Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

Let's see...

It is a huge project (Mr. Randazzo refers to it as 'YUGE' in this 747-8 post)
It is future proof for years to come
It will be a product line

So,

The idea for this product must have been born around the time PMDG was experimenting with JS41 (icing effects) and NGX.
There was talk back then of some sort of 'sandbox' concept and there were only 2 sims (FS2004+FSX) of interest.

Therefore it cannot have anything to do with P3D avatar mode

Also, it cannot have anything to do with screeneffects or EFB(announced seperately).
It cannot be a hardware thing unless compatible with Virtual Reality (which is 'the future')
it cannot be a helicopter or a train or a ship (lack of demand)

Going back to this sandbox thingie...(you can tell i have no clue what i'm talking about here but don't let that spoil the fun).....perhaps they have found a way to use PMDG aircraft outside flightsimulator and use it in Google Earth. It's has to be a new product line because new licenses (with Google flightsim) are required.

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

38 minutes ago, Spidierox said:

I think it is PMDG's own EFB...debuting in the 747-8

it can't be anything that hey have already announced separately.

Besides, marketing wizard R. Randazzo has planted the seeds for speculation on somehting YUGE. EFB is too insignificant a thing.

We have to think BIG 🙂

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

24 minutes ago, avhpilot said:

Let's see...

It is a huge project (Mr. Randazzo refers to it as 'YUGE' in this 747-8 post)
It is future proof for years to come
It will be a product line

Perhaps ‘YUGE’ is a big clue, All I know being from there he UK is that New Yorkers say it instead of Huge, and President Trump used it a lot when making speeches in his election campaign lol

According to Lockheed Martin CEO interview and according to my guess the new PMDG product line will be ......... CHOPPERS.

I already guessed that one, so based on what Rob said above, not going to be this.😄

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

A very exciting time for all of us. I'm sure the conspiracy theorist in some will come up with a few theories regarding the announcement. 

I very much look forward to June, mainly for the good weather, but the 'BIG' announcement too :biggrin:

A guess is that PMDG will provide a comprehensive P3D-based API to support a combined FS2Crew voice-activated multi-crew operation with the Ultimate Ground Crew X integrated for all of their new aircraft models in the future.😄

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

2 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

A guess is that PMDG will provide a comprehensive P3D-based API to support a combined FS2Crew voice-activated multi-crew operation with the Ultimate Ground Crew X integrated for all of their new aircraft models in the future.😄

That would match all of the clues but 10 years to develop such a tech that would be pretty much an insane amount of time for such a limited API interface which f.i. FS2Crew develops in a year timeframe usually.

But UGCX has taken nearly as long on a P3D base that has also been changing significantly.😉

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

How about this...

A new PMDG Desktop Training Center ?

A completely standalone desktop application, similar in function to real world Level-D simulators. So, you can set up your own scenerios for you to train (SID, STAR, approaches, take-offs, landings, patterns, etc.) and immidiately get feedback from the program in the form of Robert or Kyle, kindly explaining to you why you crashed again and that next time you really should pull the landing gear lever a bit earlier in the process... Of course it includes complete training courses, which makes it a "line" - since you have to buy these seperately for each aircraft type. And to complete the line, a PMDG Level-D(esktop) Chair will be the cherry on the cake, with force feedback and movement in all directions. Of course - or not - only compatible with PMDG aircraft.

If not, then I still think it's a great idea!

:cool:

Edited by rheinis
  • Like 1

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

What about an Ipad implementation on every aircraft..like an ipad EFB not only in pmdg a/c

Just as I thought of it, are we all going astray and not looking at the obvious needs for our flight simulators? A new product line, maybe its hardware related such as a Yoke and throttle quadrant, yes there are already such things on the market but not at an affordable price. 10 years would seem about right for the research into getting it right. 

Edited by shamrockflyer
  • Like 1

'unlike anything PMDG has ever done before' - so it's not an aircraft

'we feel the product is ready to carry our vision of PMDG’s products into the future' - sounds overarching.  ONE product is ready to carry the vision of ALL products into the future.

My thought is that it has to do with how you operate any aircraft in the PMDG fleet.  I still cannot help thinking that whatever it is,  will include connected flight deck, but something bigger than that still.