Sign in to follow this  
mixen82

Some AI Traffic behaving strange in P3D v4.

Hi Guys,

now that P3D has 64bit support, I have finally made the jump from good old FS9 to the new platform. After playing around a bit I have started to insert AI Traffic into it. Everything works well, except for some AI models behaving strange:

When approaching their destination airport, the aircraft descent to about 2000-2500ft, but instead of aligning with the active runway for landing, the planes just keep their altitude and just overfly the airport. When they pass it, they just keep flying until they disappear due to exiting the AI display radius. This does not happen to all models, I have just watched this with the following models: OSP's ATRs, FSP's B788,789 and A350 as well as TFS's Dash 8. all other models are working just fine. 

I'm courious now if this is a known problem that more people are facing and if there is a solution for this? All models used are either P3D v4 native or the updated models that are fully compatible with P3D v4. 

Does anyone have an idea what this might cause and if there is a way around it?

Thanks and Cheers

Mike

AI traffic is still a neglected child of P3Dv4. IMO the ai engine needs a complete overhaul. 

Edited by Nemo
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Check that the [Radios] section is in aircraft.cfg for these AI.

If they are not there, just copy the same section from one of the working AI.

This section is needed for the AI to contact ATC. Otherwise they will not land or take off.

Not sure if this is your problem, but worth a check.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

1 minute ago, kmagelie said:

Check that the [Radios] section is in aircraft.cfg for these AI.

If they are not there, just copy the same section from one of the working AI.

This section is needed for the AI to contact ATC. Otherwise they will not land or take off.

Not sure if this is your problem, but worth a check.

I think you are right. Whenever I am using the default ATC, I hear the ATC talking to an AI plane and it doesn’t respond until the IFR is canceld. This happens with my traffic 6.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Ok, didn't think about that. I will try that and see how it turns out. Will let you know if this solves the issue. Thanks guys.

IMO the ai engine needs a complete overhaul. 

It does, but it's still way better than what others have to offer. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Where did you get the models from? I don't think the ATR's are v4 compatible, there's a whole list of v4 compatible and not compatible models over at AIG's forums.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Where did you get the models from? I don't think the ATR's are v4 compatible, there's a whole list of v4 compatible and not compatible models over at AIG's forums.

At AIG's forums there are updated models for the OSP ATRs that make them compatible with v4.

12 hours ago, Drumcode said:

The vast majority of aircraft commonly seen around the world have now been converted for v4

Edited by Ian S

Ian S

38.jpg

15 hours ago, mixen82 said:

Ok, didn't think about that. I will try that and see how it turns out. Will let you know if this solves the issue. Thanks guys.

Yeah I second what Kay wrote.   A few of the aircraft configs were missing Radio sections.   I think either AIG or maybe it was MAIW have a tool you can download that will search your AI folder to see if configs are missing this section and let you know which ones.   then its just a simple copy paste to fix.   

Another way to tell is if planes are at the gate but not moving at all.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png