Sign in to follow this  
Ben Hitchmough

NGX 737 Graphics issues

Hi 

I'm looking for a bit of help in regards to some issues I have been experiencing on FSX: SE after installing the PMDG 737NGX.

I completed a fresh install of FSX and only added on REX 4 before installing the PMDG 737. I had tested the simulator with just REX 4 installed and everything was working fine with around about 45 - 60 FPS. However after I installed the PMDG 737 I started to notice some strange things happening. All my camera views seem to have gone into fish eye mode and everything looks very strange. My frame rate had dropped to 15 - 20FPS and after about 1 minute of being idle on the tarmac the aircraft started to bounce into the ground as if the ground wasn't there. I will list my computer parts below incase you think it may be something in regards to performance but the help would be much appreciated. Also when I revert back to a default aircraft everything seems to be fixed and frame rate returns back to normal. 

Thank you 

Ben H 

Processor - i5 7600k

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 

RAM - 16GB 

Are you talking about outside views of the aircraft when you say a "fish eye" view or mode? just as a trial, try pressing control+ spacebar to see if the view improves.  Can't say what's going on with the bouncy aircraft.

P.S. Welcome to the AVSIM/PMDG Support forum.😄

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

29 minutes ago, Ben Hitchmough said:

Hi 

I'm looking for a bit of help in regards to some issues I have been experiencing on FSX: SE after installing the PMDG 737NGX.

I completed a fresh install of FSX and only added on REX 4 before installing the PMDG 737. I had tested the simulator with just REX 4 installed and everything was working fine with around about 45 - 60 FPS. However after I installed the PMDG 737 I started to notice some strange things happening. All my camera views seem to have gone into fish eye mode and everything looks very strange. My frame rate had dropped to 15 - 20FPS and after about 1 minute of being idle on the tarmac the aircraft started to bounce into the ground as if the ground wasn't there. I will list my computer parts below incase you think it may be something in regards to performance but the help would be much appreciated. Also when I revert back to a default aircraft everything seems to be fixed and frame rate returns back to normal. 

Thank you 

Ben H 

Processor - i5 7600k

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 

RAM - 16GB 

A picture of the "fish eye" would be helpful, you can try what Charlie suggested.

Regarding the bouncing how do you load the aircraft in the sim? What is your start up flight?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

A picture of the "fish eye" would be helpful, you can try what Charlie suggested.

Regarding the bouncing how do you load the aircraft in the sim? What is your start up flight?

Hey 

Thanks for swift reply. I have fixed fish eye view seems for some reason every time I load in I have to press Ctrl Space to reset my camera view. I load the aircraft in the main screen choose my airport, date/time and weather and press Fly Now.  

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

Are you talking about outside views of the aircraft when you say a "fish eye" view or mode? just as a trial, try pressing control+ spacebar to see if the view improves.  Can't say what's going on with the bouncy aircraft.

P.S. Welcome to the AVSIM/PMDG Support forum.😄

This worked perfectly for the view thank you so much! 

Now I can tick it off the list, not part of a bigger problem good to know =D

P.S Good to be here 

On 4/29/2018 at 9:48 PM, Ben Hitchmough said:

I load the aircraft in the main screen

If you mean that you have saved the 737 as default start up plane then this is why it bounces. You need to start P3D and FSX  with a default airplane turning in the preview window (the trike or a default cessna etc) and then switch to the advanced addon before you click fly now.

always. 

And restart the sim to change airplanes or liveries. Always.