the simulator. 

Thank you for the response. I'm probably no the best for a before and after comparison as I purchased the Carenado model and did not fly more than an hour with it before I was frustrated and gave up. Having time flying the actual aircraft can be a curse when you open up the simulator and start noticing how much Carenado screwed up. But I do have to say that you have made a great mod here and I am actually able to enjoy flying the C90B now. 

Doing another flight now and will see if I can replicate the EFIS issue but as long as a simple power recycle fixes it, not much of a concern here IMHO.

5 hours ago, MauB said:

Hi Bill, great work on this! Thank you!
I've carefully followed every step on the instalation guide, but I'm not seeing the -21 on the selectable aricrafts in sim (P3D v4). The -135 shows up.
Have I missed something?

I gooned-up the aircraft.cfg file.  New one sent out minutes ago. 

• Like 2