Sign in to follow this  
giltender

Flight 1 GTN 750/650 and G600/500 integration

I would love to put the new G600/500 package from flight 1 into the Seneca but I don't understand how you can do that if you can't put the GTN 750 into the Seneca as it is required for the G600/500 to work.  Has anyone successfully put either the 750 or 2 650's into the Seneca? Obviously I would rather have it in the VC but how do I add it as a pop up? Flight 1 should be begging Carenado to release an installer for their products for the Seneca as they would sell a lot more G600/500 units!

I thought that the G600 could work with a GNS unit (not just the GTN)..

From the Flight1 web site:

The G500/G600 is the perfect companion for your Flight1 GTN 750, GTN 650, GNS 530 or GNS 430.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

The GTN 750 works fine with the Seneca V with the Flight 1 G500/600 installed in the VC. Whether or not you don't mind viewing the GTN 750 inside the Carenado GNS 530 in the VC is up to you, but you don't need to buy the Flight 1 GNS 530/430 to use the Flight 1 G500/600 in the Seneca V. I haven't purchased this aircraft yet, but I know it will work as I've seen people here on Avsim with no issues, I'm using the same method on the Carenado P46T Malibu JetProp DL and it works fine.

Andrew Walker

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the F1 G500/600 gauges and the ones already present in the Carenado Seneca V? Is it just the terrain feature? I've been thinking about getting the GNS 530/430 gps units and using them with the displays already supplied. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

The one that come with the airplane are typical Carenado quality.. OK, but not entirely accurate.  The F1 units are like the real units, fully functional and crisp, accurate graphics.

Bert

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The F1 units are like the real units, fully functional and crisp, accurate graphics.

Thanks Bert, no doubt they are great units. So then Carenado supplied displays are at least compatible with the F1 GNS units (the 530/430 package) allowing people like myself to split the purchase of both F1 packages (Displays and GPS) albeit with a little less functionality and quality, Yes?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

3 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Thanks Bert, no doubt they are great units. So then Carenado supplied displays are at least compatible with the F1 GNS units (the 530/430 package) allowing people like myself to split the purchase of both F1 packages (Displays and GPS) albeit with a little less functionality and quality, Yes?

Correct..

• Upvote 1

Bert

9 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Correct..

Thank you sir!

Jose A.

Sorry to hijack this thread but do you folks know if i can use the flight1 GTN650 with the Carenado Seneca (FSX) default g600 PFD? I've had a really hard time getting the RealityXP gns550 to work and just discovered Flight1's GTN which is what I've been looking for.

Thanks