Sign in to follow this  
Wailbal

AI Traffic with X-Plane

I may be doing somthing wrong but im hoping someone will help me with this. I start xplane. load plane and airport. i went into went into world traffic 3 and set up the 19 world traffic AI aircraft. They do show up on the airplanes tcas. they do not register with pilot2atc. i have hit the button at the bottom to show ground and air traffic i have gone into the config and turned it on in there. I even uninstalled Pilot2atc because it seems to be what it isnt working on. All this and it still will not show me the aircraft. As is said world traffic AI are on tcas but not pilot2atc please help me.

I seem to recall running into this problem and I needed to go to the newer version of XPUIPC. I got it from the German site. I'm not home right now so I can't check the version of XPUIPC I have but if you are running an older version it might be worth a try to install the latest.

Mark

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Wailbal said:

I enjoy flying in XP11 in Samsung Oddssy VR with Cirrus SF50 or the Zibo 737, and I like it as real as it gets with talking to ATC in heavy traffic.

I do sometime fly online on the IVAO network, but I prefer offline mostly.

For offline realism I use the combination of:

- P2ATC (ATC)

- World Traffic 3 (Traffic)

- ATC chatter (background ATC chatter)

- MCE (as FO when flying Zibo 737)

- IVONA sounds for ATC and FO

Everything is working fine except for two things:

- I can see the WT3 traffic but not shown in my TCAS radar

- P2ATC can's see the WT3 traffic also

Finding a solution for the first one, helped me to solve the other .. partially

By this post, from a gentleman call ceo1944:

HERE

Basically you have to add AI aircraft manually, not like what WT3 guide stated, to be like this:

UOc2g9K.jpg

Now traffic are shown in TCAS radar, and P2ATC is aware of them, and giving me new instructions I never heard it before, like:

- Traffic at 1 O'Clock at 11,000 feet

- Cleared to land number 2

- Aircraft on runway go missed approach

- Lineup and wait

It is amazing, really joyful ...

The only thing missing is that P2ATC can't control or talk to the WT3, I talked to Dave and told me this is something in WT3 side, I'll try to contact them.

Have a look at this video, I was enjoying the decent to Duabi Intl on the back seat of the SF50 and the P2ATC warns me on traffic before the TCAS, so I jumped the captain seat and had a look at the passing by traffic though the windows, then you can see that I looked at the map with all the traffic as back dots in a  usual busy Dubai airport.

I would like to thank Dave and P2ATC team for the interaction and for this fabulous app 

Sorry for making this long, I hope you find this useful 

I don't understand how you got to the 19 World Traffic as AI aircraft. You mention one must add manually; can you elaborate? YouTube and WT manuals aren't working for me. 

many thanks. 

8 hours ago, Les Parson said:

I don't understand how you got to the 19 World Traffic as AI aircraft. You mention one must add manually; can you elaborate? YouTube and WT manuals aren't working for me. 

many thanks. 

You have to add them manually one by one:

- Tap on the “Ai Aircarft (x)” on the top right of the aircraft selection menu

- If you have aircafts listed there, tab on “Edit” beside it

- Select “World Traffic (Other)”, you will not see this option if you don’t install WT3 properly.

- You can add more aircarfts as you like the same way

- Make sure to untick “Randomize aircraft each flight”, just as the 1st picture in beginning of this post.  

Enjoy

4 hours ago, Wailbal said:

You have to add them manually one by one:

- Tap on the “Ai Aircarft (x)” on the top right of the aircraft selection menu

- If you have aircafts listed there, tab on “Edit” beside it

- Select “World Traffic (Other)”, you will not see this option if you don’t install WT3 properly.

- You can add more aircarfts as you like the same way

- Make sure to untick “Randomize aircraft each flight”, just as the 1st picture in beginning of this post.  

Enjoy

Thanks for the assistance. It looks like I didn't install WT3 correctly as I don't see the option as you mention in your third point. I will perform a reinstall of WT3. 

That does work!  So, now the ball is in WT3's court as far as P2ATC talking to WT3 aircraft?  That will be great!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I seem to be doing something wrong.  I have WT3 installed correctly, and PIlot2atc correctly.  I set up my AI aircraft to World Traffic (Other) as described, making sure I followed the directions.  I see lots of traffic on the X-plane map, but still nothing in Pilot2atc no matter what I do.  Can anyone help?

Can someone confirm if ATC tells you to wait for an arriving aircraft before taking off? No matter what, if I ask for take off, ATC always gives clearence, even with inbound aircraft about to touch down... still while in the air, I have traffic warnings and I can see it on the ND.

Is this the way it works?

Edited by S3rg1o

Yes, if P2A can see the traffic, and determine it is landing on your runway, it will hold you short.  With X-Plane, this determination is not always accurate because X-Plane traffic does not have as much info attached as does P3D or FSX, so the program has to make a lot of guesses, but it still does this most of the time.

It's very possible the inbound traffic is not visible if not using native X-Plane traffic, depending on how you have your traffic engine set up.  Turn the traffic on in the map and see if the traffic is visible in red, approaching the runway.

Dave

Yes, I can see the incoming airborne traffic, but I don't see any indication of taxiing aircraft...

One more question, regarding active runway. I've created a flight plan in simbrief, with historical weather snapshot from active sky. In x-plane I set the flight to the same date in time as in simbrief, and weather is loaded from active sky also. When I taxi to departure runway, ATC sends me to opposite direction of take off and landing, meaning, when I face instruted direction I see traffic coming towards me head on… 

Did I miss sometinhg?

Wind is not the only factor in runway assignments.  If you need a particular runway, set your departure runway in the SID selection window and check the "Force Dep Rwy" option in that window.  Then press the Set Rwy button.  That should give you the runway you want, regardless of other factors.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

5 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Wind is not the only factor in runway assignments.  If you need a particular runway, set your departure runway in the SID selection window and check the "Force Dep Rwy" option in that window.  Then press the Set Rwy button.  That should give you the runway you want, regardless of other factors.

Dave

Yes, but the weird part is the departure runway and SID are the recomended by the app, so I don't understand why it recomends a runway with incoming traffic on the oposite direction...

P2A attempts to determine the SIM active runway, but quite often that information is not availabe...so most of the time, P2A has to choose a runway.  If it is available, it will use the SIM runway.

Dave