Sign in to follow this  
ptr1959w

MS- FSX Deluxe Version or Gold Version?

Hi there,

I'm looking for a good low cost version of FSX. I don't want to spend over $100.00 for the Gold or Deluxe.I want to get the new one's .No used disc.Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

On occasion, FSX-SE will go on sale for $5.00.  It is equivalent to FSX with Acceleration.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, ptr1959w said:

Hi there,

I'm looking for a good low cost version of FSX. I don't want to spend over $100.00 for the Gold or Deluxe.I want to get the new one's .No used disc.Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to Microsoft FSX in Ebay, various editions, NEW as you requested! Charlie says $5.00 that would be a steal, and you should go for it! In reality you want new Gold or Deluxe, and I assume that means boxed for under $100. Good luck on that too! Why do you not want used or like new? If the discs are in good condition and the seller is offering the product key and manuals with it, you save lots of money! But that is your decision! Here is the link from items on Ebay, NEW!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Flight Simulator X&_dcat=139973&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Rick

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies and the info..The reason why i don't really like them used is they only have so many installation times I think..maybe I'm

wrong. If the disc are in very good condition then by all means I would buy them.

I purchase a boxed edition of the Gold about 3 years ago, discs were advertised in very good condition, came with a product key and I have never had a problem with them. I think I paid $60 w/ free shipping back then, have not installed the acceleration disk, as, I am not so sure my computer will meet it's demands! Right now, I have the 2 disks installed which is the same as you would get in a boxed Deluxe Edition, and my computer run FSX just fine! Now, to answer your concern of limited installations, Charlie Aron could better answer that! If you do decide to purchase used Deluxe or Gold boxed edition, I would definitely look for condition to be in very good to like new! Make sure the seller is providing you with a product key! Try not to go for the standard edition, as I believe you don't get as many default aircraft as the Deluxe or the Gold! New is nice, but as you will see on that Ebay link I provided you, those get very pricey!

I can't comment on the Steam Edition, as I am not that familiar with that edition and here again, Charlie would be able to give you any pros and cons of one vs the other! Oh, do you have a joystick? You definitely will need one. Many out there. I use an older CH Products Mach III joystick, Short, easy to handle and it doesn't take up a lot of room on the desk. These are older joysticks, still can find good ones out there, but they seem to have gone way up in price from what they were when they first came out. Many nice flight sticks out there!

Good luck and happy simming! - Rick

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply and info..I just found one for about $40.00 on Amazon..I just ordered it. I checked out the one's on Ebay.I do most of my buying on Amazon. I tried to sell something on Ebay but was totally ripped off.Thanks again.

Way to go, Now, start enjoying the program! Any problems, the flight sim Forum sites are the places to reach out to those wanting to help!

Happy Flying! - Rick

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, charliearon said:

On occasion, FSX-SE will go on sale for $5.00.  It is equivalent to FSX with Acceleration.

This was the best advice the OP got but sadly he seemed to ignore it. FSX-SE purchased on sale would have given him everything he wanted without worrying about disks and tweaks. Best of all, it would have cost him almost nothing and the money saved could be used for addons... Oh well.... If anyone else visits this thread, take Charlie's advice. FSX-SE is the way to go if you're not ready to move on to P3D4. It's everything that FSX should have been if Microsoft hadn't rushed it onto the market before it was ready.

You can get FSX-SE on Amazon right now for less than USD$20.....

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

If I did not already have a stable installation of FSX-Accel boxed, I would definitely go with FSX Steam.  I have actually bought FSX Steam, but have not made the switch to the Steam version.  Should something bad happen to my current installation, it will become history and I'll start using the Steam version. 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

One of the best features of FSX:SE is that the Steam platform will "auto-repair" problems when asked to do so.

:ha:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello guys,

Well awhile back I canceled that order about the disc's on Amazon and bought the steam edition. I love it it's great.. Thanks for the help.

Good decision! Now you should go and check out Orbx sceneries. They are on sale right now 47% off. They will boggle your mind! If you can only buy a few, go with the Global ones - landclass, vector and trees if you can do all three. Trust me, they are complete game-changers and you will be amazed at what they do to the look of the sim. There's also a lot of excellent freeware - Enjoy!!!