Sign in to follow this  
eke_flx

P3D4.2 With ATC - how to get to the terminal gate?

Hi,
I have a question -
After landing the plane, ATC will head the plane somewhere in the back of the airport, usually in the cargo area (ramp) and never at the terminal gate.
It still affects when i fly with  passengers airplanes (B737-B747,A318-A330,F50, S340, CRJ700-900 published by PMDG, Captain SIM, Aerosoft, BlackBox, Carenado and so on).
Also I usually fly at detailed aerodromes published by ORBX, Aerosoft, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FlyTampa, Justsim and so on.
Why?
I use also MyTraffic and airline traffic density in P3D4.2 is 40%.  At major airports it can happen that all gates are busy (Heatrow, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Stockholm) but at smaller airports I see that half the gates are free but ATC still sends my Passenger plane somewhere between warehouses. I also use well-known airlines SAS, Finnair, Lufthansa, British Airwais, Iberia, LOT (they all have their own reserved gates).
In addition i have  FSUIPC 5.123d and I'm set there (somewhere in the forum)
 Miscellaneous:
Limit TCAS range 40nm,
Set TCAS id string from "Flight"
AI Traffic Limit 200

Can anyone help here, how to get the ATC direct the aircraft to the airport terminal?

regards
Felix

12 minutes ago, eke_flx said:

Hi,
I have a question -
After landing the plane, ATC will head the plane somewhere in the back of the airport, usually in the cargo area (ramp) and never at the terminal gate.
It still affects when i fly with  passengers airplanes (B737-B747,A318-A330,F50, S340, CRJ700-900 published by PMDG, Captain SIM, Aerosoft, BlackBox, Carenado and so on).
Also I usually fly at detailed aerodromes published by ORBX, Aerosoft, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FlyTampa, Justsim and so on.
Why?
I use also MyTraffic and airline traffic density in P3D4.2 is 40%.  At major airports it can happen that all gates are busy (Heatrow, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Stockholm) but at smaller airports I see that half the gates are free but ATC still sends my Passenger plane somewhere between warehouses. I also use well-known airlines SAS, Finnair, Lufthansa, British Airwais, Iberia, LOT (they all have their own reserved gates).
In addition i have  FSUIPC 5.123d and I'm set there (somewhere in the forum)
 Miscellaneous:
Limit TCAS range 40nm,
Set TCAS id string from "Flight"
AI Traffic Limit 200

Can anyone help here, how to get the ATC direct the aircraft to the airport terminal?

regards
Felix

Why not get a real ATC Program like Pro ATC X. When you land, it will direct you to an open gate, will assign the gate by LIvery you are flying or you can select the arrival gate before takeoff. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You need two things:

1) an afcad file that has properly assigned parking for the airport you’re using (most payware airports have this, some are better than others)

2) correct entries in the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft your using.  They should look somethig like this:

atc_parking_types=ramp,gate

atc_parking_codes=ACA*

*this example is air canada, substitute the IATA code for the airline as appropriate.

Many aircraft (including payware) do not include the atc_ptarking_codes section so I expect that’s your issue.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

You need two things:

1) an afcad file that has properly assigned parking for the airport you’re using (most payware airports have this, some are better than others)

2) correct entries in the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft your using.  They should look somethig like this:

atc_parking_types=ramp,gate

atc_parking_codes=ACA*

*this example is air canada, substitute the IATA code for the airline as appropriate.

Many aircraft (including payware) do not include the atc_ptarking_codes section so I expect that’s your issue.

I will have to attempt this myself, when I fly my PMDG NGX into LatinVFR KMIA for P3Dv4, I always get sent to cargo, but I know my way around and just continue to my usual terminal.  Thank you for the lead.

54 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

I will have to attempt this myself, when I fly my PMDG NGX into LatinVFR KMIA for P3Dv4, I always get sent to cargo, but I know my way around and just continue to my usual terminal.  Thank you for the lead.

You’re quite welcome.  Unfortunately PMDG doesn’t include these codes, I’ve read before that some say only AI make use of the codes, but I have the same experience as you:  no codes, I get sent to some random corner of the airport.  With codes, I get sent where I should.  So unless this is some massive placebo effect the codes do make a difference for player aircraft as well.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I usually "cut" the radios after landing and after having a look at my paper chats (yes cuz i'm broke guys)and let GSX guide me to the gate I want. It's simple, unrealistic but works and is nearly free(just need GSX but it's a must). And after going to some airports many time you won't even need charts (Eg: AF320 arrival @LFPG: european skyteam arrival so F or G terminal)