Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

Does Active Sky Include Textures?

Does anyone know if Active Sky includes sky/cloud textures?

Thanks

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

Active Sky 2012, which is what I still use, did include a nice set of textures, but I don't think any other version does.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

5 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Ok.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, stans said:

Active Sky 2012, which is what I still use, did include a nice set of textures, but I don't think any other version does.

This is odd why an older version would have something that a newer version would not have.  Maybe they stopped including it in AS when ASCA was released.  Did ASCA exist back in 2012?

Another question, does Active Sky have real time weather syncing (as in syncing every few seconds) instead of having abrupt weather syncing every few minutes (as SkyForce has the abrupt weather syncing)

I am asking because I am considering moving to Active Sky from REX SkyForce because I am not 100% satisfied with it.

Thanks

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

9 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Ok.  Thanks I will look at it.

Caleb Byers

Active Sky 2012 has a slider that allows you to adjust the weather update intervals from 5 to 30 minutes.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

5 hours ago, stans said:

Active Sky 2012 has a slider that allows you to adjust the weather update intervals from 5 to 30 minutes.

Good to know...  Does anyone know how this works in ASP4 though?  Can it be 100% real time?

Thanks.

Caleb Byers

On 5/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, caleb1 said:

Ok.  Thanks.

This is odd why an older version would have something that a newer version would not have.  Maybe they stopped including it in AS when ASCA was released.  Did ASCA exist back in 2012?

Another question, does Active Sky have real time weather syncing (as in syncing every few seconds) instead of having abrupt weather syncing every few minutes (as SkyForce has the abrupt weather syncing)

I am asking because I am considering moving to Active Sky from REX SkyForce because I am not 100% satisfied with it.

Thanks

On 5/2/2018 at 8:33 AM, caleb1 said:

Good to know...  Does anyone know how this works in ASP4 though?  Can it be 100% real time?

Thanks.

Hi Caleb,

Thank you for your interest in HiFI SImulations.  ASCA was still in development in early 2016 and was released that summer.  With the addition of AS2016 and now ASP4 for Prepar3D v4.x there are smooth weather transitions, what you refer to as weather synching.  HiFi Simulations has pioneered the development of dynamic weather using the weather engine (AS16 or ASP4) and ASCA which allows for installation of textures in real time without the need to quit the sim and install new textures or themes.  All a user has to do is simply install a base texture and then select one of the dynamic themes that will take over the display of weather systems.  It is important to load a flight plan in order to provide the most accurate weather depiction along the route.

Come and see us at https://hifisimtech.com/forums/forum.php any time.

• Like 1

\Robert Hamlich/

On 5/3/2018 at 5:58 PM, HUSSAR said:

Hi Caleb,

Thank you for your interest in HiFI SImulations.  ASCA was still in development in early 2016 and was released that summer.  With the addition of AS2016 and now ASP4 for Prepar3D v4.x there are smooth weather transitions, what you refer to as weather synching.  HiFi Simulations has pioneered the development of dynamic weather using the weather engine (AS16 or ASP4) and ASCA which allows for installation of textures in real time without the need to quit the sim and install new textures or themes.  All a user has to do is simply install a base texture and then select one of the dynamic themes that will take over the display of weather systems.  It is important to load a flight plan in order to provide the most accurate weather depiction along the route.

Come and see us at https://hifisimtech.com/forums/forum.php any time.

Thanks.

Caleb Byers