Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Seattle Airports X 1.1 with new KSEA this weekend.

1 hour ago, kenthom said:

Hi Benjamin, I had T2G since it came out and really like it.  I now have DD KSEA.  As usual when you have dueling airports you will have things you like better of of each one.  I would pick DD KSEA as the over all winner but I did like T2G taxiway and runway texture better.  And, I like the 3D grass of T2G.  Other than that, DD is better in my opinion.  I have seen no performance hit at all. 

DD KSEA has no hits in P3Dv4 and FSX but T2G KSEA has better performance in FSX. Since P3Dv4 is 64Bit I don't notice hit performance at all, any airport.

The problem is SODE has no options to select specific airport to activate or de-activate. Only you can activate/deactivate the SIM. When SODE becomes more flexible then we can have T2G and DD installed in multi-platform (FSX and P3Dv4)

Patricio Valdes

I have both and unless I'm missing something with DD KSEA, TG KSEA is so much better in every way.

DD attention to small details is not there and textures are substandard. I think DD KPAE is much better than the effort on KSEA.

• Like 1

I have both too and thoroughly enjoyed T2G's version but the detail in the DD version is much better.  This is one of those sceneries that is only as good as the eye of the beholder.  So many will like the T2G version and keep it.  Fortunately, you can use either version as DD Seattle City X provided compatibility with T2G's version.

Personally I like the Iconic Aerial Walkway and International Arrivals Facility DD KSEA has included in their version that was not in the T2G version -

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes good point.

But the TG runways, taxiways, terminals, jetways and other small details win me over. Let’s hope for an update to TG to include the items you mention.

Edited by Jim Young
Removed quote.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Personally I like the Iconic Aerial Walkway and International Arrivals Facility DD KSEA has included in their version that was not in the T2G version -

I agree. I don't see the animation of people shown in your Clip from DD KSEA. How to check on that? As Camera I only use Keyboard + Mouse to rotate the scenery.

Patricio Valdes

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I agree. I don't see the animation of people shown in your Clip from DD KSEA. How to check on that? As Camera I only use Keyboard + Mouse to rotate the scenery.

I don’t think that’s DD KSEA, it’s a preview video by KSEA port authority for the walkway.

thanks all for the feedback, it sounds like it’s a tie. I was hoping DD might have some further performance optimization’s but it sounds like it performs more or less like T2G. The Seattle area is heavy on my computer, though I do get it to run fine overall. I would’ve gotten DD if the performance would have been better over T2G, but not too sure now. I’ll give it some time, then. In the meantime I have higher priorities;)

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

11 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I don’t think that’s DD KSEA, it’s a preview video by KSEA port authority for the walkway.

thanks all for the feedback, it sounds like it’s a tie. I was hoping DD might have some further performance optimization’s but it sounds like it performs more or less like T2G. The Seattle area is heavy on my computer, though I do get it to run fine overall. I would’ve gotten DD if the performance would have been better over T2G, but not too sure now. I’ll give it some time, then. In the meantime I have higher priorities;)

I had similar thoughts. But, if installed DD (any) in FSX then I only use Lite version fsx.cfg at 1024 pixels unless if installed in P3Dv4. I also install any scenery in both FSX and P3Dv4 (same machine) from the same Developer. Regarding on selection if DD KSEA or T2G then is up to you. If you want T2G KSEA then from DD Airports X FSX and P3Dv4 installer, leave the option KSEA unselected to prevent SODE issues.

Patricio Valdes

Hi Crew:

I am having issues with this product.  I am not able to get the buildings at SEA to show.  The gates show, but no buildings.  I have run AEC and removed the two files listed on page 3 of this topic.  Also, I've made sure this scenery is on top of all other scenery in the library.

Thanks

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

9 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi Crew:

I am having issues with this product.  I am not able to get the buildings at SEA to show.  The gates show, but no buildings.  I have run AEC and removed the two files listed on page 3 of this topic.  Also, I've made sure this scenery is on top of all other scenery in the library.

Thanks

If you have installed T2G KSEA in P3Dv4 try v4.1 and also the update from the Developer.

Edited by trisho0
correcting

Patricio Valdes

Thanks everyone.  I was able to resolve my issue via support at the Developer's forum.  My issue was the scenery was in the sim library twice. 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home