Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

22 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

No.

Love it. There is no negotiation. Fly the line - or do something else.

Gimme the line Kyle, see you in Despatch. Go GFO!

Edited by Guest

Kyle and the PMDG team - If you are surprised or disappointed by the overall negative reaction in the community, then you're missing the compliment for your aircraft work. 

Of COURSE everyone wanted a CS1000 or E-Jets, or a Gulfstream (my bet in Vegas). Your aircraft are second to none and the announcement and release of them are major event in the industry. Speculation went as far as PMDG picking up the consumer license for FSW which would have been big and for almost everyone.

To many of  us, GSO..Corrected - GFO was like getting a sweater for Christmas. The person giving it thought it was great; the person receiving it ... well - it depends if they wanted a sweater.  It doesn't mean sweaters aren't really nice and useful, but getting a big wheel would have been better. 

Some people know how to bite their lip and say thanks and others will come right out and say "I didn't want a sweater".  Some will even say it has fleas and causes rashes even when it doesn't.

Don't blame the community for being disappointed and vocal about it. It's all a compliment to the good work you do on airplanes. The foot stomping and temper tantrums will die out in a few days.

Edited by bob34
  • Upvote 3

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

2 minutes ago, bob34 said:

To many of  us, GSO was like getting a sweater for Christmas. The person giving it thought it was great; the person receiving it ... well - it depends if they wanted a sweater.  It doesn't mean sweaters aren't really nice and useful, but we're used to getting big wheel would have been better. 

Some people know how to bite their lip and say thanks and others will come right out and say "I didn't want a sweater".  Some will even say it has fleas and causes rashes even when it doesn't.

Er, yup, it's (x-mas sweaters aside)  - GFO (Global Flight Operations) Not GSO.

Might as well get it right from the start old boy.

23 minutes ago, bob34 said:

Kyle and the PMDG team - If you are surprised or disappointed by the overall negative reaction in the community, then you're missing the compliment for your aircraft work. 

Of COURSE everyone wanted a CS1000 or E-Jets, or a Gulfstream (my bet in Vegas). Your aircraft are second to none and the announcement and release of them are major event in the industry. Speculation went as far as PMDG picking up the consumer license for FSW which would have been big and for almost everyone.

To many of  us, GSO was like getting a sweater for Christmas. The person giving it thought it was great; the person receiving it ... well - it depends if they wanted a sweater.  It doesn't mean sweaters aren't really nice and useful, but we're used to getting big wheel would have been better. 

Don't blame the community for being disappointed and vocal about it. It's all a compliment to the good work you do on airplanes. The foot stomping and temper tantrums will die out in a few days.

Well said.

Well said! Everyone wants their plane made by PMDG as PMDG are synonymous with high quality interesting airplanes.

When PMDG announced an indirect aeroplane product we were thrown off. PMDG usually leaves that stuff to other third party developers. It’s as if they’ve built a fs2crew product, ya know...

not everyone uses fs2crew with their PMDG plane, but everyone uses their PMDG plane but not necessary fs2crew.... so of course there are going to be people who won’t use GFO or FANS1 capabilities.

We’re here for the planes

Brian Nellis

Overall, some pretty disrespectful commentary about.  If you thought it was an aircraft, then you're just daft.  It was pretty clear that it was not going to be an aircraft - since RSR told us all we were all wrong a few weeks back. The obvious had been eliminated.  

It wasn't what I was expecting , but I really had no clear expectation of anything.  I would say, that as PMDG aircraft are the only aircraft I ever sim with (and now also the 787), that I might get into using GFO - and having thought about it some more, I'm quite looking forward to the enhancement it can bring to an already damn awesome experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icaruss said:

The flaw here is that we all can use different checklists, just like every dofferent airline does.  The panel state left by person x is going to be different depending of the checklist being used.  Unlike an airline where everyone uses the same checklist so there is a level of expectancy of where every switch should be.  

You just pointed out the importance of preflight checks. Its fascinating when you really cant tell the panel state instead if the same one where you know all the switch positions without needing to check anything. Now you can do little tricks, like turning IFE off etc. that the next pilot really needs to check.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

One thing I think got overlooked and 'underrated' Outside of GFO (which I think will be awesome for those that want it),  are the features of OC2, which is another step forward to being able to more quickly manage our products for updates, new additions/versions, etc..  Less time 'unzipping' files and more of a one stop shop.  Then add GFO to the mix to seamlessly being able to customize how you want to fly in the sim; to me, seems like a pretty important feature of the overall experience.  

I don't think people are appreciating or seeing the overall 'flow' PMDG is trying to implement.  I think that is the most important take away from this.  

The only thing I don't see yet is the ability to use ACARS/CPDLC independent of GFO per say.  I'm sure with the product still under development and with limited talk time at FSExpo, maybe there just wasn't time to fully go through all the details and usage features of GFO?  I think more information is still needed for people to fully come to any conclusions.  From what we heard, I think the team seems to be fully aware of the balance, and answers will come when they're ready.  I think it's a little to early to be jumping to any conclusions.  Make that way to early....LOL.  With all these features, I'm sure the team is in a one thing leads to another status.  Nothing wrong with that.

