Sign in to follow this  
Marry pop pop

FSX crashing when loading up fslabs a320

When i load up the fslabs A320 i get a crash to desktop after a few seconds. This is the event viewer log:

fsx.exe

46fadb14

FSL_A32XX.DLL

5851d2e1

c0000005

006ec05b

01d3e19a24b32a99

D:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

D:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A32X\FSL_A32XX.DLL

08b263ef-134c-4e84-8587-ad5d5ae35fa5

Have the same issue. I've just not flown it hoping for a patch...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Where does the crash occur?  At startup?  Sounds like the .dll is loaded at startup.  Is it the latest version?  I haven't heard of everyone else having this problem.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have a feeling it is a permission thingy like in the past - https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/7178-installation-instructions-for-a320-x-fsx/

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

When this happens, load a default aircraft at your airport of choice then try loading the third party aircraft.  There is a bug in FSX, which has carried over into P3D, which just requires certain aircraft to be loaded first, to initialize the sims.  Hope this helps...

John

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

When this happens, load a default aircraft at your airport of choice then try loading the third party aircraft.

Agreed. I always start my FSL A320 sessions by loading the trike first.

As an aside, John, are you happy with your 1060? I would, obviously, like a 1080 (ti or non-ti) but it is way above what I can afford at the moment. The 1070 would be my next choice but even those are still very pricey. Since I have no plans moving to 1440p and am content for the time being to use 1080p would there be very much of a difference between a "base" 1070 and a 6GB 1060SC performance and quality wise?

Cheers.

Edited by speedyTC

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

8 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

Agreed. I always start my FSL A320 sessions by loading the trike first.

As an aside, John, are you happy with your 1060? I would, obviously, like a 1080 (ti or non-ti) but it is way above what I can afford at the moment. The 1070 would be my next choice but even those are still very pricey atm. Since I have no plans moving to 1440p and am content for the time being to use 1080p would there be very much of a difference between a "base" 1070 and a 6GB 1060SC performance and quality wise?

Cheers.

The 1060 was bundled with my system, and I have been very happy with it.  It gets me over that "30 fps" sweetspot I seek in flightsims, and in the 70's and 80's in other benchmarks and 3D sims, like No Limits Coaster 2.  I chose my system because I felt it would give me the biggest bang for my buck, not running so fast that heat would be an issue, just fast enough to serve my needs.  I wanted something at least a third better than my old cpu, and I got that and much more, double the performance in some situations.  For me it is all about fluidity with no tweaking, the system needed no tweaking when I bought it, no Nvidia tweaks.  It is because I run lean and mean on background apps and services, the only background app running is GeForce's own video capture program, which I have used of late to capture some of the videos here in the video forums.  The last part of my triad, cpu and gpu, is my controller, a logitech extreme 3d pro, which relieves me of having to use rudder pedals in favor of a twist rudder.  It has the perfect feel, built in null zones, has the feel of a real stick on a real aircraft, even without force feedback there is a resistance there which is just perfect.  I was on my way to get another controller when I found it at Fry's Electronics, and it sealed the deal for my simming enjoyment.

John

Edited by Cactus521

22 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

it would give me the biggest bang for my buck,

Exactly what I'm looking for, keeping in mind that I will be making a move to P3Dv4.* in the near future.

Cheers!

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

2 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

Exactly what I'm looking for, keeping in mind that I will be making a move to P3Dv4.* in the near future.

Cheers!

My rig is an MSI Vortex, my speakers I have came with my old Gateway, they are USB powered and I have had them ten years, my monitor is a ten year old Samsung Widescreen, not even a stuck pixel after all these years.  Samsung seems to make merchandise that lasts forever, these LCD monitors just do not seem to wear out.  I remember the old CRT's I used to sim with, they would get burn in or worse, plus heat up the room like a small fireplace.  MSI has been recommended on and off in these forums for a couple of decades now, they are one of the best out there.

The only thing my setup lacks is a TV tuner card, but nowadays I use Hulu when I am in the mood for TV, better and cheaper than cable and I never run out of things to watch.

John

Resolved here

Yes they are working on a patch. In the meantime the solution posted worked for me.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

21 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Where does the crash occur?  At startup?  Sounds like the .dll is loaded at startup.  Is it the latest version?  I haven't heard of everyone else having this problem.

To clear up any confusion, the crash occurs when loading into the scenario in fsx. I see the cockpit for like 5 seconds with the windows loading wheel and then fsx crashes.

On 5/2/2018 at 12:47 AM, Cactus521 said:

When this happens, load a default aircraft at your airport of choice then try loading the third party aircraft.  There is a bug in FSX, which has carried over into P3D, which just requires certain aircraft to be loaded first, to initialize the sims.  Hope this helps...

John

I do indeed load up the trike before loading the a320  but with or without still no luck.

19 hours ago, Gintaras Bidva said:

I do indeed load up the trike before loading the a320  but with or without still no luck.

I think it has something to do with permissions as I stated above but here is one possible fix - https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/9386-fsl_a32xxdll-causing-crash/

When you installed the A320, you should have seen security warnings to accept the loading of modules.  If not, then maybe your anti-virus program has quarantined one of the modules.  You should only install FSX addons with the anti-virus program disabled or exempt the program from being scanned during installation.

Submit News to AVSIM

I've just bought me my -by far, single most expensive aircraft(the FSL A320 for FSX) and it doesn't even get through the initialization process. I can't even click on anything in the VC. I just don't know what to do, and by all their wisdom they've also restricted their forums so only people they approved could write anything. The problem is, that it appears like non of the admins are "at home". And all I get is this nice little screen that says "Ooops! You do not have permission to view this content." Ooops?!?