Sign in to follow this  
nealmac

GSX not matching up to gate positions

Ok, so basically I'm fed up with GSX not matching up with where the gate positions should be, Also I had the trial version of Aiviasoft EFB and I was having a similar problem with taxiways not matching up. I also want to buy the full version of EFB, but if this is going to be an on-going problem then it's really not worth it. I also have similar problems with ProATCx taxiiways not displaying correctly. Is there some sort of a one-stop ritual I can run through that will sort this out once and for all? Here's a list of addons I use that are more than likely contributing to the problem:

ProATCx

GSX

MyTraffic 6

And obviously various addon airports from the usual developers, Aerosoft, UK2000, FSDT, Fly Tampa, Orbx, Flight Beam, Drzewiecki and probably loads of others I can't think of off-hand.

I'm using P3Dv4 by the way.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I'm guessing MyTraffic6 is the problem, I found when I used it the sim would use the mytraffic AFCAD's which would mess up other add-ons like GSX. I couldn't find a simple fix apart from stop using my traffic unfortunately.

You can see which AFCAD GSX is using my going into the settings > gate settings and at the top there is a folder path, I'm willing bet its pointing to a file in your mytraffic folder

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Ok, so basically I'm fed up with GSX not matching up with where the gate positions should be, Also I had the trial version of Aiviasoft EFB and I was having a similar problem with taxiways not matching up. I also want to buy the full version of EFB, but if this is going to be an on-going problem then it's really not worth it. I also have similar problems with ProATCx taxiiways not displaying correctly. Is there some sort of a one-stop ritual I can run through that will sort this out once and for all? Here's a list of addons I use that are more than likely contributing to the problem:

ProATCx

GSX

MyTraffic 6

And obviously various addon airports from the usual developers, Aerosoft, UK2000, FSDT, Fly Tampa, Orbx, Flight Beam, Drzewiecki and probably loads of others I can't think of off-hand.

I'm using P3Dv4 by the way.

Hi Neal

Most likely afcad conflict.

Have you disabled all the mytraffic files for all of your third-party airport addons? If not, locate the BR2_*.bgl (e.g. BR2_KSFO.BGL etc.) in your <install DIR>:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery and change the .bgl extension to OFF. Alternatively, you could create a duplicates directory and then just move the conflicting file there - be aware that some airports may have more than one file in MT6.

Once done, run liveupdate for FSDT, reload data configs for the likes of Aivlasoft and check whether your issues have been resolved

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Edit: I think both Litmoose and voske have narrowed in on the same solution 🙂

Edited by Tokitaumelie

27 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

You can see which AFCAD GSX is using my going into the settings > gate settings and at the top there is a folder path, I'm willing bet its pointing to a file in your mytraffic folder

Hi Litmoose.  I spent a bit of time trying to find the "gate settings" you referenced but the AFCAD path you referred to wasn't in the "GSX/Settings" menu.  From within P3Dv4.2 I found the AFCAD path under the "Add-ons/GSX/Customize airport positions..." menu. 

Not being critical here at all, just trying to make it a bit clearer.  I appreciate you pointing out that the path to the AFCAD is indeed revealed within GSX so users can troubleshoot conflicts.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

17 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hi Litmoose.  I spent a bit of time trying to find the "gate settings" you referenced but the AFCAD path you referred to wasn't in the "GSX/Settings" menu.  From within P3Dv4.2 I found the AFCAD path under the "Add-ons/GSX/Customize airport positions..." menu. 

Not being critical here at all, just trying to make it a bit clearer.  I appreciate you pointing out that the path to the AFCAD is indeed revealed within GSX so users can troubleshoot conflicts.  Thanks.

Apologies I was going from memory unfortunately, I'm at work at the moment

1 hour ago, Litmoose said:

Apologies I was going from memory unfortunately, I'm at work at the moment

No worries, my friend.  I appreciate the tip.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Cheers guys. Yeah, I kinda had my suspicions that MT6 may have been the culprit. However, I was hoping that it was something that could be fixed by deleting a few files, rather than having to remove it completely haha. I'll have a look later for duplicate AFCAD files.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Hi Neal, I have GSX Pro ATC-X & MT6 plus a plethora of add-on airports and have never experienced problems with Afcads, I don't even have to delete duplicate bgl's!  Have you tried running MakeRunways?

Dell S2417DG QHD G-SYNC 165Mhz | Gainward Phoenix GS GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | Intel i7 8086K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI Formula  | Corsair  500D RGB  |  Corsair AX860i | Corsair Dominator Vengeance RGB DDR4 32GB 3200Mhz | Corsair H115i Platinum RGB  | Samsung Evo SSD 2 x 1000GB  | WD Black 2 TB | SoundBlaster Z | Track IR 5 | Harmon Kardon HK695  |

Simply, whenever I have an addon airport, I go to my traffic scenery folder and find the respective airport afcad file and move it to a backup folder. You can’t have two afcad files for the same airport.

Edited by nam1394

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

2 hours ago, Air_Jordan said:

Hi Neal, I have GSX Pro ATC-X & MT6 plus a plethora of add-on airports and have never experienced problems with Afcads, I don't even have to delete duplicate bgl's!  Have you tried running MakeRunways?

Yeah I have. Many times mate.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, nam1394 said:

Simply, whenever I have an addon airport, I go to my traffic scenery folder and find the respective airport afcad file and move it to a backup folder. You can’t have two afcad files for the same airport.

Ok. This is something I never do. I wonder could it be that simple? I'll try that now.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

In Poppet's P3D tips and tricks, there is a post specifically about this topic.

Jeff Callender

Jeff Callender

3 hours ago, nealmac said:

Ok. This is something I never do. I wonder could it be that simple? I'll try that now.

Neal, anytime you have an issue like what you described it’s often due to a duplicate ACFAD. You can open the GSX tool while in the sim and it will tell you which AFACD it’s reading and the location so that you can go disable it. Generally if you have a 3rd party airport it’s best to disable any other AFCADs installed by either removing them or renaming them to .off or .bak.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks guys.

Ok, I've removed All AFCAD files from the MyTraffic/Scenery folder. I've tested about 1 of them and most seem to be working. I'm still having issues with UK2000's Liverpool and Gatwick. I thought it might be a UK2000 issue, but my UK2000 Manchester sees to be working ok. I have another 20 or so payware airports to test. I hope to do these this evening.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough