Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Carenado C90B Mod v1.0 Released

Since you also have the C90GTX version, if you are not aware of it, I believe Bill also did a mod for it as well.

Yes Please!

Everything is working so far.  Except the Left and Right Generators don't seem to be functioning.  I am seeing annunciation lights for both L and R DC GEN and also the L and R GEN TIE OPEN.

Cycling the generator switches next to the battery switch doesn't seem to help.

Bill (Whamil77) has done a mod for the C90GTX model as well. If you are interested in receiving that one, then mouse click on his Avatar (Whamil77) and send Bill a "PM" requesting it. His mods really bring to life the reality of these aircraft and how they should be flown, as much as possible within the limitations of our flightsim environment. 

Bill noted within the installation instructions for the C90B mod.  ". . . I highly encourage you to go through the included checklists to manually start, takeoff, fly, land and shutdown the airplane until you become more familiar with it." You may need to go through the startup checklist again, step by step--maybe you're missing a step and that's why you are still seeing the noted annunciation lights. I must confess, I have not yet gone "Cold and Dark" so I cannot help you any further than this. Maybe someone else will respond and give you more info. to help you.

35 minutes ago, jato72 said:

Everything is working so far.  Except the Left and Right Generators don't seem to be functioning.  I am seeing annunciation lights for both L and R DC GEN and also the L and R GEN TIE OPEN.

Cycling the generator switches next to the battery switch doesn't seem to help.

Then you are using some version of FSX.  Did you substitute the files from the "FSX & P3Dv1 Substitution Files" folders in the download per the installation instructions (step 3)? 

Edited by whamil77

I have been attempting to use the Checklist.  However, I will admit I am not very familiar with the King Air models.  I don't have any real life experience with them.

Then you are using some version of FSX.  Did you substitute the files from the "FSX & P3Dv1 Substitution Files" folders in the download per the installation instructions (step 3)?

I thought I did.  I have been trying to make this model work off and on all day.

I recopied (step 3) and it worked!  

Thanks again!

On 4/29/2018 at 4:06 AM, jato72 said:

Okay I figured it out and boy do I feel stupid!

I did not know there were 2 versions of the C90.  I initially purchased the "C90GTX" model which does not work with this MOD.

After posting above and realizing there was also a C90B, I downloaded the correct version from Carenado.  

I installed the MOD and Everything seems to be working great!

I hope nobody else makes my same mistake!

Thanks for your help,

Jason

I read this one hour too late.....:(

Harry Woodrow

Is there a torque limiter available for this mod like the GTX mod? I have been putting a lot of hours on the C90 since using this mod but take-offs are far from realistic with the torque lag problems in P3D

Hello!

Is it still possible to get the mod? A complex improvement for the Carenado's C90 and B200 is a thing I have missed for a long time. I PM-ed Bill (whamil77), but for some reason he doesn't respond.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, ilya1502 said:

Hello!

Is it still possible to get the mod? A complex improvement for the Carenado's C90 and B200 is a thing I have missed for a long time. I PM-ed Bill (whamil77), but for some reason he doesn't respond.

PM sent.  I have a lot going on these days and I don't get to check-in here very often. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whamil77 said:

PM sent.  I have a lot going on these days and I don't get to check-in here very often. 

Bill, I apologise for being impatient. I thought that you didn't react because I am not so well known here on avsim and my post count is so low. Anyway, thank you for the response.