Wailbal

AI Traffic with X-Plane

Yes, if P2A can see the traffic, and determine it is landing on your runway, it will hold you short.  With X-Plane, this determination is not always accurate because X-Plane traffic does not have as much info attached as does P3D or FSX, so the program has to make a lot of guesses, but it still does this most of the time.

It's very possible the inbound traffic is not visible if not using native X-Plane traffic, depending on how you have your traffic engine set up.  Turn the traffic on in the map and see if the traffic is visible in red, approaching the runway.

Dave

Yes, I can see the incoming airborne traffic, but I don't see any indication of taxiing aircraft...

One more question, regarding active runway. I've created a flight plan in simbrief, with historical weather snapshot from active sky. In x-plane I set the flight to the same date in time as in simbrief, and weather is loaded from active sky also. When I taxi to departure runway, ATC sends me to opposite direction of take off and landing, meaning, when I face instruted direction I see traffic coming towards me head on… 

Did I miss sometinhg?

Posted (edited)

Wind is not the only factor in runway assignments.  If you need a particular runway, set your departure runway in the SID selection window and check the "Force Dep Rwy" option in that window.  Then press the Set Rwy button.  That should give you the runway you want, regardless of other factors.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

5 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Wind is not the only factor in runway assignments.  If you need a particular runway, set your departure runway in the SID selection window and check the "Force Dep Rwy" option in that window.  Then press the Set Rwy button.  That should give you the runway you want, regardless of other factors.

Dave

Yes, but the weird part is the departure runway and SID are the recomended by the app, so I don't understand why it recomends a runway with incoming traffic on the oposite direction...

P2A attempts to determine the SIM active runway, but quite often that information is not availabe...so most of the time, P2A has to choose a runway.  If it is available, it will use the SIM runway.

Dave

Posted (edited)

I'm stil trying to figure how does P2A sets DEP and ARR runways, because i always had opposite runways set by WorldTraffic for WT AI planes.. in short  I've always seen a bunch of aircraft coming head-on to land as I was taking off… 

However the recent WT update (test version 3.1.10T) now allows to set DEP and ARR runways accordingly, in this case, I can change them if needed after setting a flighplan.

Edited by S3rg1o

I have setup ai using the instructions here but i dont get any "line up and wait" "Aircraft on runway go missed approach"

I can see p2a have planes in air and it seem to work okay but not on the ground or incoming traffic. Any idea?

You will only get line up and wait if there is a plane on the runway and no traffic on final.  If there is constantly traffic on final, you should turn down the traffic so you get a chance to take off.

Dave

15 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You will only get line up and wait if there is a plane on the runway and no traffic on final.  If there is constantly traffic on final, you should turn down the traffic so you get a chance to take off.

Dave

Thanks! i will try a bit more and see if i can reproduce it somehow, would still be cool if there was a perfect integration with another AI plugin such as wt3:) You probably working on it already! i also wonder what voices i can buy for the plugin? i tried ivona but are there any others you recommend?

Lots of users have IVONA and CereProc voices.  Nextup.com sells various voices including these 2.

Just be sure you get voices meant for 64bit Windows and SAPI 5 compliant.  There's a whole thread on this topic in the Pinned Topics of this P2A support forum.

Dave

On 5/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Dave

How to turn down the traffic? Is it possible to reconnect at a later stage of flight?

Thanks.