Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

11 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

I wonder how many who say "Not for me" will in the end purchase it, once it all the features have been documented, and video streams start rollong out 

I said "not for me" because it is a concept that I simply have no interest in and that won't change. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

I don't understand why those who have no interest are posting on a topic they have no interest in. 

I could go to 10 threads a day and say I'm not interested in your scenery, plane, software etc but what's the point? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

ZORAN

10 minutes ago, zmak said:

I don't understand why those who have no interest are posting on a topic they have no interest in. 

I could go to 10 threads a day and say I'm not interested in your scenery, plane, software etc but what's the point? 

Because these days, people are encouraged to talk about how they feel. They are entitled to rain on anyone else's parade, because they can only feel better about themselves by trying to make somebody else feel worse. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Can we get more information about the GFO ? I think with what I understand from the presentation at FSExpo that the product have alot of potential. 

I will happy if we can get more information about it because I want understand if this GFO software will send some messages to the COMM button on the PMDG 777. Will it be ? If Yes, I expect from PMDG to do software that send messages to the COMM button because for now the COMM button don't do something (but I didn't expect to see announce on that software yesterday at FSExpo so I'm surprised).  If you have a ready manual of the GFO I will happy to read it and see it the software will do what I expect and learn the other feature of the new software and understand what exactly GFO will do.

Edited by itay5344

One can't help but imagine that a good portion of this negative reaction/criticism could have been avoided had PMDG hit "go" on a press release thread on here with a great deal more detail than Rob could do at the presentation. One would reasonably expect that this should have already been posted rather than let this simmer over the weekend - they could have had the post ready, either in a Word document to copy & paste into the editor then press "Submit", or have already posted it but hidden from public view until such time someone had a minute to log in and unhide.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, squerble said:

One can't help but imagine that a good portion of this negative reaction/criticism could have been avoided had PMDG hit "go" on a press release thread on here with a great deal more detail than Rob could do at the presentation. One would reasonably expect that this should have already been posted rather than let this simmer over the weekend - they could have had the post ready, either in a Word document to copy & paste into the editor then press "Submit", or have already posted it but hidden from public view until such time someone had a minute to log in and unhide.

Maybe....but at the same time, look at who makes all the major announcements the majority of the time. It's usually Robert himself, so it certainly would be more difficult for him to do that whilst he's at the presentation himself. The word document idea might not necessarily work if he's got screenshots to go with that, as he has done in the past with previews of the 747-8 and the 747-400.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

6 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Maybe....but at the same time, look at who makes all the major announcements the majority of the time. It's usually Robert himself, so it certainly would be more difficult for him to do that whilst he's at the presentation himself. The word document idea might not necessarily work if he's got screenshots to go with that, as he has done in the past with previews of the 747-8 and the 747-400.

For the Word document, it could have even been a text file - you make the topic in a test forum, hidden from public view, get it "just so", and then copy the pure source from the editor and keep hold of that. Then when it comes time to post - copy, paste, post, job done.

15 minutes ago, squerble said:

For the Word document, it could have even been a text file - you make the topic in a test forum, hidden from public view, get it "just so", and then copy the pure source from the editor and keep hold of that. Then when it comes time to post - copy, paste, post, job done.

Not that easy. There is nothing as 100% "hidden" in the forums. If I hide a post you will not be able to see it but all the Avsim moderators can. The expo just finished yesterday, give us some time and more info will come up

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

There is nothing wrong with posting that you have no (or little) interest in a product.....so long as it is done in a respectful manner. It's probably a good idea to explain why you have no interest, so that the rest of the flightsim community can see the reasons. In some cases, further information about the product can change someone's mind.....which would not have been the case if they had steered completely clear of the topic.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

There is nothing wrong with posting that you have no (or little) interest in a product.....so long as it is done in a respectful manner. It's probably a good idea to explain why you have no interest, so that the rest of the flightsim community can see the reasons. In some cases, further information about the product can change someone's mind.....which would not have been the case if they had steered completely clear of the topic.

They can still follow the topic if they as you say "have a little interest" but most are grown men that are having a dummy spit. If it were me I would click the follow tab without making a scene. It ain't rocket science. For those that are totally not interested it's just a matter of not clogging the threads and moving on. Surely if they are flying pmdg jets they are smart enough to figure it all out. 

ZORAN

So PMDG Pigeonworks I guess is a reference to a carrier pigeon carrying messages across the ACARS? :cool:

• Like 1

- Stephen Sandwell

NG_Aviator

PMDG team,

This is an awesome concept.  Looking forward to how it all plays out.   No one from PMDG has commented on how many airframes will be in the system.  I would imagine if the system is rather dynamic and they can add more aircraft at airports as needed as the product grows and evolves.   

3 minutes ago, DrJ1 said:

No one from PMDG has commented on how many airframes will be in the system.

Every single 747-400 and 747-8 in the world are already in there, along with every 777 (all variants - no, that's not a hint), and some of the 737s (600-900s for now: there's about 7000 of them, and it's a pretty manual effort, so they're going in as I find time). I'll be adding some other developers' product types here soon, too. There are actually a few planes from other devs already in there, as I've been testing things.

The basics are thus:
Any tubeliner, from any dev that you can think of, in this single system.

What we need are liveries for each of them, which is where RSR's comment about liveries and community involvement comes in.

• Like 4

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

That is really impressive.  Looking forward to it

17 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

To be honest, and I'm obviously biased, but the first time I set the early, early, early alpha up to test it, I got goosebumps. I flew a plane, landed, parked, shut down, closed the sim, and then the next time I loaded it up, I loaded up in the same exact spot with all of the switches in the same spots without ever having to save a panel state, or the flight, or anything. When some of the rest of the team got a hold of it, and I started using the planes they'd used, it brought excitement to it because it felt lived in.

Will there be deferred items and what not? Aircraft "can" and mx logs?

I would lllooovveee to give an airplane to some with a deferred APU in Dallas In the summer. 🙂

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda