Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

I didn't read through the whole thread, so sorry if this was talked about already...

My guess is that it's some kind of economic/airline simulation addon for use with your PMDG airliner. Say you take the best parts of FSEconomy, Air Hauler, FSCaptain, FSPassengers etc., add some nice features (maybe ACARS, weather, ATC...) and make it multiplayer.

Something in the likes of REX Simair, but not vaporware. 😀

Timm there are currently two companies building A380's, one of them looks very promising. Also my favorite malware provider seems to play with thoughts about developing an exclusively BTV equipped plane...

Edited by elButz

Regards,

Johannes Butz

CPU: Intel i5 7600k @4.6Ghz Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @3.2Ghz Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Sound: M-Audio Super DAC II fixed @16bit 44.1Khz

I know. Even the A350 is in a planning.
But with all the improvements in flight simulation over the years + the development of the Airbus A380 could have been taken since 2008 x)

May the A380 from PMDG be with us sometimes!!! ❤️

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

14 hours ago, elButz said:

Timm there are currently two companies building A380's, one of them looks very promising. Also my favorite malware provider seems to play with thoughts about developing an exclusively BTV equipped plane...

Two?  There were things a year or two ago about Matt Davies - what's the other?

10 hours ago, VHOJT said:

Two?  There were things a year or two ago about Matt Davies - what's the other? 

He is speaking about Matt David-A380 + FSLabs with the A350.

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

New PMDG line won't be based on planes imo but that's funny how A380, 787, A340 and A350 have been completely ignored even if they represent the nowdays spine of commercial jet aviation and they will keep on doing that for the upcoming 10-15 years.

IMO, Airbus hasn't been ignored as badly as Regional Jets.

I would really like a PMDG level Raytheon Hawker XP800 with an AutoThrottle. Yeah, I know. I have been spoiled by the Boeings :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

17 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

IMO, Airbus hasn't been ignored as badly as Regional Jets.

Agreed, I forgot about them. Mitsubishi is also surfacing in the regional jet market. China is surfacing, Embraer is always there since a while.

The sum is that so many long hauls birds and pretty much every regional jet is missing from the simulation field. I hope many of them will be produced soon, why not ??? 

On 5/6/2018 at 2:45 PM, mgeiss said:

I didn't read through the whole thread, so sorry if this was talked about already...

My guess is that it's some kind of economic/airline simulation addon for use with your PMDG airliner. Say you take the best parts of FSEconomy, Air Hauler, FSCaptain, FSPassengers etc., add some nice features (maybe ACARS, weather, ATC...) and make it multiplayer.

Something in the likes of REX Simair, but not vaporware. 😀

I absolutely think so too.

10 years of development cannot be specific to a simulator like a new airplane (line) would be. It must be something that runs next to the sim, independently and not really related to the actual flight model. So I suppose an economical simulation of your complete fleet, maybe even in cooperation with other very silent developers. And I will definitely not use any names today 😄 

What do we actually know about/from PMDG?

- Robert talked about the NG3 several times, also wrote "MAX" more than once. 

- He also wrote that he would go and continue work on the ACARS of the 747 shortly after it was released. The 747's ACARS system is - when you look at it - prepared to be integrated into something bigger. Thesy wouldn't have included it in its todays state if they didn't have something in preparation for a big release. Company reports are faked. Why not rather "prepared"?

- They are going to bring an EFB to P3D included into at least the 747-8. It will work in coop with at least Navigraph. In reality many 777 also do have an integrated EFB, many 737 carriers mounted iPads or other tablets into their airplanes. Have you seen this huge tablet in the LH Cargo MD-11? looks funny... 

-PMDG have pulled the J41 for the 747 although it seemed to be very flyable and enjoyable, regarding the many stories and screenshots that used to come from a beta tester and which have suddenly stopped. MAYBE because something bigger, like an economical simulation including EFB (and more), is close to completion and has to be implemented. 

And last but not least Robert is not only a business man but also a great lover of aviation (not many men (or companies) own a DC3) and obviously a fan of innovation. He knows what we love because he is just like one of us. PMDG stands for innovation and for perfectionism. And for challenge. Take a closer look at the 747. They simulated the kerosine density?! What the heck? First I thought they would have had too much time... But in the consense of a world surrounding company/economical simulation this makes perfect sense. Kyle provided data to simbrief for a detailed calculation, just because he's a nice man? (Sorry Kyle, I know you are not, I don't want to destroy your reputation of the PMDG a**hole 😛)

And as Robert announced the announcement of something that would be completely new and never seen before to the flight simulation world this is exactly what I would expect from PMDG after a 10 years of development.

Wouldn't it be nice if I was spot on? 😈

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Like 1

I’m still going to lean towards a certain business jet or e-jet production line. The announcement can’t get here fast enough to see who guessed correctly. 🙂

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Airbus...oh yaaaawwwnnn...you're just along for the ride.

spacer.png

On 5/4/2018 at 1:08 AM, rheinis said:

How about this...

A new PMDG Desktop Training Center ?

A completely standalone desktop application, similar in function to real world Level-D simulators. So, you can set up your own scenerios for you to train (SID, STAR, approaches, take-offs, landings, patterns, etc.) and immidiately get feedback from the program in the form of Robert or Kyle, kindly explaining to you why you crashed again and that next time you really should pull the landing gear lever a bit earlier in the process... Of course it includes complete training courses, which makes it a "line" - since you have to buy these seperately for each aircraft type. And to complete the line, a PMDG Level-D(esktop) Chair will be the cherry on the cake, with force feedback and movement in all directions. Of course - or not - only compatible with PMDG aircraft.

If not, then I still think it's a great idea!

:cool:

But you cannot forget to Sign your full name on every input.

Harry Woodrow