Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

1 hour ago, grandfred29 said:

maybe someone asked before, but what will be the utc time for the stream?

Not sure when they'd start the stream, but the announcement will begin at 1500 at LAS, so 2200Z.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I don’t know what’s going to be more exciting tomorrow, the PMDG announcement or everyone’s reaction to the announcement and all the different theories floating around. This should be good. 

Probably the latter. Gotta love some good flightsim conspiracies. 😛 

3 minutes ago, serviceceiling said:

Probably the latter. Gotta love some good flightsim conspiracies. 😛 

al12.jpg

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

A whole new line of products ... perhaps we’ll finally get a PMDG GA aircraft.   A study-level Cirrus SR22 is loooong overdue by one of our great vendors. 

32 minutes ago, Ijeffg said:

A whole new line of products ... perhaps we’ll finally get a PMDG GA aircraft.   A study-level Cirrus SR22 is loooong overdue by one of our great vendors. 

Welcome to the forum. Please note the at full names - first and last - are required here in the forum.

As far as an SR22 goes, I doubt you'd ever find one coming from us.

Personally, I don't have a single good word for the plane. Wait...nevermind, I have limited positive words: they're fast. That's...yep...that's about it.

Kyle Rodgers

for a change ;

hi kyle,

why don't you tell us whats behind the pigeonworks banner 😄

Kind regards,

jaffer hussain

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Welcome to the forum. Please note the at full names - first and last - are required here in the forum.

As far as an SR22 goes, I doubt you'd ever find one coming from us.

Personally, I don't have a single good word for the plane. Wait...nevermind, I have limited positive words: they're fast. That's...yep...that's about it.

Is this a hint to a fighter or a Concorde?

oh god please

James Muratore

I believe in a great release.
This prediction expected by all is fueled by many good fluids, because we like it.
The feeling of flying is not explained, you have to fly to understand.
We need this expectation in our daily lives.
Baptista

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

15 minutes ago, jamesman8 said:

oh god please

James Muratore

That must be some Concorde if it took 10 years to develop. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Disregard.  Can’t figure figure  what day it is. 

Edited by FishermanIvan

2 hours ago, jamesman8 said:

oh god please

James Muratore

Well, you know they make manuals for Boeing.  Could be the Boeing 2707.

1.  Hmmm.....ten years to develop something.  Why?  My guess is the HARDWARE technology it would run on may not have been "good enough" until recently to make the development feasible.

2.  PMDG does very accurate "study level" sim aircraft.  Includes copies of the "real" flight manuals for them.  Even though some of the simmers who buy the products won't read them.  But I digress.....  🙄

3.  PMDG aircraft would be VERY capable of being used in a full-fledged aircraft specific training program.  Not to receive a COMPLETE pilot type-certification of course, but with the right kind of hardware/simulator venue (maybe even the equivalent of a home cockpit setup), it's not unfeasible that PMDG might be able to get something like an FAA certification for their aircraft use in a certified training program.

I think it is something along the above lines.  Not "just" a new airplane.  It wouldn't take 10 years to do that.  It's gonna be something that is unique yet still coordinated with PMDG's current product line.  

I could easily envision a full-blown Training and Type Certification "addon product" for every PMDG aircraft already in their product line.  Start out attending the ground school for the particular aircraft.  You don't want to read the manuals that came with the aircraft you bought?  Then you won't pass the "knowledge based" testing requirements for the aircraft. Then it's "simulator time!" in the aircraft, to meet the hands-on "skills based" requirements with specific DETAILED check rides...not the "fluff" ones that just came with the flight simulator program.  The check rides have REALISTIC Pass/Fail requirements.  You don't pass, you don't move on.  

For the "I'm only a home computer flight sim pilot", the above would add a level of "realism" not yet in any current flight sim product.  And if it was good enough to get something like an FAA training certification approval, there is also a huge commercial application for PMDG to market it.  Best of both worlds for a new product that utilizes the already "study level" aircraft in the PMDG product line.

Or maybe not...…   😁 

Rick Ryan

5 hours ago, jafferhussain11 said:

for a change ;

hi kyle,

why don't you tell us whats behind the pigeonworks banner 😄

Kind regards,

jaffer hussain

I agree with this. Once it is announced, please post your unedited signature. Would be nice to know what we have been looking at the whole time 😄

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Wouldn't we all be upset if it was really a simulation of a flying pigeon?  Still....I'd expect it to be a "study level" pigeon, with accurate aerodynamics and a 200-page manual on how to fly it.  

Rick Ryan

just got a brain fart ... PMDG is going back to FS9 just to prove it is better than xplane ...