Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

Yea.  I expected much more TBH.

This is something best left to the VAs, and something that PMDG can perhaps offer to the VAs that is interested in it.  

This is one (the first) PMDG product that I would most certainly give a skip.

--

Chris K

• Like 2

On 4/26/2018 at 9:13 PM, Morvious said:

A few things I am hoping for are:

• A simulation around our sim. Simulate beeing part of an actual company.

I for one am glad about this feature and am curious what this will all bring to our simulation.

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

+1...   so for heaven's sake PMDG please don't alienate users by forcing us to fly only from airports where we happen to find the aircraft we want to fly.

They don't, like others said there is always the option to not use the product.

But maybe this discussion is a waste of time and they implement such features. Lets wait and see what the actual product will look like ore more information is given.

2 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Ok, if flown by a non-VA member does "wear and tear" accumulate, and does the cockpit get left in an "unknown" state by the last user?

I'm guessing it does not, in which case having my own 1 person VA will mean no "wear & tear" nor "unknown" cockpit state on the aircraft.

So that just leaves ACARS? 

You see? Your "create your own VA" solution to having the aircraft at my desired departure airport results in GFO being less appealing.

So, why not just let the non-VA user who "checks out" the aircraft then "move to Airport"?

I hope PMDG can consider this "move to airport" feature... without it I'm afraid the product won't be for me because I doubt I'll ever find a 747-400 at YSSY at the exact time I'm wanting to boot up P3D and go flying!

Actually, from what I gathered from the livestream, I believe wear and tear as well as cockpit state gets left by the last user even when flown by a non-VA member. Additionally, I gathered the product has an individual mode where it’s just you. So you could fly back and forth between the two airports that you like most.

Btw, what’s with this why subscription thing. PMDG did not mention that at all, unless it was mentioned during the moments where the connection on the livestreams were cutting out. I see where everything else you’ve said has come from, and it’s all reasonable, but what you’re saying about a subscription has no evidence behind it. Unless confirmed by PMDG, I would hold off in saying that for now. People will get confused, take it for reality, threads will start...let’s not go down that channel until the info has arrived.

2 hours ago, MatthewS said:

+1...   so for heaven's sake PMDG please don't alienate users by forcing us to fly only from airports where we happen to find the aircraft we want to fly.

Nowhere was it ever mentioned that you would be forced to use the GFO system.  I'm pretty sure you can continue to fly standalone as you do now.  Most people (me included) only fly from airports they have installed on their sims, - I never fly from default airports.  

27 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Nowhere was it ever mentioned that you would be forced to use the GFO system.  I'm pretty sure you can continue to fly standalone as you do now.  Most people (me included) only fly from airports they have installed on their sims, - I never fly from default airports.  

GFO is not forced to anyone. If you want buy it and use it, if you do not to use it and keep flying as now you can do it. No one said anything about forcing a user to buy it.

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

45 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I'm talking about how in GFO it seems that you are forced to fly from the airport where you find the plane and not able to move the plane to an airport of your choice for departure.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

44 minutes ago, HighFlier said:

Btw, what’s with this why subscription thing. PMDG did not mention that at all, unless it was mentioned during the moments where the connection on the livestreams were cutting out.

The chillywillies stream followed RSR to the Q&A after the presentation.

Have a look at this stream below, at 55:07 I think RSR says "it's going to be a subscription basis".

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/271396411?t=00h55m07s

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

Meanwhile I find this project very exciting and fun, I did not expect such thing from PMDG. Once it's out, I will evaluate if I can make good use of it or not but I am not particularly interested in it right now. A PMDG 757/767/787, CSeries or E-Jets announcement would have been sweet.

• Like 1

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I'm disappointed too, It not something I will use, too much hype for nothing

Jean-Marie Roland

• Like 1

What a disappointment. Even a new (corrected) AIRAC navigation system would be of better use than this.

• Like 1

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Of course I expected for an aircraft and didn't expect for a new sim or software like GFO.

I can't decide right now if the GFO will be useful or not because it hasn't released yet but I think that if the price for the GFO is fair I will give a chance for the GFO and I will buy copy of that. 

But there are some good points from the announcement that we will see the RainMarker and EFB on the 777 and know that the PMDG 747-8i is in beta test and there will be a full update for the Operation Center to v2. 

Lets wait for the releases of all this and after that we can review the product GFO and decide if the GFO is good idea and useful or not.

Edited by itay5344
  • Upvote 1

PMDG have always claimed they have the best market Intel on what the community wants.. They have turned down requests from folks asking for this platform or that airplane, all based on market survey.. Now, who was asking for this "can I checkout this aircraft tonight.. I will bring her back in the morning" feature? Is this what the community has been longing for? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

49 minutes ago, zazaboeing said:

What a disappointment. Even a new (corrected) AIRAC navigation system would be of better use than this.

They said they're working on that, actually.

24 minutes ago, vin747 said:

PMDG have always claimed they have the best market Intel on what the community wants.. They have turned down requests from folks asking for this platform or that airplane, all based on market survey.. Now, who was asking for this "can I checkout this aircraft tonight.. I will bring her back in the morning" feature? Is this what the community has been longing for? 

Yea, I don't see how this has been longed for at all. Trying to create cohesion between a few different products/platforms, sure, but the goodies are tied to PMDG aircraft. But meh, given my own wild speculation, this is certainly underwhelming and not really something I'm interested in.

Edited by squerble
  • Like 1

I'm pretty excited about this product. I think it is really going to immerse you into the daily routines of being a pilot for an airline. I was surprised non PMDG aircraft could be used in the system as well. This is a product I plan to purchase when it comes out.

• Upvote 1