Sign in to follow this  

Yawn...

Wow, almost a month since anyone posted here anything... Things are going just as slow here as the development of Aerofly FS 2. Hopefully the upcoming release of TrueEarth Netherlands will bring some live into Aerofly FS 2 and this forum again... Can't wait for it and also for TrueEarth PNW! I seriously can't stand current AFS2 scenery anymore after experiencing all the detail (and color) in TrueEarth Netherlands so I hope Orbx will be real quick with the release! Until then I will have to do with P3D.

I agree with the YAWN 🙂 

Like I stated in another forum thread, I don't think AF2 will last much longer. For Orbx to invest in this seems more a risk than a reward as far as the Steam stats show, with an all time peak of only 100 players! It would also seem to me that IPACS developers would stick mostly with their day jobs rather than spend so much effort on AF2 with so little returns. I suppose there are other users outside of Steam which may contribute, but it cant be that much more.

I personally enjoy VR flying in AF2 on occasion for a little while, but it needs some real WX and some other basics before it gets the attention it so desperately needs.

However, we wait for IPACS to do whatever....YAWN.

.) MSFS 9 ( 2004 ) was released in 2003, and laid the foundations for FSX, P3D and FSW, which apart from some changes ( FSX ) to the flight dynamics, brought nothing really new ( actually broke a few aspects that were better modelled before... ). That makes  hmmm.... 14 yrs... But even if we start at FSX, that's 2006 / 12 yrs...

.) X-Plane started in the mid nineties, but if we focus on the branch from where the latest version grew, XP9, it's 2008, so, 10 yrs...

.) Aerofly FS 1 was released in late 2012, so... 6 yrs

Yet, AEFS2 brought amazing graphics & performance specially for those in VR ( not me... ) and it comes with default aircraft that include a Q-400 with features that are way ahead of any of the default aircraft in X-Plane or FSX / P3D ( well, excluding the combat aircraft in P3D because I know nothing about those IRL... ). Even the A320 in AEFS2 is far mor detailled than the Airbuses released with FSX...

Well, I don't think we can really argue, but rather we should wait, calmly wait, and see... An R22, again for free !!! is about to be added to the fleet, and from what I've read it has excellent rotary wing flight dynamics. 

Honestly my only problem with AEFS2 is that it is too big for me to install / uninstall .... X-Plane is my preferred uninstall, closely folowed by P3D... IL-2 and DCS also uninstall very effectively and fast!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

13 hours ago, pracines said:

I agree with the YAWN 🙂 

Like I stated in another forum thread, I don't think AF2 will last much longer. For Orbx to invest in this seems more a risk than a reward as far as the Steam stats show, with an all time peak of only 100 players! It would also seem to me that IPACS developers would stick mostly with their day jobs rather than spend so much effort on AF2 with so little returns

So... now that FSW has disappeared (and I'm sure you loved that news after your constant negativity on any posts about FSW), you've now decided to start on iPacs?. Please, if you have nothing constructive or positive to say about any other sim other than P3D then just stay out of the posts and stop commenting on them. All this does is cause arguing and division and is bordering on trolling, especially after your remarks that caused the FSW thread to be locked.

As for ORBX, well AF2 is doing very well and there is much more to come, so they don't seem to agree with your prediction.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Threads like this are exactly what brought many of us away from AVSIM lately. 
YAWN

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes, although I distinguish from the OP, by Jeroen - who is yet another victim ( just as me.... ) of MS FLIGHT's fate ( it was probably my biggest disappointement with flight simulation, Ever! after Flight Unlimited 3 and Fly!2 ). 

The experience caused a "trauma" 🙂 and made us impatient... In my case it translated into an "uninstaller syndrome" 🙂...

I understand / admit that we would like to see AEFS2 moving faster than it does, but that is different from almost expressly stating one want's it to fail ?  What's the purpose ? Does it steal anything from our preferred platforms ? Is it a threat ? Just imagine it grows to something that can even call the attention of your preferred developer(s) for your preferred platform(s) ?

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Guys, if you follow our official Aerofly FS 2 forum you will know that we are still very strong with both sales and development. We are a small team - YES, We move a little slow getting updates out - YES, but we will continue to develop and we will continue to release updates regardless of the words that some have written here, and how some of you have written us off.

Edited by DrHotwing1
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Well, I hope my OP wasn't taken as writing AFS2 off or hoping (or thinking) it will fail. I think (and hope) that all my posts about AFS2 show that I want it to succeed! Otherwise I wouldn't be waiting impatiently for the AFS2 versions of TrueEarth Netherlands and PNW. The fact that I may not like certain aspects of the sim doesn't say I think it's rubbish. I started this topic here because I think this subforum is too silent. Not to make it even more silent here! (This one topic resulted in more posts in this subforum than that were posted during the entire month of April! Hurray!) I can understand people think I am often (or always) negative about AFS2 but I am mainly negative to keep the devs awake. 😉

And concerning my remarks about the default scenery: I think it's an undeniable fact that TrueEarth Netherlands looks a LOT better than any current AFS2 (default and DLC) scenery (apart from the Orbx airports, of course). I may be a bit harsh or direct and I don't beat around the bush, but hey, imho life's too short for all that. 😉 I rather have people saying what's on their minds so everyone knows what's going on: sweet talk doesn't help anyone imho.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, J van E said:

but I am mainly negative to keep the devs awake

We don't need to be awaken> What you do sometimes causes us to take time away from working on the development of Aerofly to feel like we have to defend our product, which is counter productive IMO. We aren't lying about working hard on development, us being quiet actually means that we are working hard. 

• Upvote 1

But we have to acknowledge that an effort is being done regarding communication.

Both at the IPACS forums, and even here, we can see the team coming to answer and provide more insight on the simulation during the last months.

Personally I am sure the upcoming R-22 will keep us boys busy for a good while 🙂  We're in need of a nice heli in AEFS2 !

Main Simulation Rig:

19 hours ago, DrHotwing1 said:

We don't need to be awaken>

Well, time will tell.

The R22 is coming along very nicely. 

We are also working on completing the Florida Keys DLC, and since It's my pet project, I can assure you that it will fully capture Florida in a way never seen before.

This and a release of some new features will show the community that we are here to stay.

Well guys, at least your A320 is 2nd to none I've used in any other platform ( excluding the Thales sim ) in the "feel of inertia" and being there….

And I am sure ( very sure 🙂 ) the R-22 will conquer the rotary wing nuts ….

Main Simulation Rig:

Would love to see some actual progress from the AF2 devs. The "placeholder" clouds are still there after several years of development. No dynamic weather. Still very basic systems simulation. No water masks. Still no ATC.
All it really has going for it is the photographic scenery, and now, VR hands...Yay! I guess.

Edited by AdvancedFollower
  • Upvote 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP