Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

4 minutes ago, redsonssi said:

pmdg748 Is the release soon?

I believe RSR said beta starts Monday, so soonish.

RSR said in the live stream that it's going to enter beta testing next week.

So I guess that means another month at least until release?

Matthew S

I can understand if the GFO isn’t for everyone, but PMDG aircraft also aren’t for everyone. The flight sim community has a whole variety of people in it and with that comes people who flight sim at different (for lack of a better word) intensities, which is absolutely fine. For me, GFO was worth the past month’s hype and then some. So I wouldn’t be quick to say that the announcement wasn’t worth the hype or was disappointing, it just isn’t for everyone. Also, keep in mind PMDG’s vision and target audience.

And for people comparing it to FS Economy, I watched the live stream and it definitely is much much more. I’ll leave RSR to elaborate on that in his official forum announcement.

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

GFO sounds great but the thing I don't like the sound of is that I will be forced to fly from the airport where the plane landed.

If I "check out" the plane can I then "warp" it to an airport of my choice?

I like to fly YSSY - RPLL in the 747-400.

It would be a real turn off if I could never (or rarely) fly routes that I like because there are never any 747-400s at YSSY or RPLL when I actually have time to boot up P3D and fly.

If I could warp an aircraft to the airport of my choice then I could always fly the routes I wanted.

Based off how I interpreted the live stream, GFO has to be launched and you have to log in before the aircraft is connected to it. So if you want to fly YSSY to RPLL and no aircraft is currently at either of those airports, don’t launch GFO. Just launch the sim, load in a 744 and off you go. Does that make sense or was that a poor explanation on my part?

Edit: Btw, perhaps we wait for more information about all of GFO’s features, from PMDG, before we are quick to judge it? It’s PMDG we’re taking here...anything they do is very in depth and I would imagine that holds true to their modeling of ACARS and CPDLC.

Edited by HighFlier
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HighFlier said:

GFO has to be launched and you have to log in before the aircraft is connected to it. So if you want to fly YSSY to RPLL and no aircraft is currently at either of those airports, don’t launch GFO. Just launch the sim, load in a 744 and off you go.

Which is exactly my point about turning off potential customers!

Why purchase GFO if I can never find the 747-400 at my favorite airport?

It would be very easy for PMDG to add a "Move to Airport" feature so that once you have "checked-out" the plane you can move it to your airport of choice for your flight.

Matthew S

I would prefer they devoted the time and energy to getting the new NG3 to us. Like David above said PMDG seems increasingly invested in long haul aircraft. Though I love the T7 and 747-400 I don't much enjoy hours watching time compress. This new Global Flight thing does smack of a subscription product like NAVIGRAPH. Charts for the -800 and doesn't sound too interesting to me but we'll see. It's all highly subjective to personal interest so that's just me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

Which is exactly my point about turning off potential customers!

Why purchase GFO if I can never find the 747-400 at my favorite airport?

It would be very easy for PMDG to add a "Move to Airport" feature so that once you have "checked-out" the plane you can move it to your airport of choice for your flight.

But then what’s the point of GFO if you’re going to warp to airports you wish to fly from? Kinda defeats the purpose.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PATCO LCH said:

I would prefer they devoted the time and energy to getting the new NG3 to us. Like David above said PMDG seems increasingly invested in long haul aircraft. Though I love the T7 and 747-400 I don't much enjoy hours watching time compress. This new Global Flight thing does smack of a subscription product like NAVIGRAPH. Charts for the -800 and doesn't sound too interesting to me but we'll see. It's all highly subjective to personal interest so that's just me.

Well they have been developing this for a decade and we’ve seen PMDG release several aircraft in that time frame...so I wouldn’t say it’s causing the development of other products to slow down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighFlier said:

But then what’s the point of GFO if you’re going to warp to airports you wish to fly from? Kinda defeats the purpose.

For all the other features of GFO, eg the ACARS support, aircraft cockpit and maintenance condition etc etc

Flying my favorite routes doesn't detract from that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

Bittersweet product announcement for me. This product will be great as what PMDG products always are.

Just not the product for me I think. But it will have its fair share of users who will enjoy it tremendously im sure.

Its just that this was not the "Shut up and take my money" kind of presentation/product that I was hoping for 😄

A question though for @scandinavian13, was this the Pigeonworks project all along? 😀

• Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

5 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

For all the other features of GFO, eg the ACARS support, aircraft cockpit and maintenance condition etc etc

Flying my favorite routes doesn't detract from that.

Fair enough.

4 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

A question though for @scandinavian13, was this the Pigeonworks project all along? 😀

I remember reading that his pigeoworks sig actually was a picture of a wing, but that revealed too much about the product that he overlayed with black. So based off of that I think pigeonworks is indeed an aircraft.

Edited by HighFlier
Spelling error

4 minutes ago, HighFlier said:

I remember reading that his pigeoworks sig actually was a picture of a wing, but that revealed too much about the product that he overlayed with black. So based off of that I think pigeonworks is indeed an aircraft

I hope so. We may have a chance of it.

I cant think of the connection of Pigeonworks to the GFO system 😂

Hopefully, we get some light into this soon.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

2 hours ago, joona_ said:

I think it's a breathtaking feature.

I couldn't resist

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What a bunch of whinos around here. I think it's an interesting product. Taking realism one step further. With some further development adding some other features it could be really interesting

• Like 3

I dont get it,

Why does anyone fly these types of planes in p3d ot whatever sim one chooses? 

It's most likely probably because one wants to be the captain of said airliner flying said route. 

For many people, that's the truth. For some not.

If you arent currently flying fir an airline in the real world or have never flown for an airline and have always dreamed of it or have been curious as to what it's like, then this is what like.

You take an airplane from another crew and you fly it from your current position. You get told where to go once on the ground and you are expected to leave the airplane in the correct manner. 

If you have no desire to see what real.life airline flying is like....I would stay away from GFO. If you do though, then this is a fantastic product. 

• Like 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

18 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

You take an airplane from another crew and you fly it from your current position. You get told where to go once on the ground and you are expected to leave the airplane in the correct manner.

You're not being told where to fly to in GFO hence you should not be told where to start from!

I want everything GFO has to offer except being told where to start from.

I want to fly my own routes, eg YSSY to RPLL.

So please PMDG give me an option to "Move to Airport" after I "check out" a 747-400.

Matthew S