Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

New product....as in Airbus may be?

May be we can finally see a study level A380 😄

Glad you like our beer. As we say in Ireland "There's both eating and drinking in it".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Sure hope it's a new flight sim platform cause I'm betting DTG is fixing to go after LM, trying to blame them for Crappy fsw's enviable demise and thereby screwing the p3d user base in this community

I am getting the distinct feeling that you do not like Dovetail Games.... :laugh:

Dovetail cuts losses and sells FSX rights to PMDG?

I doubt that Dovetail Games have the necessary rights to do that. As far as I am aware, they licenced use of the FSX/MS Flight technology to develop FlightSim World. They do not own it.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I may be wrong but I think it`s the words Flight Simulator and FS is what is copyright that DTG have, other than that you can have any title you like as long as it`s not that, hence other sims are not FSXP or FSP3D you can have XYZ if you like.

DTG I don`t think were tied to the ESP code but had the writes to use it and call it Flight Simulator World or Flight Simulator XYZ. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

17 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I may be wrong but I think it`s the words Flight Simulator and FS is what is copyright that DTG have, other than that you can have any title you like as long as it`s not that, hence other sims are not FSXP or FSP3D you can have XYZ if you like.

DTG I don`t think were tied to the ESP code but had the writes to use it and call it Flight Simulator World or Flight Simulator XYZ. 

Licensed rights to distribute (FSX:SE) and rights to the intellectual property of FSX (not ESP - LM has that). You'll note that FSX:SE is FSX with minor fixes, and Flight School and FSW were both heavily dependent on the old FSX IP - you can clearly see the trademark FSX-style everything in both 'new' sims.

Kyle Rodgers

The "Dark Side" of the FS community has reared it's ugly head..again.

6 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

You all are funny, creative, and incorrect.   :ph34r:

Oh my! This discussion just got real interesting. Something we never expected might actually mean something we never expected.

So it's.....(1) a product line, (2) which no one outside of PMDG knows about, (3) that has been 10 years in the making and (4) that will carry the vision of PMDG products into the future. And now we know all the previous guesses are incorrect.

I honestly can't guess what this new product line is unless one of the above statements is partly untrue. But also, what is this Pigeonworks? Ah well, a month to go.

35 minutes ago, Asheroo said:

But also, what is this Pigeonworks?

It's a joking nod to the legendary Lockheed Skunk Works group: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_Works

All of the major secret aviation projects from Lockheed came from Skunk Works. As I was working on this secret project, I made a PMDG version of that by subbing the animal reference to one of our inside jokes: the Woodpigeon.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Well there are a lot of Pigeon fanciers in the UK should go down well.😁 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

12 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

I have never been more happy to hear you say that 🤣

7 hours ago, MattS said:

Oh my! This discussion just got real interesting. Something we never expected might actually mean something we never expected.

LOL.. well we got the boss to say we're all wrong. Back to square one.

Space simulator, space shuttle, ISS.

Edited by bills511

4 hours ago, bills511 said:

LOL.. well we got the boss to say we're all wrong. Back to square one.

Well I give up...so where' my 748?

spacer.png

19 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

Aww c'mon Robert, I am sure someone is in the ballpark. It has to be a new line of aircraft or a new line of sim. Outside of those two, I think we may be headed outside of your line of expertise. Lol

Terence Jordan