Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Universal FMS?!!

1 hour ago, MikeWings said:

Has anyone just filed /A and flown the SAAB with the Nav AIDS?  Trying all the workarounds on the current FMS is a bit much and even  though adding the GTN is nice I was trying to keep the config pretty original...

I am using the Saab with original configuration. The FMS is far from perfect, but it keeps the plane on (horizontal) track. I don't mind too much if vertical navigation doesn't work.

Peter

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 9:45 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Time for someone to roll up their sleeves and fix the FMS, or replace it..  :unsure:

It can be done.. just takes time and effort..

And skill / knowledge.

I can just about adjust rudder effectiveness in a cfg file, but it all ends miserably after that !

I just bought this for 33 quid yesterday.

It's OK !

Just wish the FMS was better, as I really am sick of that GTN in every GA I own... and now in a regional propliner !

Screams !

Uses many exclamation marks !

!!!

Edited by Gabe777

On 11/24/2018 at 5:16 PM, JRBarrett said:

The most accurate emulation of the Universal UNS-1 is the one found in the Majestic Q400. That one is a work of art. 

I assume that their implementation is coded to work only with their own highly-customized flight model, but if the company ever decided to create a version that could be used with more generic FSX/P3D aircraft, I’ll bet it would sell very well.

Don't understand why every dev on the planet isn't adopting Majestic's modelling.

Flies like a dream, and performance matches the default aircraft. Extraordinary.

Shame the customer support is pretty much.... user based. Do Maj actually exist ?!

Anyone still interested.... the SAB in X plane 11 is Soooooh much better.

And the FMS is so much more functional too. TOC and TOD are calculated and shown on the MFD, and all Procedures and Holds are usable.

I now use it exclusively in XP11.

On 1/5/2019 at 10:10 AM, Gabe777 said:

Don't understand why every dev on the planet isn't adopting Majestic's modelling.

Flies like a dream, and performance matches the default aircraft. Extraordinary.

Shame the customer support is pretty much.... user based. Do Maj actually exist ?!

I have had lots of personal support from Majestic. 

But then again I don't complain about them on-line

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.