Sign in to follow this  
Slado

Unable to manual start engines after version 1.2

I have just uninstalled 1.1 and installed 1.2 and now find that its not possible to perform a manual engine start.  Whilst I was seeing the max torque issue now and again with the previous versions when manually starting and this now appears to have been fixed, with 1.2 when the condition levers are moved to the start position, the engines refuse to start. The start sound can be heard then it just fades and loops as if the fuel has not been introduced .  Have to use CTRL E or use the start options from the pop-up now.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Im running FSX-SE with DX10Fixer btw.

I find a process working

1) set right ignition to CONT +\- 15sec on overhead, then back to NORM

2) move the right fuel level on piedestal to the start line. 

3) immediately back on overhead and push the start button of right motor to start.

4) wait to stabilise and warming the right motor gauges.

same process for the left motor...

Not precisely the exact procedure but... working

Hope to help...

Mark

Seems not Alexander 🙄

Thanks Mark, will give that a try.

That is strange as for the 1st time I CAN start the engines in 1.2

In both 1.0 and 1.1 I had to use the Shift+7 then select start start left engine

in 1.2 although I have only tried it 2 time both engines start and after a few second drop to expected torque

this is also with P3D V4.2

Regards

Bob

Now it is working.

I used Berts GTN mod with the new version, but it is not compatible. Without the mod I can start the engines. My fault.

Alexander

Alexander

If using my mod:

I do not have V1.2. installed, but try changing one line in the panel.cfg file

[Vcockpit04]
gauge07=GAUGE_SAAB340!Gauge_UPDATE_SF34_DIG_GTNV4, 0,  0,1 , 1

change to:

gauge07=GAUGE_SAAB340!Gauge_UPDATE_SF34_DIG_GTN, 0,  0,1 , 1

Bert

I too installed the latest version of Berts mod as soon as I updated and installed V1.2.  Well spotted Alexander and thanks Bert for the code change, will give it a try.

Bert, I tried the code change but to no avail and then reverted to V4.2 of your mod but the problem was still there for me.  I then reverted to the original panel folder without your mod and the manual start-up is now working.  

Im going to put the latest version of your mod back on as I would much rather have the enhancements you made and have to CTRL E or menu start than have a more realistic start without them.

Hmm wonder what they did... :unsure:

Can you zip up the new panel.cfg file and send it me?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

There is a bug in V4.2 regarding panel/gauges search order ... Global gauges takes priority over aircraft's panel folder.  I don't know if this is causing this issue, but if so you'd need to move adjustments into the Global gauges folder OR make sure no duplicates are in Global gauges folder and they all reside in their respective aircraft panel folders.

Cheers, Rob.

OK, one more change..

[Vcockpit01]
gauge00=PROLINE21_SF34!Proline_Common_Update,  0,0,10,10

instead of

gauge00=PROLINE21_SF34!Proline_Common_Update_gtn,  0,0,10,10

Bert

11 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

There is a bug in V4.2 regarding panel/gauges search order ... Global gauges takes priority over aircraft's panel folder.  I don't know if this is causing this issue, but if so you'd need to move adjustments into the Global gauges folder OR make sure no duplicates are in Global gauges folder and they all reside in their respective aircraft panel folders.

Cheers, Rob.

Should be OK, the changed gauges have unique names.. ending in "V4"

Bert