Sign in to follow this  
somiller

v10.0 Can't change AI_liveries.txt folder

Nico,

Just installed 10.0 from 9.36. In 10.0, the "AI_liveries.txt folder:"  location string is grayed out and won't allow a change. I tried deleting the PSX...cfg to rebuild a new one to default - same result, can't be edited.

Also, using a new .cfg, the default AI_liveries.txt location is BVAIP3Dv4, not an empty value/PSXseecontraffic folder as indicated in the manual. Even though I have BVAI installed, I am using a VMRgenerator AI_liveries.txt file, as I have additional liveries I have installed.

To solve the problem temporarily, I have manually entered the path in PSX...cfg.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

6 hours ago, somiller said:

Just installed 10.0 from 9.36. In 10.0, the "AI_liveries.txt folder:"  location string is grayed out and won't allow a change. I tried deleting the PSX...cfg to rebuild a new one to default - same result, can't be edited.

Also, using a new .cfg, the default AI_liveries.txt location is BVAIP3Dv4, not an empty value/PSXseecontraffic folder as indicated in the manual. 

Your to quick, it will become enabled for editing after RealTraffic and P3Dv4 are connected... This is because the default value may change to BVAIFSX or BVAIP3Dv3 according to the sim of the user and I did not want the (new) user to interfere with that process...

I have changed the Manual, you're right.

It is strange that you ran into these problems while upgrading to 10.0 because it should have continued with your old PSXseeconTraffic.cfg in which you had a VMRGENERATOR= entry... Did you delete that .cfg file? 

Note that in the current 10.0 I have made a small change. If the AI_liveries.txt parameter is not one of the BVAI... 's it will become available for editing right from the start. And if you enter a wrong value resulting in error 51 you're no longer stuck, but can still edit the AI_liveries.txt field, even after error 51. Re-download 10.0 if you like. The Manual has been updated too, it is dated April 26.

Nico

Edited by kiek

Nico,

I should have been more explicit. The only reason it became an issue for me is that after installing 10.0 I wanted to move the location of my AI_liveries.txt from a network location to a local drive. Which brings me to a question: I assume that having AI_liveries.txt on a network drive does not increase simmconnect traffic, only a slight increase in network traffic...would that be correct? I guess a better question would be: is there much overhead to having it on a network location?

In any case, it was all a very minor issue, that I resolved by editing the .cfg.

Thank you for taking the time to explain the operational logic - I'll re-download and install the latest iteration of 10.0.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

No there is no overhead in having it at a network location. The file is read once at startup of PSXseeconTraffic.

Nico

Nico,

Thanks, that's good information.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1