Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

I used to own a dog.  It would sit in front of me when I was eating and look up at me with big, sad eyes.  As if it was begging.....

"Please, Master.  One...More...Bone......"

Some of us are embarrassing ourselves here.

😋😂😁

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

5 hours ago, whiskey151 said:

Aww c'mon Robert, I am sure someone is in the ballpark. It has to be a new line of aircraft or a new line of sim. Outside of those two, I think we may be headed outside of your line of expertise. Lol

And after all the weeks of waiting and excitement, the announcement ends up being the biggest let down and disappointment imaginable lol

1 hour ago, Tony747-400 said:

And after all the weeks of waiting and excitement, the announcement ends up being the biggest let down and disappointment imaginable lol

Now Robert is really laughing. 

• Like 1

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png

My brain's emotional department is excited, but the logical department is out of ideas.

Well this is interesting! With all of the guesses wrong so far, that really means this product is out of the box. We have to remember that PMDG is a for profit orginization, and at the end of the day they wouldn't develop anything this big without thinking about their bottom line. This product needs to be attractive to someone. This has to be something that we didn't know we wanted, have wanted for a long time but thought it was unattainable, or fills a gap in the market of the whole industry. 

The hints we got were: 

1) Nothing like this has ever been announced

2) It started development 10 years ago

3) It will carry them into the future

4) None of the previous guesses have been correct

Based on these, I have several guesses starting from (in my opinion) most likely to least likely. Some of these may have already been guessed as I didn't check every single one. 

1) Aircraft maintainance over multiplayer. i.e. My autothrottles didn't work last flight, I need a mechanic to fix it. You submit a support request and a mechanic (other player) fixes it or defers it. 

2) Subscription based -- something 

3) integrating a "day in the life" simulation -- going to the airport, walking down the jet bridge, doing the walk around, etc. Perhaps 'Avatar' mode was spawned in PMDG's imagination first; these first iterations of it were the 'beta' test bed. 

4) Anti-Piracy software for developers -- although they do enjoy 3D modeling...

But we will just have to wait and see!

EDIT: Swiched guess #4 to spot #1, and guess #1 to spot #4. 

Edited by godimaginedme
  • Like 1

They are starting their own real world airline and the best home simulator pilots will be recruited as Fisrt Officers😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tony747-400 said:

They are starting their own real world airline and the best home simulator pilots will be recruited as Fisrt Officers😁

That would probably carry PMDG into the future of bankruptcy. 

• Like 2

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

5 minutes ago, rcoultas said:

That would probably carry PMDG into the future of bankruptcy. 

Or they’ve got hold of an old 747-400 and you can pay RSR to give you a flying lesson!!!

• Upvote 1

How about some type of wife/girlfriend suppressor?

"Are you on that flightsim thingy again"?

ZAP!!!

Wife/Girlfriend gone!

Fits in with a product line too, as in stun gun, nag cancelling headphones, man fart inspired mace etc etc.

Am i on the right flightpath with this one?

Andy Braid

3 hours ago, godimaginedme said:

3) integrating a "day in the life" simulation -- going to the airport, walking down the jet bridge, doing the walk around, etc. Perhaps 'Avatar' mode was spawned in PMDG's imagination first; these first iterations of it were the 'beta' test bed. 

Oooh, hey if this isn't really the thing, somebody get on it!

Virtual Airport spaces.  v Lease/rent aprons/gates at virtual airports.  Want to park here.  Well ya can't cuz you ain't paid for the space or you can cuz you did.  Sorta.

Pmdg aircraft compatible with touch screens maybe? 

And eeeuh...Andy....losing your partner is not gonna help.

Trust me i know.

Marcel van der biezen

13 hours ago, vhufo said:

nag cancelling headphones

LOL! 😁

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

To PMDG, are there any prizes for the nearest guess?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

18 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

To PMDG, are there any prizes for the nearest guess?

Honor, glory and the right to mock! 😉

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471