Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Flashing ground tiles/textures

Anybody else having this issue at night or day thou barely noticible.

i was trying to take a pic but it happens to fast l.

where by after take off at any airport loooking out window of cockpit panning I get flashing textures tiles sporadic different areas.

then stop for a bit.

i pan again then same happens.

orbx global, lc NA installed 

moderate settings

25hz vsync on tripple buffet on 

unlimited FPS 

2 titans 6gb in sli

i74790k 4.7ghz

Same issue, sometimes with the same orbx addons. I only really notice it at night though. I'm sure reinstalling global and LC as well as deleting and reinstalling shaders would fix the problem. 

I have seen very fast flashing of some underlying texture too.  First I thought it was some scenery I am working on but then it happens with default ground textures.  Only notice it at night?  Can't recall when I first started to see this but I am using P3Dv4.1.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Had this problem before, and it I was able to find a post on Orbx's forum from Holger talking about how this happens with corrupt or otherwise a bad terrain.cfg file. 

I followed the steps on the forum and it did help to begin with, but eventually came back.

Jon Skiffington

Glad to know I’m not the only one with issue.

i was going bananas uninstalling 

reinstalling 

issues are never ending wow

mike

Generally speaking flashing ground tiles/ textures are a result of shoddy modelling where ground level tiles are placed on other textures which result in Z-bias fighting - where the layers are fighting to be seen amongst themselves because they consider themselves to be at ground level.

If it's only in Orbx I'd post on the Orbx site to see if that particular airport/ scenery will be corrected in an update. Otherwise - there's not  lot you can do about it apart from notch the sliders back - but who wants to do that. One bonus is the flashing can be seen through low vis and fog - making the approach easier ;-)

I've posted about this on the Orbx support forums but no help so far -- anyone here found a fix for this? Driving me crazy...

James

20 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I've posted about this on the Orbx support forums but no help so far -- anyone here found a fix for this? Driving me crazy...

James

There is no fix James - unless you're prepared to go in...

Orbx know it, Aerosoft, the lot of them. It's the ESP code that FSX and P3D (Yes, and P3D V4) is comprised of.

If you're serious about what you see out the cockpit window then you need to start here;

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/editing-ground-textures-for-updated-airport-scenery.441812/page-8#post-798929

But it's a bl**dy long road and for some it will lead only to despair. Good Luck!

#Timeforanewsim

I honestly don’t think what I’m taking about is a z-fighting issue (it’s not just around airports, it’s everywhere), but I could be wrong.