Sign in to follow this  
simon747

GTN 750

It is my favorite carenado plane so far...anyone now hot to get the gtn 750 in the VC and not a pop up?

Cheers,

Simon

Simon

Cheers; that worked!  Will try and get a video up at some stage as quick as I can.  :)

Simon

How is it that Carenado says that the GTN-750 from F1 can have its data updated with Navigraph? F1's GTN & GNS rely on Garmins database (they are both based on Garmin's trainer software) and have never been upgradeable thru Navigraph. Only when Garmin updates their software in the trainer have people been able to update their flight sim software. Same applied to Reality XP's GNS.

I believe it's the default Universal FMS that uses the Navigraph data - not the GTN 750

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Hi All

I run the GTN 750 application but 750 does not load into panel 

Anything I could try?

Configuring using Flight 1 Config doesn’t work either 

Bad install?

xxd09

xxd09:

Have you used the carenado gtn installer?

And: Shift + 3  brings up a menu where you can enable/disable the GTN too.

Alexander

Alexander

Thanks Bruno

used the Carenado GTN installer inside the SF340 folder

There are 2 -ordinary/lite 

xxd09

Alright, I don't know what is happening but my F1 GTN 750 works fine in the Fokker 50. I bought the Carenado S340, installed the GTN750.exe which comes with the plane. Installed it, getting into the plane and I can see it is there but it doesn't work. Yes, all my systems in the plane are on but the GTN750 gives me still black display all the time. What can I do guys? 

You have to purchase the GTN750.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Me too and I have it working in 6 or 7 planes successfully including A2A C172,Comanche and Cherokee-Alabeo Mooney Ovation,RealAir Legacy and Duke,Milviz C310 Redux and Beaver and Ants Seasky

xxd09

On 4/26/2018 at 10:49 AM, softreset said:

Like Thanos, Jim Young demands my silence on the matter.

Translation - I had posted how to do it and it was flagged as pirated and removed from AVSIM. Thus I'm unable to share how it was done. Sorry.

That's correct except it was another AVSIM moderator, not me, who gave you just a verbal warning for providing links to pirated software.  Based on the AVSIM Terms of Service, you should have been banned permanently.  Garmin databases are over a $1000 each (even the old and outdated ones).  I received the information about the pirated databases from Flight One and notified our moderators to not allow publication or downloading of the databases (at least not here on AVSIM). 

I have removed your other post here where you indicated you had updated the nav database after another member explained you could not do it and even provided an image of your deed to try to impress others.  You have a complete disregard for other members in our community when you do this as Garmin could easily shutdown the simulator when some violate their copyrights and their intellectual property by distributing pirated material (it's pirated because there is no way you paid over $1000 for it and then distributed it to others). 

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

41 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Garmin databases are over a $1000 each (even the old and outdated ones). 

Where do you keep coming up with the $1000 price point? I walked through a real world GTN update last week and it set us back $310.00

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/maps/avdb/gtn-worldwide-navdata-database/prod91245.html

Even the annual subscription is less than $1000.

Do you know for certain I didn't pay for a legitimate copy? How do you know for certain?

Here is a link to the Garmin database pricing - https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/support/pricing .  I got my info from Flight 1.  Apologize for not investigating but the price lists do show they are over $1300 for many.  If a developer comes to our site and tells us some members are violating copyrights by distributing databases worth over $1000, there isn't much else I can do but make sure our moderators know about this and they take action if they see a violation.  AVSIM can certainly get into trouble if we allow members to distribute copyrighted material, including the NAV databases.

Submit News to AVSIM