Sign in to follow this  
supersym

ISSUE VFR at LFOU

Hi I get only few possibilities by ATC at LFOU :

Request : open fly plan

Info : frequency

And not the other items I get in other airorts (LFJR...) like get taxi, departure on runways...

WHat Can I do ?

Edited by supersym

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Sounds like LFOU is an uncontrolled airport.  You need to follow the procedures for airports without towers.

In P2A, you can call for clearance to the nearest Center frequency.  If you get clearance for a VFR flight plan, you will be given radar advisories also.

Ground operations are without any ATC assistance.  You contact Center after airborne and things should proceed as usual after that.

Dave

Half time in auto info, half time with tower in real live.

In P3D, it's unicom, but can I say in auto-info that I'm report on downwind, base, final etc, ...when doing circuit ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

Info frequencies are currently treated as Flight Info Service frequencies in PIlot2ATC and do not function as UNICOM or CTAF frequencies.  In any case, these calls, without a tower, would have no response as you are just alerting other pilots of your intentions.

Are you saying that Info frequencies in Europe are "part time" tower frequencies?  If so, I can update P2A to reflect this.  Do you have a web site or other documentation that would document the use of Info frequencies?

Thanks,

Dave

Yes

For instance at Cholet LFOU an agent AFIS is present from 7 am to 11 am and from 12 30 pm to 18 pm in winter.

You can get thoses info in SIA carte vac France. 

I will insert the link this afternoon.

But anyway how can I get from speech assistant the sentences to say if I am in auto info ?

here is the link :

https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dvd/eAIP_26_APR_2018/Atlas-VAC/FR/VACProduitPartieframeset.htm

you can LFOU enter in OACI code. Y'll get the VAC file of Cholet's airfiled

You could add an option to switch betwinn autoinfo or tower like the users want to do in his airfield...

But I've still a few quastions :

1/ I putted Cholet approach frequency : 119.4. 

but I can't have in the grammar help any sentences wicth could me annonce that I go to taxy to runway... 

2/ I'have'nt any sentence to say that I want to start up

3/ In the real live :

autoinfo I say LFOU form "callsign", taxi to alppha point to runway 03 to circuit

with agent AFIS in tower :  LFOU form "Callsign" hello, TOWER : Callsign with you , me : "Callsign" pa 28 at park parameters for cicuit 

how could I have the most close to that with pilot2atc ?

Jean,

What you want is not currently supported for airports without a tower because the Info frequencies are treated as FIS/FSS stations that can only give information, open VFR flight plans and take VFR position reports.  Looking at the Eurocontrol documentation for AFIS stations, it seems they perform many functions that Towers perform, but stop short of actually controlling traffic.

I will give them full UNICOM functionality for now so that you can get more of the interaction you are looking for.  As the P2A grows, I will have to create a unique set of capabilities for this type controller.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Thanks a lot for that !

It would be amazing !

I'm sure I'm not the only one to appreciate...

Hi ! Its much better now. Thanks a lot 

Is it possible to get a way to ask to taxi ?

Ok thanks for all

Hi !

Taxiing is now ok.

But, I ca,'t get all the optioins for departure. For instance : request \ departure is empty and there is no way to ask to come in the runway and to say that I take off. May be I'm doing something wrong...

When departing an uncontrolled airport, you do not get takeoff permission.

If flying IFR, you request IFR Release, to get sequenced into IFR traffic and then contact ATC after takeoff.

Runway control is a function of the Tower.  If you don't have a Tower, you don't get takeoff or landing permission.

Dave

I know that, but I give you below an instance of an exchange with an agent AFIS when he is present at Cholet :

me : CHolet from FGVXR hello

"Tower" : Hello FGVXR

me : advisory for circuit please

Tower : runway 03, wind 5 knots, 260 ° call when you are at holding  point runway 03

me : rodgers

when I am at  holding point 03 :

me : at hoding point runway 03

tower : no traffic call when ready to take off

me : runway 03 line up 

when I'm ready to take off :

me : ready to take of... Take off 

so,  it's remain in VFR, agent afis give me advisory even he don't give me any permission...

WHen AGent Afis isn't present, all the radio are in autoinformation.

Thanks for the example.  At this time, full AFIS interaction is not supported.  That is on the list for possible future enhancements.

Dave