Sign in to follow this  
Wailbal

Assigning a key for mute

First of all, I would like to say that I don't fly without the guy you put on the seat besides me. Really enjoy the product  ...

The situation:

This is extremely helpful since I fly on VR in the Zibo 737, using the WMR Samsung Odyssey controllers and a rudder only, so my interaction with keyboard or anything else is not there.

I use the IVAO multiplayer or Pilot2ATC to talk to ATC be assigning the spacebar on the to "Push to talk", and I configure it on the WMR controller side trigger by using "OpenVR-InputEmulator" for SteamVR ... working like charm.

The problem:

The FO still listen when talking to ATC "even that he sometimes catches some words and do it, for example he gets the squawk code while replay the clearance and actually change it", but I prefer to mute him while I talk to ATC, in MCE settings the NumLock can be assigned to mute, but it seems it is a toggle switch.

The question:

Can I assign another button in MCE for muting as maybe "push to mute", like spacebar to be "push to talk" for IVAO, Vatsim & P2ATC and same time "push to mute" for MCE with one press on the WMR controller ... this would be very immersive.

Thanks 

22 hours ago, Wailbal said:

First of all, I would like to say that I don't fly without the guy you put on the seat besides me. Really enjoy the product  ...

The situation:

This is extremely helpful since I fly on VR in the Zibo 737, using the WMR Samsung Odyssey controllers and a rudder only, so my interaction with keyboard or anything else is not there.

I use the IVAO multiplayer or Pilot2ATC to talk to ATC be assigning the spacebar on the to "Push to talk", and I configure it on the WMR controller side trigger by using "OpenVR-InputEmulator" for SteamVR ... working like charm.

The problem:

The FO still listen when talking to ATC "even that he sometimes catches some words and do it, for example he gets the squawk code while replay the clearance and actually change it", but I prefer to mute him while I talk to ATC, in MCE settings the NumLock can be assigned to mute, but it seems it is a toggle switch.

The question:

Can I assign another button in MCE for muting as maybe "push to mute", like spacebar to be "push to talk" for IVAO, Vatsim & P2ATC and same time "push to mute" for MCE with one press on the WMR controller ... this would be very immersive.

Thanks 

MCE constantly listens to the <END> keyboard key, which when seen "down" will suspend all MCE speech reco until you release it.

That key is hard coded.

It's possible to add an additional key MCE will listen to as follows...

Go to \XPlane\Resources\Plugins\ folder and open "xpInsider.cfg" using Notepad.

Change "VatsimKey=0" to "VatSimKey=32" (value 32 is for space bar)

If you can't see "VatsimKey", it could be listed as "VatsimPTT"

Restart X-Plane and MCE and it shoul work the same way as END key.

Let us know otherwise.

Edited by FS++
Typo in my reply

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Go to \XPlane\Resources\Plugins\ folder and open "xpInsider.cfg" using Notepad.

Change "VatsimKey=0" to "VatSimKey=32" (value 32 is for space bar)

If you can't see "VatsimKey", it could be listed as "VatsimPTT"

Restart X-Plane and MCE and it shoul work the same way as END key.

Let us know otherwise.

Is there a similar cfg file for Prepar3Dv4?!

END key is not the most convenient one to use.

Thanks,

50 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Is there a similar cfg file for Prepar3Dv4?!

END key is not the most convenient one to use.

Thanks,

Yes it does apply to P3D & FSX.

Change value in "fsInsider.ini" and restart the sim.

fsInsider.dll will then monitor both <END> as well as <Space bar> and notify MCE when they are held down or released.

• Like 1

On 26 April 2018 at 8:12 PM, FS++ said:

Yes it does apply to P3D & FSX.

Change value in "fsInsider.ini" and restart the sim.

fsInsider.dll will then monitor both <END> as well as <Space bar> and notify MCE when they are held down or released.

Can this be done on a joystick button directly? Or do we need to use some other program for joystick button to key translation?.

Thanks

6 hours ago, ozflyer said:

Can this be done on a joystick button directly? Or do we need to use some other program for joystick button to key translation?.

Thanks

MCE does monitor the joystick directly.

Proceed as follows...

Go to ATC tab and assign a joystick button as if going to use it to talk to Native X-Plane ATC.

Then go to "General" tab in UI and click <More options> button.

In "Advanced Options" panel, click <View config>

The "xpmce.ini" config file will open in Notepad. 

Scroll down to the [GAMEPAD] section and you should see the joystick name as well as the assigned button.

Change "UseWithVoxATC=0" to "UseWithVoxATC=1" and save the file.

Go back to "General" tab in UI and disable the "Talk to ATC feature".

Restart MCE and from then on, when it sees the designated button doiwn, it will assume you're talking to some other ATC system and will suspend all MCE speech reco until you release it.

16 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Proceed as follows...

Go to ATC tab and assign a joystick button as if going to use it to talk to Native X-Plane ATC.

Scroll down to the [GAMEPAD] section and you should see the joystick name as well as the assigned button.

Restart MCE and from then on, when it sees the designated button doiwn, it will assume you're talking to some other ATC system and will suspend all MCE speech reco until you release it.

Sorry Gerald, I should have stated, I used P3D v4 and not XPLANE.

is the process the same for P3D ?.

1 minute ago, ozflyer said:

It is.

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

It is.

So , I can use the same joystick button that I have configured for my Vatsim PTT, in MCE and it will suspend voice recognition when I push PTT to talk to Vatsim controllers ?.

just wanted to make sure there will be no conflict Vatsim and MCE monitoring the same button.

50 minutes ago, ozflyer said:

So , I can use the same joystick button that I have configured for my Vatsim PTT, in MCE and it will suspend voice recognition when I push PTT to talk to Vatsim controllers ?.

just wanted to make sure there will be no conflict Vatsim and MCE monitoring the same button.

Exactly what it was intended for.

It could be Vatsim, Teamspeak, VoxAtc, Pilot2Atc or any other ATC system (except RC4 and PF3 whichj are directly supported in MCE).

Button down, MCE suspends all reco. Button up resumes reco.

10 hours ago, FS++ said:

Exactly what it was intended for.

It could be Vatsim, Teamspeak, VoxAtc, Pilot2Atc or any other ATC system (except RC4 and PF3 whichj are directly supported in MCE).

Button down, MCE suspends all reco. Button up resumes reco.

Perfect, will give it a go and report back soon.

Thanks for the quick reply too.

On 1 May 2018 at 7:33 PM, FS++ said:

Proceed as follows...

Restart MCE and from then on, when it sees the designated button udoiwn, it will assume you're talking to some other ATC system and will suspend all MCE speech reco until you release it.

On 2 May 2018 at 7:05 PM, ozflyer said:

Perfect, will give it a go and report back soon.

Thanks for the quick reply too.

Gerald, apologies for the delay, works as advised.

Thanks

On 5/1/2018 at 12:33 PM, FS++ said:

Proceed as follows...

Working perfect with me

Thanks 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, FS++ said:

Proceed as follows...

gerald

you might recall our recent discussion on "numlock vs scrollloack" mute options & wherein I mentioned lack of success with joystick direct.

firstly my "specs" ...... W764, P3DV4.4, PMDG, VOXATC & MCE.

having assigned the PTT to Logitech Pro3D button 0, I follow your notes, noting that the button shown in mce.ini is button 1 (not zero).

The end result is I can communicate with VOXATC but it is still heard by MCE.

It surprises me that above others report success but then there is little detail noted about which versions were involved & it was early days for P3D4.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

for now, cheers

john martin