Sign in to follow this  
aleksander7k

P3D v4 PMDG 737 won't work

Hello!

I have problem with pmdg 737 in P3D v4.1. Couple days ago everything was working normally but now it isn't. When I load aircraft on several airports chaseplane external view doesn't work (F11 does), fuel doesn't change only in CDU but plane doesn't change weight (same for payload). When I tried to fly from airport that doesn't make plane useless I flew over area of EKCH (pmdg don't work) and my controls froze. Plane was flying but I couldn't fly anymore (no control in yoke, throttle, even autopilot didn't make plane descent). Firstly I thought that it might be p3d causing the problem but I don't affect any other airplane but PMDG 737. Thanks for reply! BTW I have reinstalled plane about 5 times.

Alex

30 minutes ago, aleksander7k said:

BTW I have reinstalled plane about 5 times.

Well then that is the problem.... maybe you should try at least three more times?

Joking aside, reinstalling software will usually create more problems than it solves.  What changed a couple of days ago? How do you start a session and load or create a scenario?

Also please note the PMDG forum rules and that they ask that we use our full names on all posts.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

How do you start a session and load or create a scenario?

I start p3d as administrator and I create scenario normally (I don't load up a flight or scenario just starting new one)

5 hours ago, aleksander7k said:

I start p3d as administrator and I create scenario normally (I don't load up a flight or scenario just starting new one)

What is normally?  If not done in accordance with the Introduction document you will have problems. You're not being specific enough to get much help.

Dan Downs KCRP

has your antivirus software received an update? there hasn't changed anything neither on P3D nor on any of those addons. 

also make sure you run everything as an administrator and stop those useless reinstallations. they won't help anyone but make it worse at most.

the only thing you might consider reinstalling is Simconnect.

Will P3D v4 PMDG 737 not work on some sceneries like this post describe?

Because I have something similar... And I am investigating if this is a more well spread phenomenon.

My post on Aerosoft on suspicion on the Gibraltar Professional for P3D v4 

Posted 14 hours ago

It initially loaded with Aerosoft CRJ. But i discovered that the crj 700 could not fly 1435 nm so shifted to pmdg 737. 

I could do preflight preparations in the crj. But when i reloaded the sim now with the 737 the scenery hang and froze... 

And the CTD:  when i first load in flytampa LGAV with pmdg 737-800WL  no problem. Then moved to LXGB and CTD ...

I just bought the scenery today and expect it to be updated. I have read a post where is was an issue in november 2017. 

What to do?

All the best 

Jens

Have any experienced that the 737 have issues with some sceneries?

I know that pmdg 747 don't like Radar Contact and CTD that program because of a simconnect conflict that has not yet been corrected, as I understood. 

All the best

Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

2 hours ago, Julean said:

Have any experienced that the 737 have issues with some sceneries?

I know that pmdg 747 don't like Radar Contact and CTD that program because of a simconnect conflict that has not yet been corrected, as I understood. 

All the best

Jens 

I have over a 100 addon sceneries and none of them have a conflict with any aircraft, let alone the PMDG NGX.  Also, I think the report that a simconnect confict might be a problem with RC is suspicious.  None of the current PMDG aircraft use simconnect, so are you talking about the legacy FS9 PMDG 747?

In over ten years of following this forum, I've not seen a report of problems with scenery and the NGX... the OP dropped out of the thread after mentioning having problems with a third party addon.  I doubt his problem had anything to do with scenery/aircraft conflicts.

Dan Downs KCRP

Crashes of P3Dv4 are almost all of the times caused by incompatible scenery addons, either just used old installation files because people want to continue using their FSX/P3Dv3 airports or because of sloppily made compatible "new" installers. 

It would be pretty helpful if you could post a log from your event viewer after a crash.

But i discovered that the crj 700 could not fly 1435 nm so shifted to pmdg 737. 

This leads me to the question what exactly you are doing. Do you LEAVE the simulator and restart it from the desktop? If you simply change the airplane or only close down to the start screen then this is your answer. Same is valid for addon airports that use advanced (or) third party technology like SODE as an example. The sim might crash.

I've had some CTDs over the atlantic ocean with the 777 and haven't figured out the reason yet, but no crashes with the 737 or 747 so far.

Edited by Ephedrin

On 5/18/2018 at 11:04 PM, Ephedrin said:

I've had some CTDs over the atlantic ocean with the 777 and haven't figured out the reason yet, but no crashes with the 737 or 747 so far.

Using time acceleration? I had some crashes near Labrador in the PMDG 777, but it seemed to work if I turned off time acceleration. Only tried it once, though, so I can't say for sure that's the problem.

Edited by andreh

1 hour ago, andreh said:

Using time acceleration? I had some crashes near Labrador in the PMDG 777, but it seemed to work if I turned off time acceleration. Only tried it once, though, so I can't say for sure that's the problem.

I really can‘t remember... normally not as I use to fly for a VA, but could be that it was an „ordinary“ flight. 

Upgrading to P3Dv4.2 would help. There is no good reason not to.

Also as Marc said you can’t switch between complex addons like that. Stop and restart P3D. 

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg