Sign in to follow this  
David Keff

C-47 Beta 3.14 mmbar not readible

Hi Folks,

Maybe one of you can help me out. When hovering with the mouse over the Alt meter of the C-47 Beta 3.14 of Manfred Jahn, it doesn't display the mmbar or inches, the meter itself is not quite readible. I want to take this bird for an IFR flight in The Netherlands and the TA is 3000 feet, so above that it's standard QNH. Any suggestions on how to make the gauge readible?

Maybe the gauge xml doesn’t have help ID. You could open the xml with notepad and add it if you know how.

im not at my sim rig so cannot assist further right now sorry.  I am however planning on flying over the weekend in that very bird so I can take a look to see what has to be added and let you know. 

Luke Pype

Hello,

if you have not disabled cockpit tool tips, if you hover the mouse cursor over the adjustment control,

you will see this and be able to see the adjustment read out as you move your mouse wheel.

Untitled.jpg

I am no expert in matters of aviation but assume that inHg is

shorthand for inches of mercury.

Of course, if you have disabled cockpit tool tips, you will see nothing.

Edited by nolonger

Well, that's the thing...I have enabled the cockpit tool tips, but no info is coming from that gauge. I will try and fiddle with the xml file, see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the replies and further help is more than welcome 😉

Hi

I took a look, but the tag is there in the xml as far as i can see, so im not sure why its not displaying..

here it is :

<Area Left="@XPOS_5" Width="@XSIZECOL" Top="@YPOS_SPEED1" Height="@YSIZE">
			<Tooltip>Altimeter Calibration (%((A:Kohlsman setting hg:1, inHg))%!4.2f! inHg)</Tooltip>
			<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
			<Click Repeat="Yes" Kind="LeftSingle+RightSingle+WheelUp+WheelDown+MiddleSingle">(M:Event) 'MiddleSingle' scmp 0 == if{ (&gt;K:BAROMETRIC) quit } (M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == (M:Event) 'WheelUp' scmp 0 == || if{ 1 (&gt;K:KOHLSMAN_INC) } els{ 1 (&gt;K:KOHLSMAN_DEC) }</Click>
		</Area>

:mellow:

Alternativly, you can press shift+3, hover mouse here to see inhg, scroll with mouse wheel to change

:biggrin:

2mcslyq.jpg

Edited by MaDDogz

Luke Pype

Hi MaDDogz,

Nice, that's the trick! Can I change that in mmbar rather than inches?

Edited by David Keff

Unlikely, as its being told to disply in inches by the Avar.

1 hour ago, MaDDogz said:

(A:Kohlsman setting hg:1, inHg)

i just tryed changing the sim settings to millimeters but made no diffrence.

Edited by MaDDogz

Luke Pype