Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Drzewiecki Design Seattle X Elevation Issue

14 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Think I found the solution.  Even though the upgrade to Seattle City X is free if you purchased it already, you have to "buy" it again on Simmarket and you will not be charged but you will get a link to a completely different version of Seattle City X.  It is only 3.5GB in size whereas the original was 4.7GB's. 

I think you mentioned you had a Latin/VFR version, did you check the world/scenery folder for a elevation file that LVFR may have placed in there ?

EDIT: Also, if you uninstall Seattle X, did you run the Seattle X_NO_REG batch file before uninstalling ?

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I noticed the new version Seattle Airports X file was smaller than the version without KSEA.

9 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

This is the correct way.  The folder will only be Seattle X when all the installing is done.

Kind of makes it tricky if you want to uninstall just one of the products.

Edited by Bills511

Both installers updated. Only issue I noticed so far are some of the static aircrafts are sunk into the ground.

17 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I think you mentioned you had a Latin/VFR version, did you check the world/scenery folder for a elevation file that LVFR may have placed in there ? 

I did look for remnants of LatinVFR and found none in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder.  I have solved the problem with the help of Chris.  When I went for the update to Seattle City X, I thought the file would be located in my account at SimMarket and simply signed in and downloaded it.  But it was the original version.  You have to "purchase" the free upgrade as if you are buying the product.  Once you do this, the new file will be added to your account.  I suspect this is the same at all Stores.  Thanks Chris for helping me steer in the right direction. 

When you install the update to Seattle City X, just install it over the old version.  It will update the files.  However, you will have to rename the following files and add the extension .off.  These files were not updated in v1.1.

0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL
cvx_FTX_PNW_water_US_N47-48_summer.BGL

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 minute ago, Bills511 said:

Both installers updated. Only issue I noticed so far are some of the static aircrafts are sunk into the ground.

Then go into the P3DV4\Addon Scenery\Seattle City X\Scenery folder and rename the two files as I indicated above.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

Both installers updated.

Nice Avatar Bill!

Submit News to AVSIM

2 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I thought the file would be located in my account at SimMarket and simply signed in and downloaded it.  But it was the original version.  You have to "purchase" the free upgrade as if you are buying the product

Thanks Jim, I got caught with that too.So I am glad you posted, as I would never have known. For some reason Simmarket does not send me e-mails, for some weird reason, when an update is available.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Jim,

My download says - Detail tab version 9.5.1.0, 04/30/2018 and its 3.53 GB's....the Installer exe is called "Seattle_City_X_v1.1.exe"

Glad you found the solution to the new download.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

7 minutes ago, Chris Boyce said:

Glad you found the solution to the new download.

Thanks Chris.  I just flew around Seattle again and everything seems normal and correct.  Now I can go golfing again and concentrate on the game! 😎

• Upvote 2

Submit News to AVSIM

LOL:cool:

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

edit. figured out the problem.

Edited by D Nelson

Don Nelson

New version (v1.2) available at Simmarket.

But be careful, I get decompression errors during install (P3Dv4.2 on Win10 1804). I downloaded twice. No change, I already have placed a ticket at Simmarket and left a notice in the DD forum.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).