Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

Captains,

On Saturday afternoon, 09JUN18, PMDG will be presenting at FlightSim Expo 2018. 

We are a bit more than seven weeks out, but I wanted to make a specific mention of the show, and specifically of our presentation at the show, because it is going to be unlike anything PMDG has ever done before, and we think it will be unlike anything you have ever seen at an event related to simming.

At previous events, I have stuck to the script of giving a review of where we are and where we are headed along with a bit of Question & Answer tacked on the end.  Sure, we will do all of that, but it will take up only a minimal amount of time in the larger scale of our presentation.  Instead, for this presentation at the FlightSim Expo’18 event, we will be focused primarily on unveiling a new product line that is so closely held, nobody outside of PMDG has seen it, heard of it, or even been made aware that it exists.  This product has been percolating in the background at PMDG since mid 2008, and we have finally reached a point where we feel the product is ready to carry our vision of PMDG’s products into the future.

In addition to this unveiling, we will have a few other surprises for those attending, so if you are even remotely on the fence about FlightSim Expo’18, I promise that the time you spend in the room with us will be well worth the time and effort to reach Las Vegas!

A few folks have asked if the DC-3 will be coming to FlightSim Expo’18, and I regret to say it will not.  That would be about 10hrs of flying each direction, which is not small feat in a 75 year old airplane crossing the midsection of the United States in June…  I’d be afraid we would get stuck someplace and I’d have to make my presentation via FaceTime, which would sort of take the fun right out of things!

So I hope you will make the journey to Las Vegas to join us.  After all, this will be one of the rare occasions when we can all see one another face-to-face.  We are hoping to bring some members of the PMDG team to the show, so you won’t only have to chat with me… 

(And don’t forget:  I will very much appreciate assistance in giving out a bit of ritual hazing to Froogle and Chewwy. :ph34r:)

I hope you will attend, and I’m looking forward to seeing you there!

Edited by rsrandazzo
  • Like 9

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Alex,

I'm sorta known for wearing a sport coat everyplace...  or hawaiian shirts...   depends on where you know me from. :cool:

• Like 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I would love to go, but unfortunately I will be deploying at the beginning of June. I do however look forward to reading about whatever it is on here as I am sure it will be well worth the wait. I will have a lot of catching up to do with simulator stuff when I get back in 2019 it appears.

You certainly know how to build an air of expectation Robert !    Would love to be able to cross the pond and be there in person, but will have to remain intrigued until we get reports of the presentation.  I'd wish you luck, but suspect you won't need it  :cool:  

• Like 1

An idea of 10 years, I can not have an idea, but a lot of curiosity .

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Looking forward to attending. Never been to one of these in 30 yrs of simming, so should be interesting..with Hawaiian shirt and shorts. :)

Unfortunately, I still have to work, so won't be able to make it. Wouldn't be able to afford it anyhow, given that I just spent thousands of dollars on new computer equipment in order to better run my flight simulator.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I will be there :cool:

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

No chance I can get there...was hoping this thread was gonna give some hints...well, anyway, bring on the 748...take my money!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

For those of us who cannot make it, will the announcement you guys plan on making also make an official appearance on this forum afterwards?

1 minute ago, HighFlier said:

For those of us who cannot make it, will the announcement you guys plan on making also make an official appearance on this forum afterwards?

Yep. Here and Facebook. I'm sure the various sim news and YouTube personalities will have something on it, too.

Kyle Rodgers

A bit too far for me - MEL to LAS is a bit far. But I'm happy to receive a private PM - I promise I won't tell anyone. :biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 1

David Porrett

A live-stream would be amazing. 

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Looking forward to the B748 and NG3, and not something that's been in the works a decade?  Can't wait to see what it is!  Best wishes!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)