Sign in to follow this  
HomoPrintus

Is VoxATC dead?

50 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

Jay, Do the some of the default airports have bad geometry or is it just some of the addon airports? Thanks for educating us on all this. I'm just wondering how many airports I will have to fix.

Ted

MS was pretty good about error-checking North American airports, but now many are out of date. But the rest of the world is a little less accurate. I don't bother editing a stock airport with ADE unless VOXATC generates an error. Then I take a look.

If one looks back through the threads in this forum that relate to errors in VOXATC 7, one can get a good idea of the scope of airport issues.

As to 3rd party airports, the best path is to maintain the currency of the ADE file. If the developer doesn't do this with updates than Airport Design Editor is the only other option.

Thanks Jay. That explains why Burkhardt provided afcads for many airports with MyTrafficX.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Yes, he fixed a lot of airports, changing runway numbers, adding new runways, deleting old ones and updating parking codes. By now a lot of those changes are out of date also. I updated with ADE the 100 largest NA airports for my personal use, except of course for the 15 or so payware versions that I own.

The author of fsaerodata is working on a new worldwide airport update. Check their official forum for the latest status report.

14 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The author of fsaerodata is working on a new worldwide airport update. Check their official forum for the latest status report.

Just visited the FSAerodata forum, thanks for this news. I'm looking forward to the release of this but as was stated, it is a big project and will take some time. Burkhart's AFCADs also explain why the AI airlines parked at the correct terminals in and gates in MyTrafficX and are scattered across the airport in UTLive.

I might try to add Burkhart's afcads to correct this.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

On 5/4/2018 at 5:30 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

Yep. The two add-ons (PSX seecon and Lorby's) and  that access ADS-B transmitter data also will "control" AI aircraft, but then one has to use LAAP to automatically play Live ATC streams that match the AI traffic. VOXATC is the only add-on that's truly immersive, especially when it's used with AIG flightplans. Maybe Tegwyn West stopped answering his emails when I asked him if he could port VOXATC to XP11. :wink:

Ahhh one could dream!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals