Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Weather Radar

Howdy All --- have been trying to find info on the WX radar and am striking out so far. I have installed the GTN750 and all working fine there.

But under what conditions does the WX radar function?? Does the GTN750 installation preclude the radar from working?

Comments please. It would sure be nice to get the radar working while the GTN750 is working!!

Thanks!!!! 

They are based on the Garmin Trainers and to my knowledge the trainers do not support pulling in weather feeds. 

1 hour ago, kowen said:

They are based on the Garmin Trainers and to my knowledge the trainers do not support pulling in weather feeds. 

Hi Kowen -- thanks for the reply. I did some more tinkering by removing the GTN750 install, and it appears it is the case that the radar and the GTN750 are exclusive of each other. The radar did function to a small degree. The functionality is very erratic and unstable. The range selector switch does not function. Finally the range arcs were corrupted and hung up and the radar would no longer work even to its sad state.

Oh well. Here we go again. Hopefully Carenado will fix it. It is a mess. Thanks again for the feedback. Awaiting installer version 1.1 with fixes.