The other thing is that people for some reason don't believe the team can walk and chew gum at the same time.  In other words, they seem to think to think that GFO is the ONLY thing they are working on.  It seems clear that PMDG has more than one team working on more than one product.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, I have a feeling that when this all comes to fruition, people will realize what's happened and appreciate it more.  

Just my 2 cents.  Good luck team, can't wait.

*disclaimer*  Notice I use words like "feel", "think", and "seems".  Those DO NOT mean 'know'.  Please understand the difference between the meanings of those words.

• Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

On the first reaction after the presentation I was a little bit, how can I say, I was not really sure what to think. It was very different to what I, and probably most people, where thinking about/expecting.
But aside from a few others, I wasn't immediately negative or disappointed.

Now, after seeing the recording of the presentation again and thinking about it more, it actually seems like a very interesting idea and considering the quality of the planes that you (so the PMDG team) had created so far, I trust you to make a great product out of it.
Whether it will be a product that I will enjoy using on all future flights (after the release of course) or maybe from time to time or maybe never, I don't know yet. While I understand the idea and concept and what all of these things are, I think I will need to see it fully in action (or eventually try it out) to see if it adds something for me or not.
But the idea in of itself actually sounds very interesting so I look forward to hear about it more

Christian Storcks

1 hour ago, pracines said:

This is why I said ESSENTIALLY (not exactly)  ADVANCED (not simple), which you simply did not comprehend: 

Essentially an advanced FS Economy which has been around since 2005

This is not an "all new idea", as others have pointed out with PSS Flight Line, that I myself used as well, long ago. So long ago, I totally had forgotten about it.

Yes, GFO is light-years more advanced in ground breaking features, and this brings me great joy.

I intend to enjoy GFO it to its maximum possible as I did Flight Line and FS Economy.

It appears that PMDG's GFO will likely compete with rex simair....this is good.

It sounded to me like you were trying to downplay what GFO offered, my mistake and my apologies.

1 hour ago, pracines said:

Checklists are your friend.

I’m more than aware. I follow the checklists to a tee. But at what point in the checklist do I stop for the aircraft to be considered in a turnaround state? If I follow everything in the secure procedure and electrical power down procedure, I’ve put the aircraft back in cold and dark.

4 minutes ago, HighFlier said:

I’m more than aware. I follow the checklists to a tee. But at what point in the checklist do I stop for the aircraft to be considered in a turnaround state? If I follow everything in the secure procedure and electrical power down procedure, I’ve put the aircraft back in cold and dark.

It's up to you. How do you want to leave the plane. Leave it engines running if you want. The next one will get it in that configuration. That's the beauty in it. Don't make it too hard on yourself.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I was wrong!  It's not a PDMG brand of beer. 

For those flailing their arms, settle down, give it time, and let's see what this thing is really all about.   From what I've read here so far a whole lot simply isn't known yet.

Mark Trainer

31 minutes ago, joona_ said:

It's up to you. How do you want to leave the plane. Leave it engines running if you want. The next one will get it in that configuration. That's the beauty in it. Don't make it too hard on yourself.

Absolutely this. My airline doesn't hot seat as such but the PMDG Panel States are more than enough to set conditions for rapid crew change turnaround, slow change crew turnaround and Cold And Dark.

As PIC - on entry to the flight deck, your primary duty is to scan the cockpit and check that the conditions of switches, levers and dials are as they should be for the commencement of your command of the aircraft.

If you don't scan your cockpit and see any anomalies, well, you're not really in command are you?

Assume the last bu**er left the aeroplane in a right state, stepping off it as a tired old bunny, stumbling off to the Hilton with little or no regard for the Ground PWR, APU, etc,  and you're off to a good start with your cockpit prep.

Let's get right in to the immersion of this fantastic PMDG GFO solution. I'll start:

Do your job properly - then I can do mine properly - then the next skipper can do his properly...you see how this works...

This can bring us all together in the shared skies where we have a new trust and respect for each other.

GO PMDG!

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, MatthewS said:

You're not being told where to fly to in GFO hence you should not be told where to start from!

I want everything GFO has to offer except being told where to start from.

I want to fly my own routes, eg YSSY to RPLL.

So please PMDG give me an option to "Move to Airport" after I "check out" a 747-400.

Last time I checked, I cant warp the airplane I fly to any airport I want in the real world. PMDG is aiming for realism....

Like I said before, this is the closest thing simmers will get to real world ops.

Besides, you can fly the route you proposed....just find an airplane parked at YSSY and fly the airplane to RPLL.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Late to the party on what the announcement was..... but..... sounds GREAT!    I love add-ons that add to the immersion of flight operations (from LSAs to heavy jets) just as much as I love new aircraft.

Congratulations, Robert, Kyle and team, very much looking forward to this!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)