Sign in to follow this  
luojie

How far has the 747-8 been developed?

When it hit the streets (747-8), it will be awesome.   In software development, the last 10% can take 90% of the time (if you're doing it right).  Like everyone else here, really looking forward to it. 

Anyhow Andres Berman, I liked your old pic better- that thing-a-ma-bob with the oversize eyes and screaming mouth....I downloaded that icon and am considering using it on our JIRA page at work to represent me -- we use that tool to track our "stories" (in the old days we called them algorithms or projects but somewhere along the line software development language got stupid aka "Agile Methodology" so that the "business" could understand).

Mark Trainer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtrainer said:

Anyhow Andres Berman, I liked your old pic better- that thing-a-ma-bob with the oversize eyes and screaming mouth..

You mean a Porg?

1 hour ago, mtrainer said:

When it hit the streets (747-8), it will be awesome.   In software development, the last 10% can take 90% of the time (if you're doing it right).  Like everyone else here, really looking forward to it. 

Anyhow Andres Berman, I liked your old pic better- that thing-a-ma-bob with the oversize eyes and screaming mouth....I downloaded that icon and am considering using it on our JIRA page at work to represent me -- we use that tool to track our "stories" (in the old days we called them algorithms or projects but somewhere along the line software development language got stupid aka "Agile Methodology" so that the "business" could understand).

Mark Trainer

Haha! You mean this one? 😁

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 4/27/2018 at 4:52 PM, netshadoe said:

It's his cousin-father-brother.

Father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

On 4/28/2018 at 9:37 AM, mtrainer said:

...and so the cool kids could put a bunch of paper on the wall after taking classes teaching them common sense stuff, certifying them in not much more than being a paper tiger.
...and then creating a cottage industry of "continuing education" BS.

Full disclosure, I spent a few years in that industry, teaching those classes, but two things there:
1. If people wanted to pay me to teach them common sense stuff, why not?
2. It showed me precisely how much those certificates meant: It takes a lot more than a crash course on common sense, and good sense, in order to have it and run things well.

Kyle Rodgers

On 4/27/2018 at 12:43 PM, Chapstick said:

I am Robert Randazzo’s son and I can confirm the 747-8 is 63.87% complete.

Alex Pugh errr I mean Bobby, Jr. Randazzo

Ale.... Bobby Jr.  I am your father.  :cool:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

4 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

:biggrin:

2 hours ago, Samany69 said:

:biggrin:

It sounds as if someone has been playing away from  home:)

Harry Woodrow

It will be released "SOONTM".😉

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

2 to 4 weeks, standard industry answer.

spacer.png

I hope the -8 will not be part of a Expo-Special. The new product series is quiet enough for that EXPO.
We would see the -8 way before the EXPO already...

Please - give us our improved Queen of the skies! 😄

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

54 minutes ago, Boomer said:

2 to 4 weeks, standard industry answer.

naaa, I'll have to wait for my R nineT 6-8 weeks...

8 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Hmm...and I thought you were MY father...

Ah well, may the Forces of Flight be with you!!  🕵️‍♀️

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

20 hours ago, xTiMm_ said:

I hope the -8 will not be part of a Expo-Special. The new product series is quiet enough for that EXPO.
We would see the -8 way before the EXPO already...

Please - give us our improved Queen of the skies! 😄

Given the -8 doesn't appear to even be in beta yet, and given the amount of new technologies in it (Rainmaker, EFB, charts, ground display etc etc) I think it's fair to say we'll all be waiting until at least the Expo for more information, let alone getting the aircraft on our computers.

I was expecting to hear something about something by now according to Rsrandozzo`s post in the Announcement thread what we still don`t know.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg