Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

June 10th is my birthday ....  I hope The good news will be my best Gifts.

Whatever it is, I trust RSR and his team as the Best team ever.

Best Regards.

-S.

"it is going to be unlike anything PMDG has ever done before, and we think it will be unlike anything you have ever seen at an event related to simming"

”Captains...PMDG is proud to give you *drum roll*     

P-Plane!”😱

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

10 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

It will be 1AM my time if they start on time. Just tell her is an important announcement that can't be missed LOL

Now if it is your wedding good luck if you try that excuse. 

Harry Woodrow

It’s going to be a new sim, using the DCS World platform in some form or another.

-Iain Watson-

Well, I am more than ready for the P3dV4.2 MD-11. lolol

• Like 6

Dave Taylor gb.png

I just made a new topic about this but lets think about it. He told us about somthing that ran since 2008, wasn't there anything with an a350 in 2008 with pmdg? I think i hear something about an interest in creating one. Maybe we will finally get him. I would really appreciate that.

20 minutes ago, Benutzernamen said:

He told us about somthing that ran since 2008, wasn't there anything with an a350 in 2008 with pmdg?

I was thinking the JS4100 for P3D V4 as the original was released around 2008/2009 I think? 

What would be a very interesting idea is a having a Trainer CO, you have to work as FO and every step of aircraft operations from C&D to shutdown is interactive training where checklists are gone thru with highlight rings around each every action (switch, knob, dial, etc.) and every action verbally explained (great feature DTG's FSW was able to perform). 

During flight everything is monitored and adjusted per checklist and/or as needed.  Activate CO training sequence via menu option for aircraft or via FMC.  Sorta like FS2Crew but native and built into the product allowing for higher degree of interaction and learning rather than just a helping hand.

I think it would be a huge learning experience for many and be a great bridge to bring new users into the fold of complex aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Didn't he say he's have more for us later this week ?

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

If it is, in fact, a new simulator, I will be super excited because you guys do fantastic work.

But I will also cry a bit, because I JUST finished upgrading from FSX to P3D over the course of the last year and I will definitely not have the money to do it all again for a while yet 😭

• Upvote 1

I’m currently still on FSX. I plan on switching to P3D (and going through the process of buying everything again) once I go to college and upgrade my laptop. But if the announcement from PMDG is their own sim...looks like I’m going to wait to upgrade from FSX until the sim is released...if it’s a sim.

Guys , I don't think it's gonna be a new simulator ? PMDG is perfect at developing Aircraft's now. Why should RSR Put the company in Risk to invest a lot of money and effort to make a simulator? A simulator which if you think aside you will easily see that is not going be what RSR will show in June this year. easy to understand:

1. They know better than we do that a Simulator is a platform which should/Shouldn't accept other Aircraft/Scenery addon's which:
 in case a: if it's gonna accept other addon's , It needs to catch people's interest to buy loads of addon's again which is not likely to happen because looking from a business POV, It's not as simple as we see, because it's gonna take a long time to get other dev's to also start coding for this new platform ( will you do it as a dev? ) 

in case b: if it's not going to accept any other addon but only the PMDG one's, Ok then you are going to do what ? buy a simulator to run only the PMDG aircraft which you are already able to run in your FSX/P3D without paying?( lol )

2. What we usually do not see ( because we only think about our selves ) is that making a new sim requires millions of dollars and a lot of time ( like that ten years or so ) from scratch and after the Sim is out, Are all the PMDG owners out there ready to spend the money on it? is it gonna make even the dev-cost back ? remember not everybody out there has loads of Zero's in their bank account to easily buy and switch to another simulator.

3.Making a sim platform means preparing to make it usable in Online Networks such as VATSIM, so making a new client for it to connect to VATSIM, so Making loads of AI Planes just to show your friends and other people around ( Again ? ), Loads of sceneries because there are many PMDG users all over the Globe ( I'm flying mostly over IRAN ) and I don't like to see a flat default runway to present me an international airport while there are many of my country's airports already developed and available out there ( some even for free ), Making up a new weather engine which is a complete and professional weather generator or making the sim compatible with Active Sky or any other Weather Software ? Making loads of Texture files to present Mesh and Texture all over the Globe, Making the sim compatible and usable with many other Hardware sets .... etc etc ....

I don't like to act like a smart one, I really love to see a PMDG simulator which I know is gonna use my whole 4 CPU cores and run as smooth as butter, and I'm down to pay for it even if it's gonna be an only PMDG aircraft simulator, but not sure if it's gonna be what we think and see in this perspective.

anyway, a Product line is greater than what we think, a set of Airbus 350,330,380 ? I don't know, no one knows, but I'm crying out loud to wait for what RSR is hiding behind the scenes and I am sure we will all be happy with whatever it's gonna be either a Simulator or anything else, I'm proud to be a part of this community who waits along the rest of the people to see the Glory.

Cheers.

-S.

1 minute ago, jimmynes said:

Virtual First Officer?

For ten years ?? ... hmmmm :blink:

2 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

For ten years ?? ... hmmmm :blink:

It might take that long. We don't have one yet!

Jimmy Nestor

Another thing I would prefer it NOT to be is a product line of home cockpits designed for the PMDG planes. As amazing as that sounds, no space for it for me.

I really hope it is the 787 line. Even an airbus line (A350/A380) ill accept.

Or better yet a business jet! 

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090