Sign in to follow this  
burm

Majestic Dash8 Problems

I have installed the module 2.5 for this plane as I have amcp2.

The problem is with the hdg and alt knobs on then autopilot panel.

When I rotate the hdg knob the bug jumps 10 degrees with each movement.

The alt knob only changes  1000 feet  with each slight movement.

Is there any way to fix this?

thanks

Hi Burm

The VRi MCP knobs generate a slow and fast input when turned depending on how fast you rotate the knob. This is translated in LINDA to the MCP + and ++ or - and - - inputs. You need to ensure that your are using the following Q400 module functions:

• MJCD8_HDG_BUG_inc
  • MJCD8_HDG_BUG_incfast
  • MJCD8_HDG_BUG_dec
  • MJCD8_HDG_BUG_decfast
  • MJCD8_ALT_BUG_inc
  • MJCD8_ALT_BUG_incfast
  • MJCD8_ALT_BUG_dec
  • MJCD8_ALT_BUG_decfast

The inc/dec functions change the input by one unit, the incfast/decfast functions change the input by 10 units. This explains the results you are getting.

The above functions and others are included in the default configuration files for the MCP2 and MCP2a panels. If these defaults are not installed delete the file /modules/linda-cfg/aircraft/majestic dash 8 q-400/config-mcp2.lua and then restart LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

What Andrew wrote is correct in general.

But I think, what "burm" means is an issue with the Q400 and the both knobs: indeed at a certain stage, the HDG and ALT knob dial in 10 or 1000 steps. The problem is, that we can't control that and this is a very annoying issue, yes. But it is somehow "hardcoded" into the Q400 knob logic and I haven't found a way around it till today.

If you start a flight, normally all is well, but later, the knobs start to increment in huge steps. I don't know why and when this happens

Edited by ScotFlieger

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, 

I tried as you said but still have the same problem.

I will send you a log file.

Hi burm

Thank you for the files. There is nothing that I can see that is wrong. Your assignments are correct.

I would point you to Guenseli’s comments above on the Q400. Majestic has developed an aircraft that does not conform to standard FSX design and reportedly exhibits the usual responses you reported. There is nothing we can do to correct the problem as it is outwith our understanding. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew