Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Pimentel

Proposal for a new forum policy

David, all of your points are well made and there is no need to leave just because a few are rude and arrogant.The majority of flightsimmers agree with you:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Don't let those few deter you David.But sad to say if, as has been suggested, that the majority of FSimmers agree with your thoughts, they have certainly remained quite in this thread.Jim

Guest paradoxbox

I've noticed on avsim that the people that are ruining threads over and over again have been doing it for years. I took about a 2 year hiatus from avsim and there are a few names that I remember in particular for ruining threads. They're still at it to this day- why haven't they been removed?

As one of the few that is vocal and supportive of this, I would like to see a range of opinions on this. Most topics here get over exposure of opinion, yet this is getting such little reaction, negative or positive. Don't get down David, you have raised a good and serious point here!

Guest Divergent Phugoid

Not sure what the problem is with the forums. There are loads of posts with no issues one way or ther other. There are very very few that degenerate. You can't have your cake and eat it :)Also, I would add, that not all posts can be informative to all people and the longest discussions are often on the simplest of subjects because then everyone has an opinion. Those sujects keep cropping up over and over, but isn't actually bad thing. It attracts those new to simming as they feel they are getting the latest view on their beginer questions.

Guest davidvoogd

Indeed there are plenty of posts without problems - it is usually one type of post that has this issue - those asking for opinions on payware products. It seems that some (not one person - general comment) have something against payware and just want to thwart any attempt to discuss it.

Guest Divergent Phugoid

But that sounds like a specific case. If so the management should be able to deal with it easily.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I agree completely. All this bickering about payware lately's kind of getting on my nerves as well. If you're against it, fine. Don't buy it. But don't take every #### chance you have to go on a campaign against payware (especially when it's targeted against specific people, in which case it's something else). Really, keep it on e-mail... We don't have to put up with your crap and beligerent disposition every time we come to read something casual.I don't think it's too much to ask to keep the threads clean, and at least avoid attacks on certain people (and I don't think even mentioning names is necessary). Opinions should be voiced, as long as they're civil and don't go around offending people or getting people's panties in a bunch, so to speak. :-lolDaniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)