Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

30 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

I have one 744 at EGFF with toast brakes and couple of tires blown. Still haven't told Robert. I am waiting to see who is going to take it after me 🙂

GFO sounds great but the thing I don't like the sound of is that I will be forced to fly from the airport where the plane landed.

If I "check out" the plane can I then "warp" it to an airport of my choice?

I like to fly YSSY - RPLL in the 747-400.

It would be a real turn off if I could never (or rarely) fly routes that I like because there are never any 747-400s at YSSY or RPLL when I actually have time to boot up P3D and fly.

If I could warp an aircraft to the airport of my choice then I could always fly the routes I wanted.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

seems that those who belong to VAs are out of the loop for this, unless there is a way for a VA to utilize it to provide an aircraft for more than one pilot and do it over its entire fleet and crew base. 

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Feeling a little disappointed... Let me explain why...

PMDG are known for producing excellent quality study level planes. However their current lineup is becoming somewhat stagnated and far too 'Heavy'. Their recent major release have been the 777 incarnations, and the 747-400.

The 747-800 leaves me cold. As an expansion pack it may be of interest - but I have a suspicion that it will be a stand alone product at a stand alone price. As another long-haul option it is one step too far for me.

I am disappointed that there was no discussion of short-haul products. The NGX is at best becoming dated (although let's face it the product it's based on is no young puppy). I saw the Embrear predictions and thought that would be an excellent addition to the line-up. Failing that an updated NGX/Max would have made sense... (I'm hoping that something was mentinoed that I missed - but I've seen nothing to suggest that.

The Ops Centre idea is interesting. For me it is not an instant sell. I wonder how it is going to interact with other addons (GSX for instance), and I wonder how it is going to be priced. It has to me subscription pricing all over it... As a hobby where my time and resources are limited it would take a lot of convincing that this is the place for my cash.

I wish PMDG all the best on this...  I'll wait and see is I guess my final thoughts....

David Powell

• Upvote 2

Fairly sure the 747-800 is a stand alone product... It seems too different to the 747-400 to be just an expansion pack.

In any case, for me the 747-800 is an instant buy... and more than likely GFO will be an instant buy (or subscribe) too.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

18 minutes ago, davidjpowell said:

The 747-800 leaves me cold. As an expansion pack it may be of interest - but I have a suspicion that it will be a stand alone product at a stand alone price. As another long-haul option it is one step too far for me.

It's an expansion pack, not a stand alone product.

18 minutes ago, davidjpowell said:

Failing that an updated NGX/Max would have made sense... (I'm hoping that something was mentinoed that I missed - but I've seen nothing to suggest that.

They've mentioned the NG3 in the past, and RSR also gave it a slight mention in the presentation. I'll be pretty shocked if a new NG/Max isn't the next new aircraft release (Outside of something like a DC-3 or XP conversions).

• Like 2

Very disappointing news and totally not worth the one month hype.. It is just a slight extension of what you do in Virtual Airlines or FSEconomy.. Nothing ground breaking.. Secret for 10 years? Come on.. 

For the average simmer who doesn't even enable failures, let alone persistent failures etc, it doesn't add much value.. It's just basically more paper work before you start flying.. Great.. Thanks.. 

I was hoping it will be a product that can solve the bigger issues every average Joe simmer is facing like poor performance with dynamic lighting etc or some new aircraft or new platform etc.. 

I'm not saying this is a bad feature.. Ya its sorta nice to have for some people who have the bandwidth to do that.. If I had seen this news as a casual news item on fselite, I'll be like "oh I see, good to know" .. But one month of hype over this.. Thats what makes it so disappointing.. And it's not just me.. Read the responses in other forums and news sites.. 

• Upvote 2

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

2 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Ya its sorta nice to have for some people who have the bandwidth to do that

I don't think GFO would be using much bandwidth just for some ACARs messages (etc).

Matthew S

2 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Thats what makes it so disappointing.. And it's not just me.. Read the responses in other forums and news sites.. 

PMDG could release a new sim that costs $19.99, gets 200fps in every condition you can think of, has every single airplane ever made modeled down to the smallest detail, and perfect scenery that gets updates daily from 400 PMDG satellites, and people would still be disappointed.

• Like 4

I didn't mean internet bandwidth.. I meant time on their hands to do that.. Flight planning etc itself takes up a lot of time although it's enjoyable.. This new feature would also be nice to do, but just not worth the hype.. 

Edited by vin747
  • Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Most of the hype was not generated by PMDG, it was from all the people taking the original announcement and getting all frothy about what it might be.  No matter what PMDG did, there would be those who are disappointed, some noisily, when they didn't get what they wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

10 years in the making.. Will carry all our products into the future.. Has never been unveiled in a flight sim event.. You don't think that's hype? 

• Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

I was a bit underwhelmed also... but I'm sure it will be great!

• Like 1

Matthew S