Sign in to follow this  
Ephedrin

Opinions on the 747 FS2Crew addon

Hello everyone,

to those of you who have the FS2Crew addon for the 747 I have some short questions. 

- I think my accent when I am talking english is not TOO german 😄 my "th" is not an "s" and so on.. how well does the language module understand the commands? I refer to Froogle (I think it was him) who - being american -  had problems with his accent to make the program react in the Maddog..

- They say "It's so realistic in fact that FS2Crew has won the supreme accolade of receiving official PMDG status as the only 'Official' flight crew expansion pack for the PMDG 747!"  Can you as customers agree with it? 

-I have zero experience in usage of FS2Crew addons, I want to control it via the voice input, but using TrackIR mounted on a (don't laugh) Alice band a head set has become a no-go for me, at least at the moment. I have a 5.1 setup in my simulator room and I would like to keep it that way for now.  So: one possibility would be the microphone of the PS4 Controller attached to my collar. Do you think this will work? 

I'm looking forward to read about your experiences.

Thanks,

Marc

Edited by Ephedrin

Personally I love it. Really adds to the sim especially in highly automated aircraft.  Going through the checklists like a real crew is great and you can still do most of the things you want to in terms of operation of the aircraft.  Sorry i cannot comment on language interpretation as a native English speaker with a neutral accent but you can train the voice recognition system to your voice. It's a miminor issue. 

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Sim: https://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I got FS2Crew for the 737, 747 and MD80 (previous 777 and Q400).

With the 737 and 747 i got no problem, but I experience the same problem as Froogle with the MD80 that it won´t accept my voice commands and often has to use "set and checked".

But all to all I enjoy FS2Crew and find it a huge help when flying.

• Like 1

Best regards

Peter Lund

thanks guys, I think I will try my best with it and go and get it for the 747 😄

19 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

refer to Froogle (I think it was him) who - being american

I could have sworn Froogle is a Brit ?

Julian Evans

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

No problems at all with my "German" english. Additionally should any problems with certain words occur, you can train these in the Speech engine.

I would certainly recommend it, it really adds to the immersion. 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

44 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Oh? okay, then it makes ab bit more sense 😄 

It's really nice, I'm just on my first flight with FS2C from Frankfurt to Hongkong. The only thing that really bothers me is that I had to set my whole Computer to US English and that they don't tell you about this issue neither on their product site nor in the FAQs. -.- I can deal with it, but it's annoying.

• Upvote 1

I don't have the 747 but if the FS2Crew manual DOESN'T tell you to select US English, then it's the only one.  Here's the relevant bit from the 737 Reboot manual:

Capture.png

ngxu_banner.png

the manual does... but it should be said on the website when you have to decide if you buy it or not.. It's not the fine way to ignore such a major impact on a system. Not everyone wants to deal with his system set to english. Eventually mentioning it in the manual is like "oh yeah by the way, set your system to a foreign language or you won't be able to use what you have purchased... but anyway you have already paid, so what..." 

14 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

the manual does... but it should be said on the website when you have to decide if you buy it or not.. It's not the fine way to ignore such a major impact on a system. Not everyone wants to deal with his system set to english. Eventually mentioning it in the manual is like "oh yeah by the way, set your system to a foreign language or you won't be able to use what you have purchased... but anyway you have already paid, so what..." 

Gonna press back a bit on you here...

Set your system's speech recognition to a foreign language...not the entire system. It's not like you have to set the entire OS to English, such that you have the stupid American date format, english titles, and so on. To be honest, with the exception of FS2Crew, I don't even use speech recognition, and I doubt that my situation is unique, so I really don't see the impact apart from having something to complain about.

On 5/6/2018 at 8:01 AM, ZKOKQ said:

Brit living in America, yeah.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Gonna press back a bit on you here...

Set your system's speech recognition to a foreign language...not the entire system. It's not like you have to set the entire OS to English, such that you have the stupid American date format, english titles, and so on. To be honest, with the exception of FS2Crew, I don't even use speech recognition, and I doubt that my situation is unique, so I really don't see the impact apart from having something to complain about.

Brit living in America, yeah.

That's strange. I set the speech recognition to English (US) as described in their manual. Then, when I wanted to train my speech profile, it showed me an error and told me in pretty precise words that I had to use the english user interface to be able to train my recognition to my (english) voice. Nevertheless, while i DO have a "recycle bin" now instead of a "Papierkorb", it still shows the 07.05.2018 instead of 2018-05-07. I guess I will have to play around a bit with that and try it out if it will still understand me. Maybe it was just needed to show me the english text to read out.

FS2C itself is simply a blast... an amazing experience on the Jumbo 😄

Edited by Ephedrin

On 5/7/2018 at 4:27 PM, Ephedrin said:

That's strange. I set the speech recognition to English (US) as described in their manual. Then, when I wanted to train my speech profile, it showed me an error and told me in pretty precise words that I had to use the english user interface to be able to train my recognition to my (english) voice. Nevertheless, while i DO have a "recycle bin" now instead of a "Papierkorb", it still shows the 07.05.2018 instead of 2018-05-07. I guess I will have to play around a bit with that and try it out if it will still understand me. Maybe it was just needed to show me the english text to read out.

To fix the language (recycle bin):

windows settings -> Region&language -> Windows display language.

To fix the date:

windows settings -> Region&language -> Date & time ganz unten 😉 (This can change when switching languages and stuff)

To add a language:

click plus and select just about everything but not "set as display language".

Speech req:

Systemsteuerung -> erleichterte Bedienung ->  Spracherkennung -> Computer trainieren.

Wenn du da dann immer noch einen Fehler bekommst sag mal warum er sauer ist.

BTW. When you sign in with your microsoft acc. the speech profile is linked to the account and will be restored after a clean OS install. 

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

I use the button edition, its a must, I don't have an accent really, but I can mumble a bit... Just want the responses I don't need to say the things. I get it that when it works its great, but I have my doubts so programs with voice recognition, just look at Siri how many times she doesn't get it

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg