Sign in to follow this  
Wailbal

AI Traffic with X-Plane

I'm stil trying to figure how does P2A sets DEP and ARR runways, because i always had opposite runways set by WorldTraffic for WT AI planes.. in short  I've always seen a bunch of aircraft coming head-on to land as I was taking off… 

However the recent WT update (test version 3.1.10T) now allows to set DEP and ARR runways accordingly, in this case, I can change them if needed after setting a flighplan.

Edited by S3rg1o

I have setup ai using the instructions here but i dont get any "line up and wait" "Aircraft on runway go missed approach"

I can see p2a have planes in air and it seem to work okay but not on the ground or incoming traffic. Any idea?

You will only get line up and wait if there is a plane on the runway and no traffic on final.  If there is constantly traffic on final, you should turn down the traffic so you get a chance to take off.

Dave

15 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You will only get line up and wait if there is a plane on the runway and no traffic on final.  If there is constantly traffic on final, you should turn down the traffic so you get a chance to take off.

Dave

Thanks! i will try a bit more and see if i can reproduce it somehow, would still be cool if there was a perfect integration with another AI plugin such as wt3:) You probably working on it already! i also wonder what voices i can buy for the plugin? i tried ivona but are there any others you recommend?

Lots of users have IVONA and CereProc voices.  Nextup.com sells various voices including these 2.

Just be sure you get voices meant for 64bit Windows and SAPI 5 compliant.  There's a whole thread on this topic in the Pinned Topics of this P2A support forum.

Dave

On 5/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Dave

How to turn down the traffic? Is it possible to reconnect at a later stage of flight?

Thanks.

Does anyone know what the situation is with Traffic Global in X-Plane?

Do I have to use the plugin "P2A_XPLink" AND add all 19 AI planes as "Traffic Global TCAS" or is the plugin alone enough?

Searched through the "missed approach" threads and did not see any discussions about the request for a new approach, so....

• fly the approach, "<call sign> cleared to land"
  • then,  "<call sign>... fly the missed approach"
  • turn, climb,  fly to HOLD
  • what phrase does P2A need to hear to fly another approach?  This is not covered in the P2A docs.
    • tried "<call sign> request approach to runway 31 at kilo lima golf alpha"   and I get "<call sign> this .... say your request"
    • tried "<call sign> holding at GREKO request new approach"  then same thing

thanks!

Is it known that at the moment Traffic Global with X-Plane 12 is not being communicated with by P2ATC?

Also, lately I had P2ATC say "wined" istead of "whinds", although I checked the box...

And, most important of all - the plugin frequently stops working in mid-flight. Sometimes I get it to work again by fiddeling around and requesting assigned frequency, but not always...

On the beta 5 here

Just coming in for a quick update here...

Is now that Laminar seemingly has opened the AI Traffic Source Codes (?) possible that P2ATC communicates with them?