Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Carenado C90B Mod v1.0 Released

2 hours ago, whamil77 said:

I gooned-up the aircraft.cfg file.  New one sent out minutes ago. 

Great! Many thanks!

Mauricio Brentano

PM whamil77 and ask to be put on his email list.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I am starting to hear problems from FSX users.  Is anyone else having problems with the mod in FSX and, more importantly, is anyone having success with the mod in FSX?

Hi Bill,

the new aricraft.cfg is the same as the one in your v.1.0 mod. But there are some differents between the -021 and -135 aircraft.cfg which I dont understand:

41669925952_f1cb6bcf00_o.jpg

41669925932_09795f9aec_o.jpg

BTW: are ther any plans to replace the Carenado EFIS with the REX wx Radar?

6 hours ago, Carlo12 said:

Hi Bill,

the new aricraft.cfg is the same as the one in your v.1.0 mod. But there are some differents between the -021 and -135 aircraft.cfg which I dont understand:

The electrical entries in the aircraft.cfg seem to have no meaning.  They don't effect anything electrical.  I did all the electrical programming in a separate update file in the panel folders.  The differences you see here are inconsequential. 

For whatever reason, the Vmo limit for a Raisbeck modified C90 is lowered from 226KCAS to 208KCAS.  I don't know why.  In the C90GTX, which is essentially a Beechcraft factory Raisbeck modified C90B, the limit is restored to 226KCAS.  I can't find any documentation as to why.  Turns out it doesn't really make any difference.  The Mmo limit is the same for both and it is the actual limit at speed and altitude.  The cruise and stall speed entries have no meaning unless the airplane is being used as AI. 

6 hours ago, Carlo12 said:

Hi Bill,

I think the REX radar entry is already in the panel files.  I am at work right now and don't have access.  it should be a matter of removing and replacing "comment out" marks in the panel.cfg.

I will take a look when I get home tonight, but it should be rather trivial to put the REX radar on the EX500 display. 

3 hours ago, whamil77 said:

I think the REX radar entry is already in the panel files.  I am at work right now and don't have access.  it should be a matter of removing and replacing "comment out" marks in the panel.cfg.

I will take a look when I get home tonight, but it should be rather trivial to put the REX radar on the EX500 display. 

no need to hurry, the REX Radar ist not yet compatible with P3d 4.2, it is still crashing the sim.

13 hours ago, whamil77 said:

I am starting to hear problems from FSX users.  Is anyone else having problems with the mod in FSX and, more importantly, is anyone having success with the mod in FSX?

Hi Bill,

I have FSX SE and have tested only the model with -135 engines so far and everythig seems to work fine. The only detail that I have noticed is that when you use the external power option in the start menu, you need to also turn on the external power swithch in the lower panel, and although you see voltage in the overhead meter, there is not enough current intensity to charge the batteries, so they continue discharging.

This is mod is a great job that made this plane a very realistic and fun to fly bird. BTW, very easy to blow the engines if you don't have care with the throttles 😅😉

Best Regards,

Roberto

5 hours ago, Ralvarez232 said:

Hi Bill,

I have FSX SE and have tested only the model with -135 engines so far and everythig seems to work fine. The only detail that I have noticed is that when you use the external power option in the start menu, you need to also turn on the external power swithch in the lower panel, and although you see voltage in the overhead meter, there is not enough current intensity to charge the batteries, so they continue discharging.

This is mod is a great job that made this plane a very realistic and fun to fly bird. BTW, very easy to blow the engines if you don't have care with the throttles 😅😉

Best Regards,

Roberto

Roberto,

That's actually the way it's designed.  You first plug the external power into the airplane, which will illuminate the EXT PWR annunciator.  Then, check the voltage on the voltmeter to ensure the external power meets aircraft requirements.  If it does, then turn on the External Power Switch to accept the power into the airplane for start. 

Regards,

Bill

Bill, just download and installed in P3D 2.4 and everything works great, thanks for another great mod!

Cheers

Martin

Hello!

I purchased the Carenado C90B for FSX_SE today so I could enjoy this mod (Thank you for creating it!)

I followed the install instructions (Twice).  Each time, when I load the Mod Aircraft, the panel is transparent and the outside textures are black.  The default Carenado C90 works great.  I am just having trouble with the Mod Aircraft (-21 and -135).

Can someone point me to a fix?

Thanks!

I am using P3D 3.4xx and Whamil77's mod is working fine for me. From the description you have given--you may want to check two items to make sure they're done properly. 

On the install instructions--Step #4. Make sure you copied and pasted the correct MDL file into the new King Air C90B aircraft model folder. If you did not, it may cause the problem you are describing.

Also, from the install instructions--Step #5--make sure you copy and paste all of the contents from the texture common folder in the original C90B into the modified King Air texture common folder. Be sure to follow Bill's instructions to a tee--regarding overwrite warning.

I cannot think of any other possible fixes for the problems you described. Maybe someone else or Bill himself will read your post and help you further. I know you have followed the install instructions twice--however sometimes you may still have missed one key part. That has happened to me in the past.

Hope you get this resolved as Bill's mod for this King Air really makes the aircraft enjoyable to fly and experience.

Okay I figured it out and boy do I feel stupid!

I did not know there were 2 versions of the C90.  I initially purchased the "C90GTX" model which does not work with this MOD.

After posting above and realizing there was also a C90B, I downloaded the correct version from Carenado.  

I installed the MOD and Everything seems to be working great!

I hope nobody else makes my same mistake!

Thanks for your help,

Jason

You're welcome and glad you have it resolved. Since you also have the C90GTX version, if you are not aware of it, I believe Bill also did a mod for it as well.