Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Drzewiecki Design Seattle X Elevation Issue

I recently updated to Seattle Airports X to get their version of KSEA.  Uninstalled LatinVFR's KSEA and decided to do a "clean install" of Seattle X and Seattle Airports X.  I removed the Seattle X folder for P3DV4 and removed the Addon.xml.  I then reinstalled it.  Before doing all of this, Seattle X looked great and I had no water elevation issue at KRNT as I had updated to V1.05 of Seattle X which I thought fixed that issue last December.  I had originally discovered the issue at Renton back last December and somehow got it fixed, but now, after reinstalling Seattle X v1.05 and Seattle Airports 1.1, the problem is back.  I've read the recent information in the Drzewiecki forums and our forums and see some had this issue and did this or that but not a confirmed fix (why should there be a fix required in any case?).  According to the manual, Seattle X, when placed at the top of the Scenery config, works with all scenery addons.  So made sure Seattle X was still at the top but still see the infamous water issue at KRNT (Renton).  When I install an addon, I would hope it would install properly without conducting a massive amount of research in forums and in Windows Explorer or conducting massive amounts of testing to find the solution to an elevation issue.  I have Orbx PNW installed but like I said, Seattle X is way above it just like it says in the manual.

Does anyone have the exact method for fixing this issue at Renton or know what I did wrong?  All I did was reinstall a product with an upgrade that added KSEA.  Why should this be so hard?  Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I don’t have the Orbx PNW installed but for me removing the two PNW bgl fixed the majority of the elevation issues I was having, especially the water level by the bridge at KRNT. I still have issues with some of the statics at KRNT sitting below the ground. This was a problem in the original release. DD KSEA has always had some elevation issues from the beggining that were never addressed.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

I still have issues with some of the statics at KRNT sitting below the ground.

Thanks for your response.  Saw that too.  I did have it fixed until the KSEA release.  I am impressed with KSEA and the other airports so will have to accept the elevation issue at KRNT.  If I find a solution, will post it.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I did the same as you Jim but I don't seem to have the water elevation issues at KRNT that you have.

Have ORBX PNW and Taxi2gate KSEA( its disabled ) installed. I did a fresh Install of Seattle Airports 1.1 and Seattle X v1.1 with no other files listed from the Drzewiecki Design forum except a fix for the Dreamlifter.

I noticed that you have Seattle X v1.05 and there is a free update to ver 1.1......maybe that has a fix in it.

I'll do some more sightseeing and see if I notice any issues but so far none.

Chris

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

I have the same issue Jim, my PNW KRNT files are disabled as they were since the before the newer version of Seattle Airports X when it worked fine. Not sure of a fix yet.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

39 minutes ago, Chris Boyce said:

noticed that you have Seattle X v1.05 and there is a free update to ver 1.1......maybe that has a fix in it. 

I probably should have said Seattle City X as I believe it is v1.05 (although the properties of the installer state the version is 9.5.1.0, 12/13/2017). 

44 minutes ago, Chris Boyce said:

I did a fresh Install of Seattle Airports 1.1 and Seattle X v1.1 with no other files listed from the Drzewiecki Design forum except a fix for the Dreamlifter.

My understanding the only update is to Seattle Airports 1.1 and that adds KSEA.

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

removing the two PNW bgl fixed the majority of the elevation issues I was having, especially the water level by the bridge at KRNT. I still have issues with some of the statics at KRNT sitting below the ground

I saw in the Drzewiecki Design forum for the airports you had removed the two PNW_bgl's:

0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL
cvx_FTX_PNW_water_US_N47-48_summer.BGL

but still had issues with static aircraft sinking slightly.  This also fixed the water issue on the bridge at KRNT for me and I did see a nearby aircraft with the landing gear underground.  To fix this, I changed my mesh resolution setting in P3D to 19m and the static aircraft no longer sits underground.  So, renaming the above two files to add the extension .off and changing the mesh resolution to 19m is the fix I found so far.

The fix for the previous version of Seattle Airports (w/o KSEA) was to download and add the file - CVX_KRNT_Exclude_Vector.bgl.  This file is now located in the current version so it may need to be updated.

Thanks to all for your help!!

Submit News to AVSIM

There is also an update for Seattle City X to version 1.10 .....I just downloaded it from PC Aviator the same day Seattle Airports 1.1 came out.

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=402&start=120#p13662

Edited by Chris Boyce

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

Thanks Chris but I downloaded both files to make sure I have the latest.  Do not know where they get the version numbers from.

Submit News to AVSIM

No problem Jim,

I actually received a notice from PC aviator about the update and the new download is called "Seattle City X v 1.1.exe".

Have seen on the forum that Simmarket was still showing ver 1.05 but PC Aviator has updated to the V1.1 installer. Not sure which store you bought from but I would double check with a fresh download

That would be awesome if I had the old version and the new version fixed everything but I definitely see the new KSEA airport.  In my files on SimMarket, they should no version as only the installer gets updated with a notice from the store there is an update.  Thanks for your help!

Submit News to AVSIM

Hopefully you get the Seattle City X v 1.1.

Like I said I kept Taxi2gate SeaTac installed but disabled it in the sim , did fresh installs of Seattle airports 1.1 and Seattle city 1.1 and haven't noticed any of the issues that some others reported..... guess I got really lucky...lol lol

The new SeaTac looks great and I'm really impressed with all of his Seattle scenery.

My biggest thing now is tinkering with my new system and getting used to setting my NVidia card up ( had ATI in the old system). NVidia Profile inspector or NVidia control panel or both...…….Huge difference in the way the sim runs and looks with this I5 8600K and the 1070TI.

So, when you download it, your product states Seattle City X v1.1?  And, after you unzip it and right click Seattle City X v1.1 and select properties, it states you have version 1.1 under the Detail tab and not version 9.5.1.0, 12/13/2017?  I got an update e-mail too and it provided me a link to Seattle City X but did not say it was version 1.1:

Dear simMarket Customer,
at simMarket you can now find a new version of your product:
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - SEATTLE CITY X FSX P3D  (no Version shown)
[link removed]
Make sure you use the same account from previous order to get your new version for free.
The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions,
existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.
For technical support please contact the support addresses listed in the documentation for the respective product.
The support addresses are also listed in the respective product description pages in our shop.
Best Regards,
The simMarket Team

I will download again from SimMarket

Submit News to AVSIM

Been following this thread. Didn't realize there was an update for Seattle City X. Downloading it now from Aerosoft. Anyway, I don't have the elevation issue KRNT being reported.
I have installed:
Seattle Airports X 1.1
Seattle City X the previous version 1.05 (will install 1.1 in a few minutes).
Orbx PNW
Never had Latin VFR or Taxi2Gate products installed in this region.

I noticed that both Seattle Airports X and Seattle City X install into the same scenery folder.

Edited by Bills511

Think I found the solution.  Even though the upgrade to Seattle City X is free if you purchased it already, you have to "buy" it again on Simmarket and you will not be charged but you will get a link to a completely different version of Seattle City X.  It is only 3.5GB in size whereas the original was 4.7GB's. 

Submit News to AVSIM

3 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

I noticed that both Seattle Airports X and Seattle City X install into the same scenery folder.

This is the correct way.  The folder will only be Seattle X when all the installing is done.

Submit News to AVSIM