Sign in to follow this  
ztimbre

Dassault Falcon......Where?

I remember an excellent Dassault Falcon Biz Jet that I used in FS2002, and I seem to remember that this was made very usable in FS2004. However, I don't know how to find it. If you know of such a link for this jet, please let me know...and tell me what you think of it if you use it. Does it have a workable panel, and Sound?Thanks in advance.

Some like the older model located here in the Avsim forums under FS2k2 add-ons. Search the forums as there's a simple edit required in the FS9.cfg file to get the older version to work in FS2k4. I prefer the older model myself as it has better night lighting in the VC... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Go to the 'FSfrance' website for the latest model.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks,Been to the FSFrance website, but unable to locate it there. I translated the page, but still can't find direction to the Falcon.I found the older 2002 model (which is the one I want) here on AVSIM, but could you direct me to the patch or the config change necessary to change it to a good Fs2004 model. Thanks.

Guest PPSFA

I downloaded the one from the above link and it works great, tks!

Just go down the page till you find it. I got the 2002 and the 2004 model and copied and pasted the manual, notes, etc. from the 2002 to the 2004 so as to have it in english. Very good model!And yes, the above link works well. I prefer the FS2004 plane myself.

Guest LONEDOVE

Sure did like this AC in 2002, and just downloaded it from the site you supplied. All is great in the 2D mode, but the VC is OK, with the exception of blurries on the whole panel except the guages ??..Wonder if there is a fix for this ???...Its a great AC to fly..Many thanks,JimMesa.AZ"PARKED AT FALCCON FIELD"

GOT IT!Thanks everyone.I don't know why I love this plane so much. It's a real "sexy" plane to fly, and I remember seeing one in South Africa when I was there in October of last year. It had a South African Air Force livery. Saw it at an airport when we flew out of the "Bush" on our way back to Johannesburg. Amazing looking aircraft!Tell me, is there a way to "tweak" this plane to give it more guts?It seems like it can't get up to speed. Weak climbing and can't cruise at 300knts.I also want to find a realistic sound for her. Any ideas?

Dillon, any chance for more details about the thread with the edit. I cant find anything pertinent.Thanks.Dirk.

Go to:http://www.francevfr.com/index.htmScroll about 20% down the page to the image of the "Dassault Falcon 50" labeled: "Falcon 50 Freeware 27/08/2005".Then click on "Cliquez ici pour telecharger la version FS2004 du FALCON 50." which is directly below the image of the aircraft.I don't speak French either but this will give you the download to either run or save an execution installation file. This bird is one of my all time favorites! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.Happy flying:RTH1585368CFI

This bird is an old model in real life and does not perform like a new one would. It is after all a luxury craft. Look for some real specs and you will find that the model flies close to the real one. I personally have no trouble with it if I fly by the numbers. Have fun!!

I'll look and see what I can find... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest JSPuonti

Speaking of the Falcon, I find it odd how the developers have realized the Falcon's panel lighting.. They've essentially done each VCOCKPIT entry TWICE - one for backlit gauges and one without. The VC runs much smoother if you remove one set of the VCOCKPIT entries, but then you end up with no panel when your panel lights are on or off (depending on which set you remove - 1 and 2 are for non-backlit panel, 3 and 4 are for backlit).Does anyone here know how I could remove this "feature" so that I could remove one of the VCOCKPIT sets and improve panel performance? As it stands, no matter what kind of panel light switch I put on that panel, it STILL uses the odd "VCOCKPIT switch" technique.Is this feature defined in the AIR file or the MDL file? Or perhaps one of the GAU files? (which one?)

Hello Stan:I don't and never have flown a Falcon 50 real world so don't really know how much "guts" the real bird has. From what others have said, it is somewhat realistic for the FS model but I don't know if the source has any more knowledge than I do or not for the real thing.Similar especially to another FS9 exec. jet or two, I have found that you need to be careful of your weight. If anywhere near fully loaded you need to be sure you build speed before increasing your rate of climb too much. Step climbing may be needed. Cruise speed has not been a problem to me. I don't know what altitude you are trying to cruise at 300 knots, nor whether you mean IAS, TAS, or GS. It you are really up there and mean IAS, sounds a bit fast to me. If TAS, you are correct, something is amiss. What is your Gross Weight?If you insist on a hopped up model, you can edit "thrust_scalar = 1.0" to a higher number in the Jet Engine (in brackets) section of your aircraft.cfg file. If you want reality at all, you then may need to also edit fuel burn. Other factors may also become even more unrealistic. Too much power and you may find an exec. Jet hopping off of the runway like a J-3 Cub.Happy FlyingRTH1585368CFI