Sign in to follow this  
Wailbal

AI Traffic with X-Plane

I enjoy flying in XP11 in Samsung Oddssy VR with Cirrus SF50 or the Zibo 737, and I like it as real as it gets with talking to ATC in heavy traffic.

I do sometime fly online on the IVAO network, but I prefer offline mostly.

For offline realism I use the combination of:

- P2ATC (ATC)

- World Traffic 3 (Traffic)

- ATC chatter (background ATC chatter)

- MCE (as FO when flying Zibo 737)

- IVONA sounds for ATC and FO

Everything is working fine except for two things:

- I can see the WT3 traffic but not shown in my TCAS radar

- P2ATC can's see the WT3 traffic also

Finding a solution for the first one, helped me to solve the other .. partially

By this post, from a gentleman call ceo1944:

HERE

Basically you have to add AI aircraft manually, not like what WT3 guide stated, to be like this:

UOc2g9K.jpg

Now traffic are shown in TCAS radar, and P2ATC is aware of them, and giving me new instructions I never heard it before, like:

- Traffic at 1 O'Clock at 11,000 feet

- Cleared to land number 2

- Aircraft on runway go missed approach

- Lineup and wait

It is amazing, really joyful ...

The only thing missing is that P2ATC can't control or talk to the WT3, I talked to Dave and told me this is something in WT3 side, I'll try to contact them.

Have a look at this video, I was enjoying the decent to Duabi Intl on the back seat of the SF50 and the P2ATC warns me on traffic before the TCAS, so I jumped the captain seat and had a look at the passing by traffic though the windows, then you can see that I looked at the map with all the traffic as back dots in a  usual busy Dubai airport.

I would like to thank Dave and P2ATC team for the interaction and for this fabulous app 

Sorry for making this long, I hope you find this useful 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, llanddewi said:

Thanks! Awesome indeed! I know interaction with P2A was or is on the agenda for WT3 - see the feature list item 'Finish Pilot2ATC interface' here: http://classicjetsims.com/WorldTraffic/bugs.html

It would be great if this could indeed be finished!!

Good to know, 65% finished as per them, can’t wait.

Have a look at my other video here how it may all work together:

Thanks

I have this configuration set up, and p2atc see's all the traffic and it's great.  I get the number 2 for landing instructions, which is also great.  One question though.  Under what circumstances (in this configuration) would i get a 'line up and wait' instruction?  I've been in a line of 4 planes, and moved my way up to the hold short point, and then called in with ready for departure at that point.  P2ATC always just gives me the cleared for takeoff instruction even if the other plane on the runway hasn't gotten off the ground yet.  Wondering what order of steps others are doing to get this instruction.

Thanks,

Joe

I also get no instruction to line up and wait. Why? Is there a special setting which has to be done?

Edited by furrer411

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Wailbal said:

I enjoy flying in XP11 in Samsung Oddssy VR with Cirrus SF50 or the Zibo 737, and I like it as real as it gets with talking to ATC in heavy traffic.

I do sometime fly online on the IVAO network, but I prefer offline mostly.

For offline realism I use the combination of:

- P2ATC (ATC)

- World Traffic 3 (Traffic)

- ATC chatter (background ATC chatter)

- MCE (as FO when flying Zibo 737)

- IVONA sounds for ATC and FO

Everything is working fine except for two things:

- I can see the WT3 traffic but not shown in my TCAS radar

- P2ATC can's see the WT3 traffic also

Finding a solution for the first one, helped me to solve the other .. partially

By this post, from a gentleman call ceo1944:

HERE

Basically you have to add AI aircraft manually, not like what WT3 guide stated, to be like this:

UOc2g9K.jpg

Now traffic are shown in TCAS radar, and P2ATC is aware of them, and giving me new instructions I never heard it before, like:

- Lineup and wait

It is amazing, really joyful ...

The only thing missing is that P2ATC can't control or talk to the WT3, I talked to Dave and told me this is something in WT3 side, I'll try to contact them.

Have a look at this video, I was enjoying the decent to Duabi Intl on the back seat of the SF50 and the P2ATC warns me on traffic before the TCAS, so I jumped the captain seat and had a look at the passing by traffic though the windows, then you can see that I looked at the map with all the traffic as back dots in a  usual busy Dubai airport.

I would like to thank Dave and P2ATC team for the interaction and for this fabulous app 

Sorry for making this long, I hope you find this useful 

I'm new to XP11 (from FSX/P3D) and have considered P2A. One stumbling block for me is the P2A required window. That iPhone looking small window to the left that says 'RESET PILOT VIEW" (or something similar); is that the P2A window? 

On 5/22/2018 at 9:34 AM, furrer411 said:

I also get no instruction to line up and wait. Why? Is there a special setting which has to be done?

It happened to me once, there was a plane on the runway, as it started rolling the ATC asked me to lineup and wait.

It didn't happen again, with many variation I tried 

The only time you should expect a "Line up and wait" is when there is landing or departing traffic on the runway and final approach is clear.

If there is no traffic on the runway, you will get takeoff clearance.

Dave

I am not hearing any of the following

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, Les Parson said:

- Lineup and wait

does any one have any idea why?

On 5/31/2018 at 6:11 PM, floydcox said:

I am not hearing any of the following

does any one have any idea why?

Do you see traffic around you or in TCAS radar? 

If no: please use the guide above to set the ai traffic on

If yes: maybe you haven’t got into a situation to trigger the call out as Dave said, keep the traffice slider in WT3 to max to increase the chance

I used to hear these types of report about a month ago, now nothing other than clearance, taxi and takeoff instructions and radar contact when airborne. I use WT3 and have visible planes that show on the TCAS display on the aircraft GTN750.

If the traffic does not show on the P2A map, then it is not visible to P2A.  Click the Traffic button under the map (Far right gold airplane) 3 times to show both airborne and ground traffic.

Dave

Is it because I use world traffic 3 as ai aircraft in x plane 11? if I use laminar research aircraft I assume it might reappear?

Yes, that would do it.

The first post in this thread points to a topic that outlines how some have been able to make the Laminar AI Traffic, which is visible, be driven by WT3. 

Dave

19 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If the traffic does not show on the P2A map, then it is not visible to P2A.  Click the Traffic button under the map (Far right gold airplane) 3 times to show both airborne and ground traffic.

Dave

This information is new for me, thanks